Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eurovision

12346»

Comments

• Options

Poor bunch of songs ths year I thought but the best one won. What the hell happened to the Irish?

Some brilliant song...best contest for many years.

• Options
    I take Eurovision as a bit of a laugh, wishUk could do better , thought our song was pants.
  • Options
    Why can't we just enter a pop song? It's basically what Denmark did and they won easily.

For such a musically rich nation, we do send a load of dross to Eurovision. Not one song in the past 5-6 years i've enjoyed.
  • Options
    I wonder if one direction entered where we would end up?
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

I wonder if one direction entered where we would end up?

In the wrong direction :-)

• Options

Why can't we just enter a pop song? It's basically what Denmark did and they won easily.

For such a musically rich nation, we do send a load of dross to Eurovision. Not one song in the past 5-6 years i've enjoyed.

True. The last 2 years the winners have been up to date electro pop, the sort of stuff Xenomania could knock out in their sleep... Find some easy on the eye female, aged under 30 and hey presto.
  • Options

True. The last 2 years the winners have been up to date electro pop, the sort of stuff Xenomania could knock out in their sleep... Find some easy on the eye female, aged under 30 and hey presto.
    We don't want to win it!

• Options

We don't want to win it!

Surely we would increase our chances of not winning Eurovision if we had to qualify through the semi final stages like the majority of other European nations? Why on earth do we bother paying to automatically qualify for the final?
  • Options
    Read somewhere someone calling for Simon Cowell to get involved and run a Britains Got Talent style show. Obviously the winner goes to Eurovision instead of the Royal Variety show. I definitely think that could work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Read somewhere someone calling for Simon Cowell to get involved and run a Britains Got Talent style show. Obviously the winner goes to Eurovision instead of the Royal Variety show. I definitely think that could work.

How good a singer is Pudsey?
  • Options

We don't want to win it!

Surely we would increase our chances of not winning Eurovision if we had to qualify through the semi final stages like the majority of other European nations? Why on earth do we bother paying to automatically qualify for the final?
    We don't. We are one of the five major contributors to Eurovision, which is involved in broadcasting mainly sporting events, although the only thing other than the song contest you might know about is the new year concert from Vienna. As one of the main contributors over all, a spin off of that is that we automatically qualify for the final. Whether that's a good thing or not is another matter... :-)
  • Options
    Is it too late to say I liked Malta's song? political ding dong with Russia is hilarious. Imagine Cameron getting the hump with someone because they didn't vote for us (mind you, that would be the whole of Europe!)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Is it too late to say I liked Malta's song? political ding dong with Russia is hilarious. Imagine Cameron getting the hump with someone because they didn't vote for us (mind you, that would be the whole of Europe!)

Quality song McBobbin...comedy songs are not easy to write although some think all my songs are a joke :-)

• Options
    McBobbin said:

We all know it is a joke of a contest, but to be so convinced that a neighbour should vote for you just because they are a neighbour, shows that corruption is so much a part of their everyday lives they actually publicly get the hump when it does not work. I am aware that the circumstances involve a cock up between votes cast and what the jury awarded, but it's still farcical.