Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'The Sun' England Flag in Paris

13»

Comments

• Options
    please dont write that you are a charlton fan in the email, will make us look light right boring dull people
  • Options
    I live in France and very few even realised this had been done so it only served to 'amuse' those that for some reason buy and read the Sun in the UK. We showed the game live and featured today on French TV, TF1; the theme being the atmosphere in an English Cafe full of both French & English. Stunts like that run by the Sun make no impression outside the UK.
    I live in France and very few even realised this had been done so it only served to 'amuse' those that for some reason buy and read the Sun in the UK. We showed the game live and featured today on French TV, TF1; the theme being the atmosphere in an English Cafe full of both French & English. Stunts like that run by the Sun make no impression outside the UK.

It's made no impression because it hasn't been reported on the radio, on TV, or in the newspapers. Thankfully the French media have treated it with the disdain it deserves. If they had reported it then I think the French wouldn't have been too happy. I'm not saying that they would have been in uproar but that their opinion of us would have gone down.

It sounds like you live in a large French city, probably Paris. Try living in a smaller town and you might feel differently about it.

It seems that I was over-reacting, thank God. The last thing I need is some monkeys making my life difficult. Sadly a lot of people think that such an action reflects on you - it's called national stereotyping.

Lastly, that e-mail took me as little time to write as making a post on here. So saying that it means I have little else to do with my time is a bit rich.
  • Options

It's made no impression because it hasn't been reported on the radio, on TV, or in the newspapers. Thankfully the French media have treated it with the disdain it deserves. If they had reported it then I think the French wouldn't have been too happy. I'm not saying that they would have been in uproar but that their opinion of us would have gone down.

It sounds like you live in a large French city, probably Paris. Try living in a smaller town and you might feel differently about it.

It seems that I was over-reacting, thank God. The last thing I need is some monkeys making my life difficult. Sadly a lot of people think that such an action reflects on you - it's called national stereotyping.

Lastly, that e-mail took me as little time to write as making a post on here. So saying that it means I have little else to do with my time is a bit rich.
    Trust me mate if that happened to us the sun would asking to go to war with France over national pride and probably start some silly campaign over it aswell
  • Options
    I can just imagine the super throwaway Sun doing something like that, Woodsy haha
  • Options
    "I'm not saying that they would have been in uproar but that their opinion of us would have gone down."

Dear me. Are you aware of the amount of national stereotyping that goes on between the English & French and what their opinion is of us already?

You should know if you live there that whilst their opinion of English may be one thing, they generally treat you as they find you & get along wonderfully with a few stereotypical jibes thrown in along the way.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Did anyone happen to see this?:

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/em/expressen-visade-vem-som-bestammer/
    Yep me and a few equally disgusted colleagues are mobbing up and are on our way to burn down Croydon Ikea.

Utter Scum as is David Miliband for doing the report wearing a Swedish shirt the traitor.

This has surely set back Anglo- Swedish relations centuries. ;-(

• Options
    I am outraged and will send an email to someone important saying so!!!!!!
  • Options
    Did that really happen?

The only annoying thing about that was the mouthy Australian.
  • Options
    Don't know, Bren. I just popped out to buy some lunch and saw it on the front page of a tabloid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its very funny... bar the Australian of course.
  • Options
    Disgusting. Those Swedes must be worried how much less we think of them now.
  • Options
    I would love to smack that Aussie mug right on the nose.
  • Options
    I would love to smack that Aussie mug right on the nose.
    +1
  • Options
    Disgusting. Those Swedes must be worried how much less we think of them now.
    Maybe they are....but not as much as the Australians ;- What a twat.
  • Options
    I wish I could read that story