Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Green In the Championship

124»

Comments

• Options
    Danny Green in the Championship: Bloody quality so far. Earned his place in the starting 11 with that performance.
  • Options
    Hey interesting just looked back and I suggested that scp bought Wilson and played behind green funny how it works out . Some one must read these threads.
  • Options
    he could do with getting some more long shots off, got a hell of a strike on him.
  • Options
    People get on his back but as a footballing contest between him and Wagstaff it's embarrassing. Green will comfortably make the step up if he gets games, Wagstaff won't.
  • Options
    Must start on sat, hopefully with Kerkar on the other side
  • Options
    Just shows how a team can perform when a small number of supporters get behind them , instead of a lot of home supporters slagging them off , I've heard it.
  • Options
    Greens chance to make the right wing his all season now. Has to push on and show more consistency then last season. Fingers crossed he can do it.
  • Options

People get on his back but as a footballing contest between him and Wagstaff it's embarrassing. Green will comfortably make the step up if he gets games, Wagstaff won't.

Or we could see how he does with a run of games first before deciding he's comfortable at this level.

People have doubts about Green for a reason (rather than just trying to find a scapegoat). Seems Powell agrees because didn't stay in the team last season and wasn't involved this season in the first few games.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Or we could see how he does with a run of games first before deciding he's comfortable at this level.

People have doubts about Green for a reason (rather than just trying to find a scapegoat). Seems Powell agrees because didn't stay in the team last season and wasn't involved this season in the first few games.
    And people have their doubts about Wagstaff for a reason too. Funny old game, ain't it. I'll start to lavish praise upon Wagstaff once he makes a contribution, and not before then.
  • Options
    I'm kinda hoping both green and Wagstaff can cut it at this level. No harm in both being good enough.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like he played with confidence tonight, hopefully he can do that at home with fans not jumping on his back after a missed shot or poor pass
  • Options
    How many pens did wagstaff give away tonight?

Usual wagstaff bashing, usual bollocks. Waggy is injured but gets slagged off regardless derspite not being part of a losing side.

Sounds like Green did well tonight, good well done him but let's slag off some one who didn't play as well and forget the result.

Pathetic
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Scoham said:

And people have their doubts about Wagstaff for a reason too. Funny old game, ain't it. I'll start to lavish praise upon Wagstaff once he makes a contribution, and not before then.
    I didn't mention Wagstaff? I have doubts about both at this level. I had hoped we'd sign a new right winger (not Wilson) to improve on both of them.

Green deserves his place at the moment but he's still got a lot to prove. Stepping up to this level is about more than flashes of quality or the odd great game. Hopefully he will push on this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

How many pens did wagstaff give away tonight?

Usual wagstaff bashing, usual bollocks. Waggy is injured but gets slagged off regardless derspite not being part of a losing side.

Sounds like Green did well tonight, good well done him but let's slag off some one who didn't play as well and forget the result.

Pathetic

A really good argument that. How many goals was Green responsible for? Just the two, today.

Not bollocks though really is it? I know you may regard yourself as some sort of forum guru but to me you're just the same as the next bloke. Were you there tonight? Didn't think so.

I was, and let me tell you that Green made a massive difference.

I'm entitled to my opinion, and in my opinion Wagstaff won't be good enough for League One.

If that makes me "pathetic" then it's only half as pathetic as you are for reprimanding someone's viewpoint because it contradicts yours. Luckily, I don't give a toss what you think.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I didn't mention Wagstaff? I have doubts about both at this level. I had hoped we'd sign a new right winger (not Wilson) to improve on both of them.

Green deserves his place at the moment but he's still got a lot to prove. Stepping up to this level is about more than flashes of quality or the odd great game. Hopefully he will push on this season.
    Fair point mate, I made the mistake of assuming you preferred one to the other. And there's nothing wrong with that. Surely it's natural to compare two players who vie for the same position, and develop a personal preference?

Agreed Green blows hot and cold, I just like him in the side because I don't feel he ever hides. When things go wrong, I think you need players like that. Again, only my view.
  • Options
    I agree with ISSS, the last few times I have seen Wagstaff play he hasn't impressed at all, he moans at the ref every time a tackle comes in, and other than scoring the odd goal (he's not a goal machine by any stretch of the imagination) he doesn't offer you anything else. He's not desperately fast, he's not got a big bag of tricks, he can't cross very well and he isn't going to run through walls.

Anyway, he will have to do as Green is being sold to Swindon ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I defended Wagstaff last season after some decided he was "just an athlete" and Green was a "proper footballer". Did prefer him over Green last season because the midfield looked more balanced. Wasn't much between them at the time.

Now the midfield is likely to change (could be any of Kerkar coming in, Jackson moved to the middle or a new signing) we might be better off with Green in the side.

For me it was very early to decide after our first few games we'd be comfortable in the Champ and it's the same with Green. He's not proven himself just yet at this level. We all know he has ability on the ball. It's other areas of his game that he needs to improve.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

Sell him, sign Lawrie Wilson, make a profit and have a better player

Teehee
  • Options

Just shows how a team can perform when a small number of supporters get behind them , instead of a lot of home supporters slagging them off , I've heard it.

thank u for once someone who speaks a little sense no help slaggin off your team something too many of us are guilty of
  • Options
    I watched a lot of wank tonight but this fella made the trip worthwhile and nearly helped contribute/score a third with a mortimeresque style run .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too good for the camera man.
  • Options
    Play your best eleven the the right wing has to be Solly and Green. Evina has to play LB.

The midfield is a bit confusing as to whther you play 4 or 5 in there. If it's 5 then it'll be Green, Hollands, Stephens, JJ and Kerkar with Stephens in the hole supporting the lone striker? If it's 4 then a choice of:

Green, Stephens, Hollands, JJ OR
    Green, Stephens, JJ, Kerkar.

With Yann and BWP up top.

I think Chris has spent too long worrying about the oppo. He needs to get them to fear us.
  • Options
    hopefully green and fuller wil combine to score lots of goals
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Spankie said:

Play your best eleven the the right wing has to be Solly and Green. Evina has to play LB.

The midfield is a bit confusing as to whther you play 4 or 5 in there. If it's 5 then it'll be Green, Hollands, Stephens, JJ and Kerkar with Stephens in the hole supporting the lone striker? If it's 4 then a choice of:

Green, Stephens, Hollands, JJ OR
    Green, Stephens, JJ, Kerkar.

With Yann and BWP up top.

I think Chris has spent too long worrying about the oppo. He needs to get them to fear us.

Personally I can't see us playing 5 across the middle any time soon - especially if it's fuller up top as that's a lot of work for him to do when he isn't fully fit yet.
    If we did, then the supporting role behind fuller is a tough one, kerkar would probably fit the mould best from what I've heard of him and Stephens gets stuck in (a bit) which I don't think is kerkars game so probs Stephens as one of the 4. However, that would leave jj on the left which isn't working out for us at the moment. Argh! Oh to have a championship left winger!