Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA probe England fans' 'pitch invasion' during Sweden win

Anybody see this?
I fell asleep for 10 minutes in the second half and did realise an unusually long line of stewards in front of the England section.

Any videos online or anyone see it?

The FA are appealing already I think

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Saw it first hand bit cheeky in my opinion and against the letter of the law but it was jubilation not spite and noone got more than a few steps on to the running track it was hardly a run for the pitch. The pitch was about 20 odd metres away at least so calling it a 'pitch invasion' is hilarious.

On a par with racist banners songs bananas rioting fireworks missiles? I think not.

Haven't seen anything about action against the russian parade and polish reaction yet have we? Still catching up since I got back.
  • Options
    ISLS, if you mean the march by the Russians, UEFA have no jurisdiction for stuff happening outside of the grounds.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    But they have previously claimed to have such jurisdiction haven't they e.g. Charleroi... i would have thought they would have at least commented on such a significant episode and just hadn't seen anything myself.
  • Options
    Unfortunately people saw the Charlton massif get on the pitch at Carlisle with just a warning and thought they could get away with it at the Euros.

I see the Germans are being investigated for throwing paper aeroplanes on the pitch, another shocking example of our so called family club leading the way for the rest of Europe's hooligans (origami mob).

I heard some people were standing up too.

Ashamed of SE7
  • Options
    Any fines for Croatia (and all the other countries) for throwing flares onto the pitch?

This isn't a 'lets all point out England' post but it's just curiosity.
  • Options
    Amazingly I'm not joking about the Germans either...!

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1819847.html
    Luftwaffe 2012 style.
  • Options
    Just seen that Croatia were fined €25,000.

I wonder what ours is going to be??
  • Options
    250,000??
  • Options
    WSS - they do have the powers outside the ground when it suits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't realise. Surprised every nation hasn't been fined for scuffles outside of grounds then.
  • Options
    I'll never forget the scenes in Dnipro at the start of the game, what was the punishment for that?
  • Options
    Now Bendtner's been fined 100k for showing his pants.UEFA must be making a fortune off of fines this summer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18443469
  • Options
    From The Guardian:
    Let's do a quick comparison.

Fine for showing off a pair of pants: €100,000.
    Fine for Porto fans' racist behaviour against Manchester City: €20,000.

Fine for racism by Bulgaria fans: €40000.

Fine for racism by Croatia fans: £10,000.

• Options
    imagine if he'd got his dick out, the fine could have been larger than the total fines UEFA has ever dealt out for racism.
  • Options
    He didnt just show his pants though, did he?
    Huge advertising scam, breaking the sponsorship rules that every major and minor tournament has..
    I am sure he was paid more than that by Paddy Power.
  • Options
    Why? Is it based on measurement?
  • Options
    I hear Paddy Power had already paid out the fine before the tournament began...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    He didnt just show his pants though, did he?
    Huge advertising scam, breaking the sponsorship rules that every major and minor tournament has..
    I am sure he was paid more than that by Paddy Power.
    I don't know really, they're his pants, surely as a basic human freedom we should be allowed to wear the underwear we like without UEFA trying to stop us !

But seriously, if the tournament was a bastion of commercial free activity I'd understand, but UEFA will almost literally allow you to sponsor anything so long as they get paid - so why is it ok for them but not nicky's pants ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think you are missing the point.
    If a sponsor has paid x million in sponsorship, they dont want some Danish oik getting a non sponsor more publicity for free.
    And neither do UEFA, which is why the fine is so huge, otherwise you'll get Rommedah ltattooing 'Andrews Aircon' on his arse, to be revealed each time he fails to make a cross count.
    But I suspect everyone, especially the self-righteous Grauniad, already knows this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    If a sponsor has paid x million in sponsorship, they dont want some Danish oik getting a non sponsor more publicity for free.
    And neither do UEFA, which is why the fine is so huge, otherwise you'll get Rommedahltattooing Andrews Aircon on his arse, to be revealed each time he fails to make a cross count.
    but I suspect everyone, especially the self-righteous Grauniad, know this.
    It's not self righteous, it just seems massively disproportionate to fine someone more for incorectly carrying out an activity UEFA not only approve of but actively encourage whilst imposing much lessor fines on those who indulge in racist behaviour ?

If there's no consistency it makes a mockery of the system and leaves it wide open to allegations bias.
  • Options
    If Bendtner was allowed to get away with it, can you imagine what would follow ?

Many players would be flashing advertising all the time. It would just get absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Bendtner should have had his own name on his underwear becasue he is pants.
  • Options
    Are all football boot logos OK with uefa sponsorship rules?
    If so what is stopping Paddy Power or anyother company producing their own boots and sticking their logo/name on the side of them.
  • Options
    If Bendtner was allowed to get away with it, can you imagine what would follow ?

Many players would be flashing advertising all the time. It would just get absolutely ridiculous.
    You're quite right, there needs to be some punishment, but should it be far more severe than racist chanting ?
  • Options
    Are all football boot logos OK with uefa sponsorship rules?
    If so what is stopping Paddy Power or anyother company producing their own boots and sticking their logo/name on the side of them.
    What a great business idea, i'm nicking that : - )

• Options
    There is nothing to stop them doing that other than the cost of designing, developing and making football boots that professional international players would wear.

Might be cheaper to just pay Bentners fine eh?
  • Options
    There is nothing to stop them doing that other than the cost of designing, developing and making football boots that professional international players would wear.

Might be cheaper to just pay Bentners fine eh?
    Wouldn't need any R&D work, just a boot manufacturer, who for a fee, would stick a logo on.
    This happens alot in other areas of manufacturing from cars to cornflakes.
  • Options
    And neither do UEFA, which is why the fine is so huge, otherwise you'll get Rommedah ltattooing 'Andrews Aircon' on his arse, to be revealed each time he fails to make a cross count.
    But I suspect everyone, especially the self-righteous Grauniad, already knows this.
    The fine for Bendtner can be huge....but surely the fines for racist abuse should be bigger?
  • Options
    I think that is the key point, the fine for Bendtner is high, but probably not excessively so, the fines for racist abuse are derisory and should be probably be 100x larger. I don't think anybody could argue if the fine for Croatia was €10,000 per fan, instead of €10,000 total.