Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tiddly or Ruby?

Comments

• Options
    Beds - I absolutely love a Ruby but good Thai is hotter, fresher and I don't need to go to sleep immediately afterwards! Freshly made fiery hot and fragant Tom Yum soup (prawn) would be my last meal if I had to choose. Leaves your mouth thinly and and your taste buds sated.
    I will give it a go on your recommendation !
  • Options
    The Baltizer in Bexey Village is a usual for me although the Ruchi in Albany Park is also very good.
  • Options
    Ruby, no contest for me. You can't beat good Vindaloo, However I like Chinese, Thai, malaysian and indonesian too. Talking of which, try a Beef Rendang. Very tasty as long as it doesn't have too much ginger in it.
  • Options
    The Baltizer in Bexey Village is a usual for me although the Ruchi in Albany Park is also very good.
    Last time I went to the Baltizar I thought I paid a lot of money for a fairly bland, if well presented curry. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Completely gone off chinese take-aways......just tastes all the same and leaves you gasping for water during the night. Expensive too for what you get IMO.

Love Indian food so much but I'm also really into Greek and Turkish.......the Turkish restaurant on Lewisham High Street (opp Wetherspoons) is amazing.
  • Options
    ...but I'm also really into Greek and Turkish.......the Turkish restaurant on Lewisham High Street (opp Wetherspoons) is amazing.
    Levante Pide?
  • Options
    That's the bad boy! And they sell Efes lager :)
  • Options
    Curry
  • Options
    Never been there but it gets great reviews. Efes is nice sitting on the Bosphoros in the sunshine, opposite Lewisham Wetherspoons is a bit...well...sad

• Options
    you cant beat dunking a saveloy treat in a pot of chinese curry sauce!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chinese the only way. Indian gives me the brad Pitts
  • Options
    Last time I went to the Baltizar I thought I paid a lot of money for a fairly bland, if well presented curry. Am I missing something?
    Maybe a bad day at the office Saga. They are usually pretty good. It is a bit more expensive than some others though I do agree.

• Options
    Indian for me.

Used to swear by the Ruchi and had some great curries in Bexley village.

My favourite curry though was after a 10 hour flight to Goa after being told we had to fly from Manchester.

Arrived at the hotel shattered but in time for a bit of Palak Paneer and a beer. Heaven.
  • Options
    Ruchis in Albany park is very good. If I'm getting a takeaway it's from Tara in bexleyheath.
  • Options
    Rewind on London Bridge Burger King. bland and lacking seasoning. #followupkebab
  • Options
    spicemaster in nuxley village, gurkhas in sydenham is a nepalese restaurant, but top notch
  • Options
    Indian everyday for me, although I do like a kung po chicken now and then........................
  • Options
    Indian just edges Chinese for me, but it was a photo finish...
  • Options
    Indian for me.
    The stall in Greenwich market does home cooked curries, samosas etc. Much lighter than takeaway stuff.
  • Options
    Indian all day long for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone tried the array of Indians down tooting high rd, I'm sure they're trying to create their own curry mile!
    Some great food on offer and very very cheap, cooked right in front of you too
  • Options
    Indian cuisine for me. The Curry Leaf on City road is one of my recommendations if you are in the area and fancy a ruby.
  • Options
    Definitely Indian for me........and for those Yorkshire away trips next season I would recommend the Indian under the train station in Leeds (can't remember what its called but the food is really good and the pub over the road is excellent too) and in Sheffield both Everest and New India Garden are really good......normal portion size though, not MASSIVE.
  • Options
    I'm going to break away from the pack here and say Chinese for me. Has to be with a few people though so you can all order different dishes and have a bit of everything. Don't mind an Indian but not a fan of the spicy stuff so choice is a bit limited.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    London Bridge Burger King FACT
    Get yourself a Bite Card and save 20%, makes the greasy burger taste better FACT :-)

https://www.bitecard.co.uk/

Chinese all the way for me, hate Indian food.

• Options
    Indian all day long
  • Options
    I also indulged in a Whopper meal from Charing Cross for the train home last night. Felt dirty afterwards though.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Injun all the way.

worry about the Chinese "meat" sometimes and what it really is/was.
  • Options
    Close call but Indian for me. Ruchi in Albany Park is good as is the Jalsha in Sidcup. The festive Moon in Sidcup is a decent Chinese too. Love Thai food too.

• Options
    I love both but can't seem to find a decent Chinese anymore since New Mings changed the chefs.

Ruchi is the best place for a ruby though, might have to have a bit of that later!