Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tiddly or Ruby?

Big discussion on dinner tonight, Chinese or Indian?
I was out voted tonight and the chicken balls won, but I really do prefer a vindaloo and onion bhajees!

Whats your vote?

Comments

• Options
    In between to be honest with a nice Thai.

Pushed into a corner Chinese all the way for me.
  • Options
    Indian for me. I find Chinese and Thai food too bland.
  • Options
    Injun for me...Can't beat a luvlee Chicken Tikka Dhansak drom the Raj of Injar
  • Options
    Indian for me too. Chinese is ok, but a Ruby is the favourite.
  • Options
    Thai food bland? You're eating the wrong Thai food!

• Options
    If you can get it Indonesian is fantastic
  • Options
    Chinese is so boring. once you’ve had a couple of dishes that’s it. it all tastes the same.
    When compared it makes British food full flavoured tongue tingling belly loving quality cuisine.
  • Options
    Not fussed...i like both
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Gonna be a.last train Burger King FACT
  • Options
    Used to love eating Thai food in a great Fullers pub in London that is no more. I believe the art deco interior is now in the US.

But, I do love Curry as well. Chinese comes 3rd in the list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curry everytime for me. Can eat buckets of sag aloo too
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Chicken madras, proper English food.

First meal I want when I come home from a holiday.
  • Options
    There's only one way to find out........................ FIGHT!
  • Options
    Love both but Chinese just edges it for me.
  • Options
    At the risk of broadening this debate a step too far what's people's favourite local restaurants and take aways?

I often go to the Viceroy Tandoori in Charlton village before evening home games - not bad but fairly standard menu. They get everyone served though.
    I think Taste of Raj is the best of the five or so Indian restaurants in Blackheath, which strangely doesn't seem to support a single Chinese restaurant
    Favourite takeaway is Red Chillies on Lee High Road
  • Options
    Taste of Raj is very good in Blackheath, went to Mogul in Greenwich last Friday- also very nice.

As for Chinese, used to like Good Friends in Eltham but haven't been for years. Use Dragon Express for delivery nowadays.
  • Options
    The Viceroy (Indian) in Charlton village ain't too bad (KIdneys in a curry sauce are well worth a go!)

NC Rev (Chinese) in Gravesend is nice all you can eat buffet!
  • Options
    Indian food is fantastic and great value. Ruby all the way for me.
  • Options
    Bina in Maybush for Indian
    Golden Pool in Millbrook for Chinese

Can't go wrong with these two.
  • Options
    Taste of Raj is very good in Blackheath, went to Mogul in Greenwich last Friday- also very nice.
    Last time in the Mogul I was wedged in a very tight corner and could barely move. Food great, comfort zero
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have had some dodgy meals in The Mogul in Greenwich. Well overrated.
  • Options
    Thai food bland? You're eating the wrong Thai food!

You could be right. I've only ever eaten Thai twice.
  • Options
    Beds - I absolutely love a Ruby but good Thai is hotter, fresher and I don't need to go to sleep immediately afterwards! Freshly made fiery hot and fragant Tom Yum soup (prawn) would be my last meal if I had to choose. Leaves your mouth thinly and and your taste buds sated.
  • Options
    Love both
  • Options
    London Bridge Burger King FACT
  • Options
    Worked in Putney for a number of years - brilliant Afghan restaurant and a great Malaysian one as well.

Up in the Viking land of Norvik, we are lucky enough to have some decent Indian Restaurants and a few decent Chinese. Personally its a Ruby every time for me.

As for Thai, well I could eat decent Thai food any day of the week. Done well its nectar.
  • Options
    London Bridge Burger King FACT
    What happened to Wendy's?
  • Options
    Has to be ruby. Genuine Indian food rather than bulk standard restaurant fare.
  • Options
    Curry