Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hayes to sign for Brentford (ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Not a bad player. Helped us get off to a great start last season. Unfortunately for him, Kermorgant was just better. Good luck. Brentford are now my L1 team!!
  • Options

Just been confirmed by text but said it was on a free transfer

wages off books, pays for player coming in. Best we could do I suppose.

• Options
    Good luck to him He will do well at Brentford especially if they play in the deck, will create a lot of chances, can't believe they got him on a free
  • Options
    Confirmed on the OS as well now.
  • Options
    Considering we signed him on a free I'm not too bothered he's left for the same amount. If we need to get his wage off the books to sign a better player I'm all for it. Liked him when he played. He wasn't wonderful but he didn't do much wrong. Very unfortunate for him that we took a punt on a nigh-on washed up Frenchman who turned out to be our best player
  • Options
    surely we could have offered Brentford a BOGOF with Clarke?
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Always liked him and wish him the best
  • Options
    good move for him as i get the feeling he really wanted to stay local.
  • Options
    imagine Brentford won't be matching the wages but as they have not paid a fee they can pay Hayes a signing on fee. Imagine this was the only way we could move him on. Good luck Paul, personally think you have been very unlucky at CAFC.
  • Options
    I would've liked him to have stayed obvious Powell didn't like him though. Hopefully means we're getting a striker in otherwise Smith is our 3rd choice striker for the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame it didn't work out for him here. Decent player and maybe didn't quite get a enough chances with us but his finishing did let him down at times.

We need to get another forward and Fuller would be a good replacement. He's Championship standard and could probably still do a job for some Premier League clubs.
  • Options

imagine Brentford won't be matching the wages but as they have not paid a fee they can pay Hayes a signing on fee. Imagine this was the only way we could move him on. Good luck Paul, personally think you have been very unlucky at CAFC.

this

• Options

I would've liked him to have stayed obvious Powell didn't like him though. Hopefully means we're getting a striker in otherwise Smith is our 3rd choice striker for the season.

one coming, but think Smith is 4th choice behind Kermy, BWP and Haynes at the moment.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Hayes came in as a proven third tier player to assist us in gaining promotion.

That job is done and he contributed, particularly early in the season.

Thanks and well done Paul. All the best at Brentford.
  • Options
    Good Luck to him, just got the bad luck of us having 3 great strikers last season, could not play them all.
  • Options
    good luck to him. got a soft spot for brentford so really hope he does well for them.
  • Options
    shamkat said:

I think we'll probably be stuck with Clarke till his contract runs down.
  • Options
    Given how Clarke did at Chesterfield, I am surprised no one in league 1 is interested on a free. Especially seeing as how hard it is to find a striker.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, definitely played his part at the beginning of the season. Good at holding the ball up with back to goal and linking with BWP.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Get some money on Brentford to go up and Paul's striking partner to be top scorer.

Good luck to a good player and decent guy.

Now the big shock in the CAFC statement was that the fee wasn't "undisclosed". Is this the first time under Team TJ that we've actually said what a fee is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame he's gone , clears the way for Heskey.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I doubt there is a team that'll take Clarke on full-time given his wages, but maybe there'll be an opportunity to loan him out until January? I think that's the best we can hope for.

Anyway, thanks and good luck to Paul Hayes. You did your bit in a very important season for the club.

• Options

Shame he's gone , clears the way for Heskey.

Spits lunch all over keyboard and hopes to god this is not true
  • Options
    Good luck to him. He did well enough on a free for us.
    Fuller ---no thanks his attitude is made of glass.
    Clarke ----never done it never will do it---attitude stinks---- no doubt he will sit on his arse to get his money.
  • Options
    What are Clarkes wages ( and how robust is your info)?
  • Options
    shamkat said:

Wouldn't it have been

GOFGAF

(Get one free get another free)

• Options
    I seem to rate Hayes a lot less than others.

Nothing against him, an honest tryer, but wasn't over impressed when in the team at the start of last season, and couldn't see him featuring at all for us this year.
  • Options
    Just find it strange that we had turned down offers for Clarke for not being good enough. Thought we'd be more desperate to get rid of him than Hayes?

Good luck Paul. His backheel goal early in the season was one of my favourite goals last season....................................
  • Options
    not saying I would pick Hayes ahead of Yann but imo we played better football when Hayes was in the side. end of season DVD bears this out.
  • Options
    Hayes is a top gezzer, really liked him.
    Reckon he will do well with Brentford, good signing for them.