Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'The Sun' England Flag in Paris

Comments

• Options
    I think Jimmy Melrose lives in France. He's understandably worried that his neighbours will stop inviting him to the local Brie and escargot parties.

The Sun is an apalling paper, but this "stunt" is in no way comparable to the Argentine Olympic video.
  • Options
    I've seen it all on here now! FFS its a joke, remember them? If the French had done the same to us, I would have thought I wish we had thought of that! Some people need to get sense of humour!
  • Options
    I don't see the massive problem but I do know there would be an outrage on here if the French draped a flag over Nelson or beamed the le tricolore on the Cenotaph.
  • Options
    I think Jimmy Melrose lives in France. He's understandably worried that his neighbours will stop inviting him to the local Brie and escargot parties.

The Sun is an apalling paper, but this "stunt" is in no way comparable to the Argentine Olympic video.
    You are probably correct in your second paragraph although the Argentines probably think that the video is absolutely hilarious - just like the Sun readers think putting the St Georges Cross onto a major French war memorial (that's the Arc de Triomphe for the Sun readers amongst us) is also hilarious.

The Eiffel Tower one is OK, naff but OK, but the Arc de Triomphe should not be used like that, not that I would expect Sun journalists to actually know the history of the monument since that would involve doing some actual research.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Do I think it was funny - no.
    Would I give a toss if they did it here? - no.

• Options
    Seriously?

It's just a silly joke. As for "complete and total lack of respect to a neighbouring nation" I think you're blowing this just a little bit out of proportion. As a resident of Paris I can tell you that it didn't even make the news here, and no one cares.
  • Options
    A childish stunt by a childish newspaper quelle suprise!

I love the way they 'support' England when it suits their agenda. This is the same paper that tried to humiliate the new England manager on his first full day in the job on their front page.

Their transparent 'patriotic' stunts seem to sell them more papers every time but I guess some folk are easy to please.

Now where's my 'The Sun' St Georges flag to bluetac to my front window...
    And hacked the phones of soldiers, murdered teenagers and even members of the royal family in search of material for another exclusive.

• Options
    Seriously?

It's just a silly joke. As for "complete and total lack of respect to a neighbouring nation" I think you're blowing this just a little bit out of proportion. As a resident of Paris I can tell you that it didn't even make the news here, and no one cares.
    And there you have it!
  • Options
    jeez you really do need to get out more mate, are you the person that complains about tv shows aswell?
  • Options
    It's the Sun newspaper FFS.

It's the sort of gimmicky trash they do to amuse their readers.
    What did else did you expect?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we of the chav scum thought it was HILARIOUS
  • Options
    I think people have far too much time on their hands. Read today that 200 people complained about a puppy being given as a prize on a programme the other week.

WTF? Do these people actually have nothing better to do?
  • Options
    we of the chav scum thought it was HILARIOUS
    Simple things and all that
  • Options
    Sign of the times. People easily offended these days.
  • Options

WTF? Do these people actually have nothing better to do?
    They obviously don't spend all day on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Kids getting slaughtered in Syria and people pissing their pants about an advertising stunt.

Sad world.
  • Options
    Do I need to start a thread for "The Miserables" ?
  • Options
    I think people need to get a life.
  • Options
    Kids getting slaughtered in Syria and people pissing their pants about an advertising stunt.

Sad world.
    I don't read the Sun, but how has the Sun been covering the massacres in Syria? Or those in Bahrain (which we don't talk about because they have a pro-western government)?

• Options

Sad world.
    I don't read the Sun, but how has the Sun been covering the massacres in Syria? Or those in Bahrain (which we don't talk about because they have a pro-western government)?

Havent got a clue as I dont read it. Google it treacle chops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vicky, 23 from Coventry thinks the Syria situation is totally awful innit.

She also has nice pink nipples.
  • Options
    Vicky, 23 from Coventry thinks the Syria situation is totally awful innit.

Tania, 24 from Birmingham quipped "Coventry's a shit hole, I wanna go Homs".
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to compare the 2 actions, just pointing out that the Sun gets on its high horse about the Falklands and then turns around 2-3 weeks later and pulls a, not too dissimilar, stunt.
  • Options
    But it's not similar is it when you consider the tensions there.

The Argentine video was political. The Sun's video was football related.
  • Options
    It's not similar though
  • Options
    I live in France and very few even realised this had been done so it only served to 'amuse' those that for some reason buy and read the Sun in the UK. We showed the game live and featured today on French TV, TF1; the theme being the atmosphere in an English Cafe full of both French & English. Stunts like that run by the Sun make no impression outside the UK.
  • Options
    But it's not similar is it when you consider the tensions there.

The Argentine video was political. The Sun's video was football related.
    And this is a man who knows all about the difference between politics and football, as do all fans of the old firm... ;-)

• Options
    Haven't you got something better to do with your time than send stupid emails
  • Options

Sad world.
    And the fact we are being sponsored by an air-conditioning firm on a polo shirt.

It's all relative.
  • Options
    It wasn't funny but is there any need to write a letter or email about it? In my eyes a real overreaction .