Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey Cricketer Dies age 23

124»

Comments

• Options

"Pricks"! Nice one.

Yes, he's dead and as I said that is a tradegy but it doesn't mean we have to overlook his dangerous behaviour.

Don't overlook it then but atleast have the deceny to keep it to yourself.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

"Pricks"! Nice one.

Yes, he's dead and as I said that is a tradegy but it doesn't mean we have to overlook his dangerous behaviour.

So I'm not allowed to express my opinions now.

I thought you were mr free speech anti PC but seems that only works if people are saying what you want to hear. Normal far right double standards.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

SE10 said:

"Pricks"! Nice one.

So I'm not allowed to express my opinions now.

I thought you were mr free speech anti PC but seems that only works if people are saying what you want to hear. Normal far right double standards.
    Lol, that one.

It's to do with a bit of respect not politics however you spin my posts as much as you like.
  • Options
    "Spin". You always use that word when you've lost an arguement on here but "respect". You sound like a yoot wanna be which is more than ironic.

• Options
    Yawn.
  • Options
    It would so much better if we simply kept the whole RIP thing off here, save family and friends (if it helps people) and true iconic figures. I really don't understand the fascination with all the obscure people that some post on here.
  • Options

"Spin". You always use that word when you've lost an arguement on here but "respect". You sound like a yoot wanna be which is more than ironic.

Strange post, even for your standards.

How does asking for a bit of respect for a young cricket player who died make me sound like a 'yoot wanna be'??
  • Options
    Yoot
  • Options
    Yoof
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Is that game where you change one letter at a time?

Poof
  • Options
    Is it how long we can get to Kevin Bacon ?
  • Options
    Racon
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2013
    Sad for his family and the tragic waste of what could have been a fantastic life & career but no respect or sympathy from me I'm afraid.

Replace him with a drunk and drugged illegal immigrant driving a car around the streets, the mood and tone on here would be a lot different I suspect.
  • Options

Drug use is often over estimated by people who see their social group using so assume everyone or a large percentage are also using.

Research says while around 1/3 of adults (18 - 59) have taken drugs at some time in their life only 9% have done so in the last 12 months.

for 16 - 24 year olds who you'd expect to me using more than older adults the figure is just under 20%. So one in five.

So unlikely it is "half the people on this site" this year or ever.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/sep/28/drug-use-age-popular-cannabis

social groups at football have a higher % than usual though, so this site may average above the 9%.

Evidence for that other than anecdotal?
    All drug evidence is fairly flimsy, not everyone will readily admit to their use, no matter how anonymous it's purported to be, so your figures may be artificially low. I would be fairly confident though that walk into any pub full of football fans and you'd find a higher % holding than many other 'social' groups.
  • Options

Drug use is often over estimated by people who see their social group using so assume everyone or a large percentage are also using.

Research says while around 1/3 of adults (18 - 59) have taken drugs at some time in their life only 9% have done so in the last 12 months.

for 16 - 24 year olds who you'd expect to me using more than older adults the figure is just under 20%. So one in five.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/sep/28/drug-use-age-popular-cannabis

social groups at football have a higher % than usual though, so this site may average above the 9%.

All drug evidence is fairly flimsy, not everyone will readily admit to their use, no matter how anonymous it's purported to be, so your figures may be artificially low. I would be fairly confident though that walk into any pub full of football fans and you'd find a higher % holding than many other 'social' groups.
    I know for a fact, which is where I believe SLL is coming from, that a lot of footballl "firms" partake, Bolton even naming one of theirs the Billy Whizz fan club.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I know for a fact, which is where I believe SLL is coming from, that a lot of footballl "firms" partake, Bolton even naming one of theirs the Billy Whizz fan club.
    Just generally really, not necessarily 'firm', just football is more of a lad culture and lads in the pub/away days seem to partake more often.
  • Options
    i must admit i find it very hard to believe that his team mates,being so close to him ,didnt know that he had a habit ...i think "henry" said that we can condemn his actions but still mourn his loss ...thats what i ll do
  • Options
    A balanced view and the inference in the final paragraph is one that many of us have made already:

espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/622955.html?CMP=NLC-DLY