Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sepp Blatter wants penalty shoot-out alternative

124»

Comments

• Options
    If all square at end of game both teams nominate five players who line up to have one good kick each at Sepp Blatters arse. Any player who fails to strike at least one of his buttocks is adjudged to have dropped a point. The team with most dropped points loses. Mr Blatter will of course be provided with generous expenses for his role in this exciting, forward-looking initiative. So nothing different there.
    Top suggestion !

• Options
    Having watched a dire league one play off final between Huddersfield and Sheffield Utd.

The penalty shoot out was by far the best of a poor game. Some guaranteed reward for the neutral watching the game.
  • Options
    Blatter is such a twat.
    Agree with platinum knobs on. He does the game more harm than good. Penalties are a fair way compared to the days when they tossed a coin!!
  • Options
    all tournaments should be solved on goals scored,

if the teams were drawn at the end the team who had scored the most goals in the tournament so far wins that game
    The problem I see with this is as follows:

Two-bob Rovers from League 1 are playing against Big-bush City from the championship in the FA cup 3rd round. Two-bob have already played 2 games in the competition so park the bus for a draw and go through to the next round..................

Great point it may only work for international tournaments or where the clubs all enter at the same time so pens gone from rd 3 or start afresh from rd 3
  • Options
    I've also said that the "Golden Goal" idea is probably the best way to settle a game if you don't have time for a replay (World Cups, Play-offs etc) BUT without the fall back of penalties afterwards.

That was the big mistake they made a few years back when they tries the Golden Goal format - that they still had penalyies after 30 mins. I beleive they scrapped the Golden Goal because they found teams didn;t want to go all out to score a goal & then find themselves short at the back & subsequently let one in & lose - so teams decided not to attack & take their luck on pens !!

So, take the fallback of penalties away & let teams play what we have all done in the past & play "next goal wins"
  • Options
    Two goals all boarded up except for one football sized hole. Blatter and Platini put their faces in each hole. First team to take one out wins.
  • Options
    In ET a player from each team comes off after every 5 mins.
  • Options
    what ever team has the biggest average cock size.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    what ever team has the biggest average cock size.
    LOL
  • Options
    I would like to see how taking a player off from each team every 5 mins in extra time would work. You would still win or lose as a team and it could be quite exciting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Either:

1. Golden Goal with no time limit. This would only be for The Final - so what if all the players get knackered, it's the last game, they can have a long rest afterwards.

2. Shots on Target count. I would actually re-define this as touches made by the goalkeeper. The team whose goalkeeper who has touched the ball the least during the game wins. This would disencourage defensive play.
  • Options
    Firstly I'd like to say Blatter is an old fart who should retire, put his old mans slippers on and take his dog for a walk.....

.....but not to the subject of shooot-outs;

The Hudders v Blades shoot-out was certainly very exciting after a dissapointing 120 minutes where maybe both teams looked nervy and all the entainment was saved for the shoot-out. It creates great tention and drama, though I didn't see it that way after going out to Swindon a couple of years ago and before Sasa Ilic saved from Mickey Gray I wasn't that fond of them then. But it makes play-offs for a nuetral as exciting if not more exciting as the FA Cup just because of what is at stake for winning these play-offs.

But if you want to find a way of finding a winner then goldern, silver, bronze and tin goal is not even worth considering. In the USA league soccer matches they certainly used to and I'm not sure if they still do this but if an ordinary bog-standard league fixture ended with the scores all level they would use the American style shoot-out which was a penalty shoot-out but where a player starts from the halway line running with the ball against an advancing keeper and has an x number to shoot at goal. So he could be forced to have a crack from a difficult angle. So there is more movement and it's maybe more sifficult for the attacker. I believe it's still best of 5 like and ordinary penalty shoot out. Worth a whirl I guess!
  • Options
    2. Shots on Target count. I would actually re-define this as touches made by the goalkeeper. The team whose goalkeeper who has touched the ball the least during the game wins. This would disencourage defensive play.
    This would also encourage defenders to take goal kicks too in a bid to keep this number down. Teams will always find a way around rules like this

• Options
    Nothing wrong with a penalty shoot out. To change now is ridiculous. After 120 minutes of football at a fast pace, running a few metres and hitting the ball is something most players only just about have left in the tank.

• Options
    Nothing wrong with a penalty shoot out. To change now is ridiculous. After 120 minutes of football at a fast pace, running a few metres and hitting the ball is something most players only just about have left in the tank.

Especially with yesterday's conditions!

• Options
    This would also encourage defenders to take goal kicks too in a bid to keep this number down. Teams will always find a way around rules like this

Then don't include goal-kicks in the count.

There may be faults with my idea but with some fine-tuning tit would be a lot fairer than penalties.
  • Options
    Tie Sepp to a post on the half way line.

Players stand on the goal line and hit golf balls towards him. First to hit him is the winner.

If all square after 10 pens each the move him forward 5 yards
  • Options
    Firstly I'd like to say Blatter is an old fart who should retire, put his old mans slippers on and take his dog for a walk.....

.....but now to the subject of shooot-outs;

The Hudders v Blades shoot-out was certainly very exciting after a dissapointing 120 minutes where maybe both teams looked nervy and all the entainment was saved for the shoot-out. It creates great tention and drama, though I didn't see it that way after going out to Swindon a couple of years ago and before Sasa Ilic saved from Mickey Gray I wasn't that fond of them then. But it makes play-offs for a nuetral as exciting if not more exciting as the FA Cup just because of what is at stake for winning these play-offs.

But if you want to find a way of finding a winner then goldern, silver, bronze and tin goal is not even worth considering. In the USA league soccer matches they certainly used to and I'm not sure if they still do this but if an ordinary bog-standard league fixture ended with the scores all level they would use the American style shoot-out which was a penalty shoot-out but where a player starts from the halway line running with the ball against an advancing keeper and has an x number to shoot at goal. So he could be forced to have a crack from a difficult angle. So there is more movement and it's maybe more sifficult for the attacker. I believe it's still best of 5 like and ordinary penalty shoot out. Worth a whirl I guess!
    Check this link from 2 minutes in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpAo9c705RE
  • Options

Amazing - is there a rule in that style of shoot-out that says you're not allowed to shoot on target?!
  • Options

Amazing - is there a rule in that style of shoot-out that says you're not allowed to shoot on target?!
    Think the MLS scrapped in the year 2000,

but I wonder if the 4th player for the white team taking a run in that shoot-out was Yann Kermorgant?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Was there no a run from halfway inside the area in Us Soccer
  • Options
    Was there no a run from halfway inside the area in Us Soccer
    About 35 yards