Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hayes to sign for Brentford (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Honestly thought BWP played a lot better beside him, he was incredibly unselfish and clever in an around the box. Was never a outlet target man, but encouraged us to get the ball down the feet and move off him. He obviously had his limitations as more players at that level do pace and finishing being two of those but I must admit I think his performace against Colchester Away was one of if not the best forward performances I saw last season.

Wish him all the best.
  • Options
    Bees boss Uwe Rosler said: "We are delighted to finally get Paul; it was a long battle to get him.

"Without Paul's commitment and desire to want to play for Brentford, the deal would not have happened.

"It is fantastic to see a player like Paul prepared to make sacrifices to join us and it is pleasing for me that he believes in what we want to achieve.

"I know that Paul wants to join us for the right reasons and I thank him for that. He will bring us quality and the experience of winning promotion three times from this league."

signed a 3 year contract, probably less money but security for three years. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Good luck Paul..you did well for us at the beginning of season...

• Options

Bees boss Uwe Rosler said: "We are delighted to finally get Paul; it was a long battle to get him.

"Without Paul's commitment and desire to want to play for Brentford, the deal would not have happened.

"It is fantastic to see a player like Paul prepared to make sacrifices to join us and it is pleasing for me that he believes in what we want to achieve.

"I know that Paul wants to join us for the right reasons and I thank him for that. He will bring us quality and the experience of winning promotion three times from this league."

signed a 3 year contract, probably less money but security for three years. Good luck to him.

Typical greedy footballer. Took a pay cut just so he could play football after Charlton bent over backwards to keep him and even offered him the special number 39 shirt. : - )
  • Options
    Good luck to him as he is real honest pro who was unlucky here.

He should do really well at Brentford.
  • Options

Just find it strange that we had turned down offers for Clarke for not being good enough. Thought we'd be more desperate to get rid of him than Hayes?I

Good luck Paul. His backheel goal early in the season was one of my favourite goals last season....................................

good point
  • Options
    Thought we played alot more "football" when he was in the side, very best to him.
  • Options

not saying I would pick Hayes ahead of Yann but imo we played better football when Hayes was in the side. end of season DVD bears this out.

Agree. Should do well at Brentford if they have a goalscorer and pass the ball well.
  • Options
    He'll be the bees knees. Good luck PH.
  • Options
    Good luck to a decent player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently photos of him in a Tranmere shirt in his back garden were about to be leaked to the News Hopper so he had to cut his losses and leave before he was hounded out.
  • Options
    Good luck to Paul Hayes, He has always been professional and just got on with his job. I have no doubt he will do a good job at Brentford.
  • Options
    Good luck paul
  • Options
    Important to move him on, as he had another two years on his contract and there was no way Chris Powell was going to play him unless we suffered a rash of injuries. Rosler's talk of Hayes making personal sacrifices suggests that there may have been a compromise in relation to the next instalment of Hayes' signing on fee ( usually paid over the life of the contract) and a trade off between lower wages, on the one hand, and an extra year's contract and playing some football, on the other. Sensible guy and good luck to him.

As someone has remarked earlier in the thread, hopefully we can now get rid of Clarke. It may have to be on loan but he should be able to do a job at League 1 or 2 level.

We'll need to get another forward in but I suspect that may be on loan.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have been very happy to keep Hayes over Clarke.
  • Options

Apparently photos of him in a Tranmere shirt in his back garden were about to be leaked to the News Hopper so he had to cut his losses and leave before he was hounded out.

LOL!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have been very happy to keep Hayes over Clarke.

This.

I rated Hayes and thought he made a great contribution to our success in the early part of last season.

Good luck Paul, I'm sure you'll do well at Brentford and I hope you do.
  • Options
    Liked him - Cheers Paul and good luck with The Bees
  • Options
    All the best for the future with Brentford, Paul.
  • Options
    Good luck Paul,sorry to see him go to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Paul. He's a smart player with a decent eye for goal, but he's a yard of pace or a but more physical presence short of being a Championship standard striker, but he's a very good player at League 1 level. I think we'd have still got promoted with him in the side and BWP may have scored a few more goals, but overall he's not as good as Yann who was just plain too good for most teams to handle last year. The difference was marked when Hayes stood in for Yann away at Huddersfield.

It's shame it didn't work out for him here but that's football and I wish him luck, even if his new manager is a bit of a prick.
  • Options
    #Hayesy9

"Tough decision to leave Charlton, want to thank the fans for all your support and messages, really gonna miss the place especially the lads!"
  • Options
    How many goals do you think PH will score for Brentford if he stays fit for the season , 15 - 20?
  • Options
    10 but he'll set up 20
  • Options
    Good luck Paul. He's a smart player with a decent eye for goal, but he's a yard of pace or a but more physical presence short of being a Championship standard striker, but he's a very good player at League 1 level. I think we'd have still got promoted with him in the side and BWP may have scored a few more goals, but overall he's not as good as Yann who was just plain too good for most teams to handle last year. The difference was marked when Hayes stood in for Yann away at Huddersfield.

It's shame it didn't work out for him here but that's football and I wish him luck, even if his new manager is a bit of a prick.
    How is the manager a prick?
  • Options
    Rossler? I cant stand him either.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Good move for him. They were crying out for strikers from the looks of their forum.

I liked Hayes, he could hold the ball up well and was good at placing his shots. He will do well for them.
  • Options
    What has Rosler done lol, haven't noticed anything?
  • Options
    Good player at the right club but at the wrong time.
    Will score shit loads at Brentford.
  • Options
    Liked him, but he needs football.