Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hayes to sign for Brentford (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him .
  • Options
    Has anyone heard anything abou Paul Hayes?
  • Options
    I heard he was going to Brentford the day after he signed for us.

Beat that.
  • Options
    He's signed for us?
    First I've heard of it.
  • Options
    Who is this Paul Hayes you all speak of ? ;)
  • Options
    Doesn't he play for brentford?
  • Options
    Good move for him I reckon.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A while ago wasn't there something about him leaving?

But it's all a bit Hayesy now.
  • Options
    He has no future at CAFC .. so good luck to him in his future career
  • Options
    Tell that to addickdanny
    Been username iv used since i first had a yahoo email address when our family first got a computer.....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Hearing that two other League One teams in for #cafc striker Paul Hayes along with Brentford. Full story in SLP tomorrow.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Hearing that two other League One teams in for #cafc striker Paul Hayes along with Brentford. Full story in SLP tomorrow.
    Sheffield United ?
  • Options
    Colchester rumoured to be one of them. Hopefully Hayes plus small fee for Wordsworth.
  • Options
    Colchester rumoured to be one of them. Hopefully Hayes plus small fee for Wordsworth.
    Essex boy isn't he? Would make sense location wise, and they're always in with a shout of play offs.
  • Options
    Notts County and Swindon are the other teams according to Cawley on Twitter .
  • Options
    So much for colchester being rumoured to be one of the clubs....

Hopefully a bidding war can happen between them. Would be happy with anything near 200k
  • Options
    So much for colchester being rumoured to be one of the clubs....

Hopefully a bidding war can happen between them. Would be happy with anything near 200k
    To be fair we signed him for nothing from a club in the division above, and we can't exactly claim to have developed the player. He is, do doubt, on good money that we can use to pay an alternative. On that basis if we can get another club to take him on a free with us not having to subsidise his wages we will have done ok.
  • Options
    Thought Hayes was decent towards the beginning of the season and contributed to our fantastic start of the season.

However, was far from impressed with his substitute appearances later in the season.

Think League 1 is probably his level and would probably do well at somewhere like Bentford or Swindon.

However, if he ended up at Swindon, I don't think that he and Benson would form a good striking partnership.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    However, if he ended up at Swindon, I don't think that he and Benson would form a good striking partnership.

I suspect he may replace Benno again ,I'm afraid that Paul Benson is an excellant L2 striker whose chance to play at a higher level maybe came three or four years too late.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Agree, Swindon will probably be busy in the transfer market as well and therefore can see them signing a few strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him thought he linked well with BWP at the start, but was no way near kermogant so lost his place. Oh well!
  • Options
    Benno scored 10 in 33 for us, 11 in 22 for Swindon. Some of those would be as sub. Vastly improved his game while with us and never played with Yann. Very unlucky, especially when BWP was firing blanks. The guy is a decent player.
  • Options
    He is only personally aware of interest from Notts County.
  • Options
    hearing its now done
  • Options
    1se7 said:

hearing its now done

Same and Ricardo Fuller in.
  • Options
    Just been confirmed by text but said it was on a free transfer
  • Options
    On Charlton Facebook confirmed on a free.
  • Options
    Can't believe his gone on a free, was expecting at least a few k, ah well good luck at brentford paul! Let's home this means a new signing coming in
  • Options
    Three months later than expected. Good luck Paul at Griffin Park.
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. Will score plenty this year.