Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA probe England fans' 'pitch invasion' during Sweden win

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    The fines are an incentive for the respective FAs to do something.

You could draw a comparison with speeding fines and points. Firstly because of the embarrassment (some) might feel at being named and shamed and secondly because it hits them in the pocket.

The fines now are relatively small but my guess would be that sanctions would increase for repeat offences. The more the fines and other punishments increase the more incentive there is for FAs to take action (ie being more selective on who they sell tickets to, trying to educate fans, employing their own spotters and stewards, etc).

At the same time it gives weight to those within each countries support that opposed racist chanting or other inappropriate behaviour to stand up to the those doing it because they can explain that those actions are hurting their team and country.

Not ideal but it takes time.
  • Options
    Fined £5,000 euros by UEFA, according to the bbc
    If that had been England we would have been kicked out of the tournament by now

Oh, I see : - )
  • Options
    so what was the 'racist chanting' by england fans?
  • Options
    And finally....uefa have NOT downplayed the problem but overplayed it. They have scarmongered black and Asian fans from travelling to the touranment without real evidence that they are in danger any more than people of colour travelling anywhere in Europe. They wanted to scare people rather than allow integration at the tournament, uefa are ignorant and shortsighted. what better way to understand a person and his cuture than meet him and have a beer and a chat? People are not going to change if the only black people they see are earning more money than them and have better looking birds.
    I think the media are more to blame for scaremongering, not UEFA. From what I heard before the tournament, UEFA seemed to be trying to downplay the possibility that black fans might be in danger, not try to bring it to everyone's attention.
  • Options

Surprised with haven't
  • Options

Surprised with haven't
    Organisation about oranges