Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England band stopped from playing - Thank fook for that or utter disgrace?

Comments

• Options
    I am in the thank fook camp BTW

God I'm bored, WHY have we not signed anyone yet?
  • Options
    Thankful. Bands at football are mookish.
  • Options
    Thank the lord
  • Options
    Jimmy Melrose campaigned for it.
  • Options
    I think it is a pity, and if the FA had made the arrangements, then it stinks. But there is no anti-England agenda.
  • Options
    Good Job.
  • Options
    Hopefully they are banned from Wembley in future as well, very very annoying especially if you're sat near them.

They are Sheff Wed fans as well ain't they?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think it is a pity, and if the FA had made the arrangements, then it stinks. But there is no anti-England agenda.
    That Spanish guy had his drum the other day. It definately is anti-English! But if you open your eyes, there's nothing happening on this planet that isn't anti-English in some form or another ;-)
  • Options
    Those clowns ruin England games for me. Thank fook for that. About time.
  • Options
    That Spanish guy had his drum the other day. It definately is anti-English! But if you open your eyes, there's nothing happening on this planet that isn't anti-English in some form or another ;-)
    I know this statement to be true as The Sun beamed it onto Big Ben the other day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Good.
  • Options
    Strange to think that people don't seem to like them. Probably the same people who help make The Valley the loud and noisy stadium it has been known to be for the past few years.......

I can't help but think that people have something against them simply because they are tied to the England national team.
  • Options
    why are they annoying?
  • Options
    Ban the band and while at it ban the mexican wave!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Strange to think that people don't seem to like them. Probably the same people who help make The Valley the loud and noisy stadium it has been known to be for the past few years.......

I can't help but think that people have something against them simply because they are tied to the England national team.
    Absolutely not in my case. Very proud supporter of England but just find bands at games naff and in the face painting, foam hand, "humorous" wig, lets generate an unauthentic atmosphere category.

Each to their own as I know loads lap that kind of thing up but just not my cup of rosie.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I like the face painting supporting fans. but only when its raining or they lose and cry when it all goes wrong.

( I dont mean england fans )
  • Options
    So annoying and embarrassing. We shouldn't have to resort to 90 minutes of the great escape to try and prove we've got decent national support.
    Bands have no place in half-decent crowds.
  • Options
    Do we need a "Miserables" thread ?
  • Options
    It'd be too big for the servers with this happy lot!
  • Options
    Thank f*ck for that in my opinion.

Bit different at the test matches where you have Barmy Army trumpeter Billy Cooper leading everyone in the dedicated Barmy Army sections of the ground but damn annoying at the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I wouldn't mind if they learnt some new tunes but the bloody Great Escape gets really tedious. I sat near them at a match at Wembley and had a headache for 2 days so personally......good riddance!
  • Options
    Never been to a England game so don't know how annoying they really are
  • Options
    Hopefully they are banned from Wembley in future as well, very very annoying especially if you're sat near them.

They are Sheff Wed fans as well ain't they?
    No they'd be an orchestra if they were Wednesday. Band's far too small.
  • Options
    I believe this is is the Owls Orchestra. Well, the strings section. The brass section's so big it's in another stadium.

• Options
    They are annoying both at games and on the telly. It's the same couple of tunes over and over again.
  • Options
    They are annoying both at games and on the telly. It's the same couple of tunes over and over again.
    Just like a Status Quo gig!
  • Options
    Can't stand them with their great escape, 60's mini film thing all the bleedin time. Why dont they do the tune from the Muppets or a big drum roll just before the oppo keeper takes a goal kick or the funeral march when a players lying injured.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm surprised anybody gives two hoots about the Owl's band.
  • Options
    Went on telly with them once with MOG. Nice enough guys.

Not really bothered if they are at a game or not but seems a shame that they done 200+ consecutive games, it had been agreed that they could play and then were stopped.

And all because of England's lack of support for the Euro, our condescending attitude towards the Eurovision song contest and the delay in opening the second front until 1944.
  • Options

I don't like these manufactured atmospheres, whether it's a a full on band, a lone drummer (Huddersfield for example is equally annoying) or crap like playing music at full blast right up until the whistle, after every goal, all through half time. This new fad in the Euro's of the countdown from 10 to kick off gets on my tits too.

I prefer the murmur of chatter, the noise of a crowd celebrating not drowned out by a goal song, spontaneous chanting & witty songs, not all orchestrated by the couple of tedious songs a band/drummer can play.

(& i know what's going to come from a couple of you, too predictable...)