Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton

124»

Comments

• Options
    Brighton used to get good crowds at the Goldstone Ground so I'm not surprised they're getting good crowds at the Amex.
    Very true....30,000+ when they hammered us 7-0....1983.
    Er, I don't think so - 11,531 and a couple of thousand of those were us....
    Memmory playing up on me I haven't got any books with stats and stuff like that, but I'm sure I've been down there when the crowd was around 30,000, I've seen Charlton at the Goldstone at least 4-5 times so it must have been at a different game, can only remember off the top of my head a 1-1 draw in 77-78ish when it was pissing down all day.
  • Options
    Sounds like the AMEX takes the tribalism & rivalry right out of football, which is great for many modern fans nowadays.
    Not during the match itself - we're still asked about our boyfriends and our private intimate pleasures by a few meatheads - but certainly before and after.

It's a simple ethos - treat fans like humans and they will behave like humans. It has slightly backfired once or twice, though it's still a basic lesson some football clubs I can think of have yet to learn.
    Personally I would want away fans to be as grumpy as possible, eating stodgy pies, pissy beer, leaky roof, flooded toilets, all sitting glumly in their seats, not creating an ounce of noise as their team crumble in front of them.

Which to be fair Selhurst Park have almost nailed....
  • Options
    Personally I would want away fans to be as grumpy as possible, eating stodgy pies, pissy beer, leaky roof, flooded toilets, all sitting glumly in their seats, not creating an ounce of noise as their team crumble in front of them.

Which to be fair Selhurst Park have almost nailed....
    True, but we want your money.
  • Options
    Memmory playing up on me I haven't got any books with stats and stuff like that, but I'm sure I've been down there when the crowd was around 30,000, I've seen Charlton at the Goldstone at least 4-5 times so it must have been at a different game, can only remember off the top of my head a 1-1 draw in 77-78ish when it was pissing down all day.
    There was a game at The Goldstone Ground against Charlton which attracted a 30,000+ crowd in 1978. It was one of about four in a row which topped 30,000.

We were having our best-ever season at the time, where we ultimately finished fourth in the old Second Division. We would have gone up, but the stitch-up between Southampton and Tottenham on the last day of the season was obscene.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this game...one away game i will be at for sure. Might even make a weekend of it.
  • Options
    A little off topic but rather than start another thread....

They signed Kuszsczaktoday - very good keeper!
  • Options

When did they sign Kuszsczaktoday, LNL

If it was on Tuesday, would he have been called Kuszsczakyesterday ?

• Options
    There was a game at The Goldstone Ground against Charlton which attracted a 30,000+ crowd in 1978. It was one of about four in a row which topped 30,000.

We were having our best-ever season at the time, where we ultimately finished fourth in the old Second Division. We would have gone up, but the stitch-up between Southampton and Tottenham on the last day of the season was obscene.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options

When did they sign Kuszsczaktoday, LNL

If it was on Tuesday, would he have been called Kuszsczakyesterday ?

Not sure, thse foreign names confuse me!
  • Options
    I would have said closer to 12,000
    I would have said closer to 12,000
    You might be right. Certainly if it was a Saturday and in Autumn or Spring, and being our first visit
    If was autumn or spring I'd be thinking 15,000 lots of day trippers hangers on if you get where im coming from
    I'm surprised many of you can't make it. Never mind we'll still be taking 15,000 :-)