Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision

Comments

• Options
    Just enter Adele.
  • Options
    Just enter Adele.
    Is that a 'Wouldya?'

• Options
    Just to say, although you're right that the UK will never a have a chance due to politics, the last three winner have been Sweden, Germany and Azerbaijan, none of which have more than 2/3 borders. I think a genuinely good song with a big performance, would see the UK finish in the top 5, remember they did finish 5th a few years ago!
    recheck that Atlas Fred !
    Haha, obviously Germany has more borders, but then they're not as involved in the 'voting to and from your neighbours' stuff. Norway won it a few years ago as well, I'm pretty sure their only border is with Sweden!

Norway also borders Finland and Russia.

:-)
  • Options
    ITV are members of the European Broadcasting Union and I imagine they might pick it up if the BBC were to drop it.
  • Options
    Thought Humperdinck was dire. Thought the standard was better this year. Norton does a half deent job but I miss Wogan. I love Eurovision, no matter how crap or how annoying the voting patterns are.
  • Options
    Better than what Large? The bits that I saw it was more or less the same dreadful X Factor style song from half the contestants, just at varying speeds, and the usual bingy bangy bongy from the rest...

I don't want anything else from Eurovision.
  • Options
    Forgot all about this for the last 20 years. Did I miss anything?
  • Options
    "And the winner is...........................GREAT BRITAIN".
  • Options
    what makes me cringe is when you have serbia croatia and bosnia ect giving each other 12 points when not 20 years ago they were happily commiting mass genocide on each other..oh how music makes the world forget...
  • Options
    what makes me cringe is when you have serbia croatia and bosnia ect giving each other 12 points when not 20 years ago they were happily commiting mass genocide on each other..oh how music makes the world forget...
    This.

I used to watch the Eurovision for the same reasons most people did, ie for Terry Wogan's commentary and to laugh at the deplorable singers/bands that were on show. Now Terry's gone, replaced with a not too bad Graham Norton, but it's not the same.

No-one in Europe likes us so it's no surprise that the UK came second to last. Saying that, the Swedish effort had been Number 1 in several countries prior to Saturday so its not surprising that they won.

I gave the whole shebang a miss this year to see Saxon + Judas Priest at Hammersmith Odeon which was, I'm sure, a billion times better than what was being served up in Azerbaijan.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    it
    Just found out the Swedish tune has already been a hit in many countries, number one in five. On that basis I suggest we do actually enter a Lennon and McCartney track, and see what the reaction is...
    It has to be an original song not previously released before selection as that nations entrant.
    It can be released once chosen and before the contest.
  • Options
    Addickted4life said:
    Just enter Adele.

Is that a 'Wouldya?'

LOL nice one. Nothing to do with music, never watch it and couldn't care less
  • Options
    it
    Just found out the Swedish tune has already been a hit in many countries, number one in five. On that basis I suggest we do actually enter a Lennon and McCartney track, and see what the reaction is...
    It has to be an original song not previously released before selection as that nations entrant.
    It can be released once chosen and before the contest.
    Ah, should have guessed they would have a way around it...
  • Options
    Did "We" win ?
  • Options
    Did "We" win ?
    If you're Swedish yes, otherwise no.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just seen Bonnie Tyler on The Graham Norton show performing this years entry - oh My God. What a downbeat depressing song. Who picks these songs? Oh and it she looks like she's looking after a dead heat in a Zeplin race .
  • Options
    Yes I saw that. I think we've surpassed (sp)? ourselves this year.
    Truly, truly shocking. I can't stand to look at her or listen.
    We'll be lucky to get zero :-)
  • Options
    I've not heard or seen the squalls but as long as it guarantees that we don't win and therefore have to host then that's good enough.
  • Options
    I think it's a good song but it won't register at Eurovision.
  • Options

Yes I saw that. I think we've surpassed (sp)? ourselves this year.
    Truly, truly shocking. I can't stand to look at her or listen.
    We'll be lucky to get zero :-)

Riviera said:

I think it's a good song but it won't register at Eurovision.

I see your taste hasn't improved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well you're the only person on here I've ever borrowed a record off!

Yes you youngsters a vinyl Long Player.
  • Options
    Bugger.1-0 to you.
  • Options
    I have a friend that goes to the finals every year. True fact.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Excuse me sir but I'm supposed to be the weird one on here :-)

• Options
    glad no one on here takes it too seriously
  • Options
    It would be a better programme if they scrapped the songs and just went straight to the voting. It would also be a lot shorter.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i will be watching this. has never been the same without terry wogan though.

me and a few mates make a drinking game out of it. you go for a certain country that you like then for every vote they get you have a drink. of course if you go for britain it will become quite a dry night.

• Options
    buckshee said:

Inspector Sands ?
  • Options
    I quite like the song, I think some of you may be surprised at how well it will do. Won't win because of the stupid political voting, but katrina and the waves made it.
  • Options
    it's here! and this will be the winner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdU02F9lT2g