Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thursday 7.45pm - Spain v Republic of Ireland - Preview/Match Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    That was the most one sided game I've seen since we were in League 1.
    Pleased with the result - I got Ireland in our sweepstake, from day one I didn't think they'd win, but I must be a strong contender to pick up the wooden spoon prize after that.
    Couple of points on the tv coverage:
    - I absolutely hate those wooden doll things that ITV have; really creepy.
    - Why is the ITV table shaped like an iPod 5g?
    - I have been very impressed with the camera work. Almost always at international tournaments I sit there thinking that I wish it was over here, as we have the best tv cameramen in the world. I have to say, the Poles and Ukrainians are right up there. Top tracking.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    I had Torres 1st g/s and 4-0 @ 35/1 and also -2 Spain handicap. Well and truly in profit now! :)
    You want to change your bookie. 35-1 for a 4-0 and first goalscorer combination is appalling.
    To be honest i'm awful at any kind of gambling, but have starting putting a small amount on over the Euros. Only a student so £200 is a nice little win for me :) any advice on better bookies will be well recieved. i have tried to attach a pic of my account (to prove im not a 'faker') but im not very good at his kinda thing.
    Well done anyway. Give betfair a go. Much better odds.
  • Options
    Pleased with the result - I got Ireland in our sweepstake, from day one I didn't think they'd win, but I must be a strong contender to pick up the wooden spoon prize after that.
    - I have been very impressed with the camera work. Almost always at international tournaments I sit there thinking that I wish it was over here, as we have the best tv cameramen in the world. I have to say, the Poles and Ukrainians are right up there. Top tracking.
    Re the TV coverage, I find it a bit annoying that whenever you see Ireland play the commentator just spends 90 minutes talking about how great thrir supporters are and how fantastic everything they do is. The greatest team to play football possibly ever were playing and they hardly got a mention
  • Options
    I had Torres 1st g/s and 4-0 @ 35/1 and also -2 Spain handicap. Well and truly in profit now! :)
    You want to change your bookie. 35-1 for a 4-0 and first goalscorer combination is appalling.
    To be honest i'm awful at any kind of gambling, but have starting putting a small amount on over the Euros. Only a student so £200 is a nice little win for me :) any advice on better bookies will be well recieved. i have tried to attach a pic of my account (to prove im not a 'faker') but im not very good at his kinda thing.
    Well done anyway. Give betfair a go. Much better odds.
    Thanks mate, congrats on your win too!
  • Options
    Re the TV coverage, I find it a bit annoying that whenever you see Ireland play the commentator just spends 90 minutes talking about how great thrir supporters are and how fantastic everything they do is. The greatest team to play football possibly ever were playing and they hardly got a mention
    Oh yes. Agree totally with you there.
  • Options
    I detest Irish football, but a few snidey cnts could do with looking at how proper support operates.
    Not sure I wanto ask but...how/why do you detest Irish football ?
    Just general smarmyness and idiocy from idiots. I think that Ireland has some wonderful supporters, but many palstics have offensive views.

• Options
    I detest Irish football, but a few snidey cnts could do with looking at how proper support operates.
    Just general smarmyness and idiocy from idiots. I think that Ireland has some wonderful supporters, but many palstics have offensive views.

Ah right, yeah sorry, thought you meant their tactics !
  • Options

Ah right, yeah sorry, thought you meant their tactics !
    The Ireland team has tactics........:)?
  • Options
    Think Spain felt sorry for them!

No idea why but had a feeling ROI would nick a point or something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with the chat about the camera work, the local directors are doing an excellent job too.
  • Options
    Loved how pissed off Roy Keane was at the end.
  • Options
    Spain 4 - 0 Ireland
    Right again, if only I was old enough to bet, I'd be a millionaire by now.
  • Options
    Spain are not that good ireland were just that bad
  • Options
    If only English pundits were as open and honest as Roy there, wasn't sure on him with his tv work but he won me over with that speech last night
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Agree with the chat about the camera work, the local directors are doing an excellent job too.
    This is nit-picking but they often take an age to show replays.

Wholeheartedly agree with Keane comments. Next Ireland manager anyone?

PS. What happened to the 'Remote' thread?
  • Options
    If only English pundits were as open and honest as Roy there, wasn't sure on him with his tv work but he won me over with that speech last night
    I have been impressed with Jamie Carragher, he asks questions of the others on the panel.

I think Keane will always tell it as it is, he not out to win friends, unlike Eamin Dunphy on RTE who just goes against what everyone else says.
  • Options
    Loved every minute of that game. Great viewing.

Best fans in the world? Absolute tosh.
  • Options
    Can see the Irish getting a real hammering tonight. 5 - 0 .
    I hope so

Miserable

Nothing Miserable in disliking Ireland Woodsy.

Being English and disliking England is a sure sign of a Miserable.
  • Options
    I like the way Roy Keane isn't afraid to say what he thinks, however much his opinions may be unpopular. Ireland were very poor last night, and I agree with him that attending a football tournament should be more than an excuse for the fans to have a party.

Having said that, the real damage was caused in the Croatia game, that was their only realistic chance of getting a win, and they blew it badly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been impressed with Jamie Carragher, he asks questions of the others on the panel.

I think Keane will always tell it as it is, he not out to win friends, unlike Eamin Dunphy on RTE who just goes against what everyone else says.
    Reluctantly agree with this, wanted to dislike Carra but he has been good so far, comes across as mildly intelligent as well. Dunphy is a clown.
  • Options
    Beds, you are having a good tournament !!!!

I have not had any bets other than lumped on France to beat us.....
    Was gonna put a tenner on the draw for every game, not sure if I would have be in profit doing that.
  • Options

Love him. Was refreshing when Chiles et al were patronisingly plating the fans and he said something along the lines of never mind how great the support is the supporters deserve better performances. Blunter than a wooden spoon.