Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Norway

1235»

Comments

• Options
    As a youngster with Southampton, Walcott seemed to have bags of ability but he hasn't come on as much as I expected. He does have some good games but they are largely down to opponents being unable to cope with his pace- which is a real weapon. His decision making is very suspect IMO.
  • Options
    Parker>Barry anyway

Gerrard can always fall back if parker is out of it, and the Ox could go in front of him in a diamond
    So what you are suggesting then is Gerrard and Lampard in the middle?
    No.

Scott Parker - Gerrard
    Barry - Gerrard
    Jones - Gerrard
    Gerrard - Ox
    Gerrard - Lampard

In that order of availability

• Options
    I'm charlton over anything... And have just fallen out of love with the England team over the years... Id walk across glass to watch half an hour of live charlton whereas I couldnt really care about England...

It didn't used to be this way, I LOVED England in the days of lineker and Peter Reid and Gascogne and waddle and hoddle .... And even Owen and Beecham and scholes and even when rooney came through .... But now I just seem to hate almost the whole squad... Not that I want them to do bad but I just can't associate myself with them... The Likes of Ashley cole and John terry man John terry ... That bloke .... Far out ...
    My feelings exactly
  • Options
    Dont get the whole 'surely he must get u21 experience first'

Everyone is different, and The Ox is the sort of character who can handle coming straight into the England set-up. Especially how his seasons gone at Arsenal. Its not like he is out of his depth at all. Hard to make a case for him not to start, ability-wise.
    I agree.

There is something special about the guy like there was about Rooney, Owen. Why should he be held back if has shown he can perform on the bigger domestic stage?

Sorry disagree, it is about development, with younger players that have hardly played in the prem......., he only played in his first international in september 2011, and only started his first prem match for the arsenal on Jan 2012. Do not get me wrong, the player seems to be an exceptional player, but a few months prem experience seems to rushing things, at least for full International duty, for this tournament. Remember the Walcot world cup call up as a example of rushing things.
    Difference is Walcott didn't play for Arsenal in the run up to the tournament. The Ox has played 26 games in total for Arsenal this season. Yes alot as sub but he has definately made an impact at his club and not going as merit of a heft price tag for a youngster. Could it be a case of too much too soon? Possibly. But I think he has shown alot more than others who have been rushed.
  • Options
    The Ox is absolute quality with a great future in the game, probably one of the few young english players that I can safely say will become world class when he matures
  • Options
    Joe Hart and Ashley Cole are the only world class players England have.
    Bit generous to Joe Hart there
    Well there's Wayne Rooney, but...
    Rooney is good but not world class mate
    Definitely world class
    Nah
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Barry was the problem... Too slow and too his forwards passing is shite. Who else could we have brought in though?
  • Options
    I suppose Chelsea managed to become champions of Europe by just sticking everyone behind the ball and counter attacking which wasn't pretty on the eye but it worked so maybe this is the approach Roy is adopting
    Worked for Greece a few years back, they won the whole thing with a very average squad. Denmark did it too.
  • Options
    Barry was the problem... Too slow and too his forwards passing is shite. Who else could we have brought in though?
    I agree about Barry's limitations - not forgetting he started at Villa as a left-back/centre-half - but he is not the problem, he is one of about 199 problems that the English national team has.....

....the first one is...

1] We are not particularly good......
  • Options
    I suppose Chelsea managed to become champions of Europe by just sticking everyone behind the ball and counter attacking which wasn't pretty on the eye but it worked so maybe this is the approach Roy is adopting
    Worked for Greece a few years back, they won the whole thing with a very average squad. Denmark did it too.
    Something along those lines will be our best chance - If we negotiate our way through a tough group - we have Rooney and Young who are capable of something special if we keep the other team out!!!

Do we care if we win at any cost? - of course we don't and that is why Hodgson was always a better choice than Redknapp - who 'would have had a right go' and been too positive.