Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2012 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    Not a great start for me. Had Russia, but Poland drawing ruined a couple of bets - have a Germany/gomes and Holland/RvP wincasts. Will be happy if they come in
  • Options
    Van Persie and Ronaldo both to score anytime in their respective games. 13-2
  • Options
    just reading a euro2012 guide book which has glenn hoddles predictions for each match.
    yesterday he predicted;

poland v greece
    score - 1-1 correct
    half-time/full time - poland/draw correct
    1st scorer - lewandowski correct

russia v czech
    score - 2-0 xxxx
    half-time/full time - russia/russia correct
    1st scorer - pavlyuchenko came on after 1st goal scored.

not sure what odds were available but that is impressive.

today he has predicted;

holland v denmark
    score - 1-0
    ht/ft - draw/holland
    1st scorer - sneijder

germany v portugal
    score - 2-1
    ht/ft - draw/germany
    1st scorer - gomez

****puts on bet****

****goes to church****
  • Options
    Van Bommel to be shown a card ( 7-4 Betfair)

Should be odds-on surely!! FIll yer boots on this one! :-)
    absolutely
    Took longer than I thought but a classic Van Bommel "tackle" gets him over the line!! Well done Beds!! ;-)
  • Options
    Van Bommel to be shown a card ( 7-4 Betfair)

Should be odds-on surely!! FIll yer boots on this one! :-)
    absolutely
    Took longer than I thought but a classic Van Bommel "tackle" gets him over the line!! Well done Beds!! ;-)
    No Problem. It's very rare that he doesn't put in one of those tackles. 7-4 was like printing money!
  • Options
    Does that then have to be placed as 1 bet, or can you break the £20 up ?
    Placed my £20 bet with Boylesports but have only been given a £20 free bet for some reason! Will have to query that with them.

6-1 On Young being top Eng goalscorer is great value IMO
    Once you use up the £20 they'll give you the other £20, unless you want to wack the whole £40 on something then you can ring up and they'll credit you with it there and then!
    how much money do you need to put in your account initially?
    You need to put £20 on your account, and then place a £20 single bet in order to get the £40 free. You can stick you £20 on an in-play bet, for example if someone is 3-0 up and there is 2 minutes to go you can back the winner with your cash just to get the free bets!
  • Options
    Ouch, Poland and Holland results have hurt me bad. Got a Gomes/Getmany win cast, got to be a banker, surely !
  • Options
    Stuck £5 on Hoddles HT/FT prediction and £10 on the win, first 2 bets and 2 wins :)..only small bets, but a lot of games coming up.
  • Options
    My Betfair accounts looking a bit healthier, anyone got any tips for tomorrows games. ? Hard to predict either
  • Options
    Spain/Croatia double @ 3/1 is worth a cheeky £10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spain/Croatia double @ 3/1 is worth a cheeky £10
    If you shop around you will get better than 3-1 for the double . ( currently 4.31/100-30 on betfair) Can't see Ireland losing though.
  • Options
    Yeah that Ireland game (and I wrote the preview!) Is a really difficult call. Croatia have the attacking options to bang in a fair few, but they have a tendency of over packing their side with attacking options which can leave them exposed, Robbie Keane is just the man you'd want in your side to take advantage of that
  • Options
    Yeah that Ireland game (and I wrote the preview!) Is a really difficult call. Croatia have the attacking options to bang in a fair few, but they have a tendency of over packing their side with attacking options which can leave them exposed, Robbie Keane is just the man you'd want in your side to take advantage of that
    Can't see past the draw on this one. I'm sure Ireland will keep it tight. 0-0 or 1-1 - ive not decided which yet.

• Options
    both draws 11-1 could be a good bet
  • Options
    spain 3-0
    Croatia 2-0
  • Options
    spain 3-0
    Croatia 2-0

134-1 nice double if it comes in but can you see the Italians conceding three or Ireland losing by two?

• Options
    I can but I'm sure it won't happen. Italy lost 3-0 to Russia the other day didn't they, if Spain score early then 3 is possible.

Ireland is pretty much just a guess
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    My tips for today

Spain V Italy Scoreline 2-1 ( 19-2 Betvictor)
    Balotelli to be shown a card ( 11-10 Betfair)
    Torres to score anytime ( 3-1 Betfair)

Ireland V Croatia 1-1 Scoreline ( 11-2 William Hill)
    Halftime Croatia/ Fulltime Draw ( 20-1 Befair)
    First card shown to Ireland ( 5-6 Betfair)

*One bet came in yesterday with Van Bommel getting booked 7-4
  • Options

all over that
  • Options

all over that
    nice, may use one of my free bets on that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going to have a couple of quid on a 0-0 for the Ireland game
  • Options
    Eire/Croatia both teams to score at 6/5.
  • Options
    I'm going to have a couple of quid on a 0-0 for the Ireland game
    Eire/Croatia both teams to score at 6/5.
    Shows what a difficult one to call this one is !
  • Options
    For those that fancy Ireland, I just saw this one on bill hill

Robbie Keane to score and Republic of Ireland to win 10/1
  • Options
    I see that too shine. Would rather a Robbie keane to score and a draw though. Still deciding either a 0-0 or score draw
  • Options
    I see that too shine. Would rather a Robbie keane to score and a draw though. Still deciding either a 0-0 or score draw

With Spain and Italy still to play, I think neither Ireland or Croatia will want to walk away with a point..... but as se9 says it does show how hard this one is to call.
  • Options
    2-1 Croatia is 11.5, 3-1 is 28, not much help if you don't think there will be goals though ! I really can't see either side not scoring, Croatia only have a forward line, they even let in a goal against Malta in the qualifiers which means parking the bus won't help them too much
  • Options
    Got one leg of Yankee in, with Germany winning last night, Dutch let me down, waiting on draw in Spain v Italy, and Croatia win. Also got a bet on Nadal losing a set (though I think he'll win but can't get a decent price).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Keane and Torres both to score any time 5/1
    Keane and Balotelli both to score any time 13/2
    Jelavic to score first and Croatia win 2-1 50/1
    David Silva to score first and Spain to win 3-0 80/1
  • Options

You may have seen this one for the other game, but if not..

David Silva to score and Spain to win @ 7/1