Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Last night we finished watching series 1 of The Sinner.

All episodes watched over 2 nights as we found it gripping &, like a book, unable to put it down.

Starting series 2 tonight.
  • Options

All episodes watched over 2 nights as we found it gripping &, like a book, unable to put it down.

We are about three episodes into series 2 of the Sinner. I like Bill Pullman and he is good in this. I think I’m enjoying it but have moments where I drift off.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Dick Van Dyke show starts next Thursday at 7:30 on the Retro Channel 327.
  • Options

Dick Van Dyke show starts next Thursday at 7:30 on the Retro Channel 327.

Better London accent than Ray Winstone so I understand.
  • Options

I liked it, I sort of prefer the story in S2 but I wouldn't say it's better or worse, just different.

Finished 'Narcos: Mexico' at lunch. It's good, not up to the high standards of the Colombian seasons but I enjoyed it more than 'El Chapo'
  • Options
    Well into Power now, it makes a difference when i was originally watching it on the laptop. Now have been watching on my TV and its brilliant, i am half way through the 4th season now but have been watching it as much as possible the last few weeks.

Even to the extent i woke up in the middle of the night and my mind was going crazy like i was involved , even though i no i wasn't just my my mind was on overdose lol. i had watched it probably 3 episodes on the spin so maybe i got too into it :)
  • Options
    Just finished My Brilliant Friend. In every department from screen play, acting, direction, photography.....best TV drama I have watched in a very long time.
  • Options
    Mrs Wilson was pretty good - sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction..
  • Options

Yes. I finished watching that last night as well. Excellent.
  • Options

Just finished My Brilliant Friend. In every department from screen play, acting, direction, photography.....best TV drama I have watched in a very long time.

Totally agree, Red.

I would recommend this 100% .

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for Series 2 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished season 2 of Ozark . It’s ok but extremely slow at times but I stuck with it so there must be something I like about it.
  • Options
    Two episodes in to Travelers on Netflix. A good cast, good characters and a great premise. I can only hope it keeps up the quality and doesn't go soapy like so many TV shows do.
  • Options

Looks interesting. That will probably be next up with Ms AA when we've finished The Sinner season 1.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Not a new series, but has anyone watched 11.22.63 starring James Franco?

Just started it, as I really enjoyed the Stephen King book. Only watched the first 2 episodes but enjoyed it and seems a decent representation of the book so far.
  • Options
    Seen some excellent foreign stuff recently. Previously mentioned Land of Mine on Amazon and series 3 and 4 of The Bureau. Outstanding and thoroughly recommended.
  • Options

Seen some excellent foreign stuff recently. Previously mentioned Land of Mine on Amazon and series 3 and 4 of The Bureau. Outstanding and thoroughly recommended.

Whoooah, where did you get your hands on Series 4, with subtitles?

• Options

Go to Amazon prime and it is on their Sundance subscription channel which you can get on a free week trial. Another mythical beer you owe us mate ha ha.
  • Options
    Watched the Christmas special "The young offenders", funny in places, overall not great. On BBCiPlayer.
  • Options

Just finished season 2 of Ozark . It’s ok but extremely slow at times but I stuck with it so there must be something I like about it.

I can't work out what it is about that show I like. Grim as hell with no likeable characters but I still watch it!
  • Options
    Just binged on Kidding the Jim Carrey comedy on sky Atlantic. Loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

pirarebay
  • Options

Watched the Christmas special "The young offenders", funny in places, overall not great. On BBCiPlayer.

I thought that. It was pony. Almost as if it had been written by a completely different team
  • Options
    Forgot to mention it last week but did anyone watch Grizzly Bear Cubs & Me? With the always excellent Gordon Buchanan.

Follows 6 grizzly bear cubs who have been orphaned by either poachers or humans expanding into bear territory.
    A Russian family take on the bears and raise them with the target of getting them fully independent and released back into the wild within 9 months.
    They’ve been doing it for 30+ years and average 10 bears a year.

2 parter available on iplayer if you want to catch up over the Christmas break.

As a side note, I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting David Attenborough to live forever and narrate documentaries for the next 50 years, in reality that’s not possible but I hope Gordon Buchanan is the man chosen to replace him when the time comes.
  • Options
    Just finished Bandersnatch. Really interesting, the format works v well for the episode but i hope they (or more so, Netflix) dont repeat the style for another show as it just wouldnt work as well.

No spoilers, but i really enjoyed the storyline and i already want to re-watch and get a different ending and see how else it can play out. Only draw back was i got a bit frustrated towards the end because i couldn't find a main ending for a little while which made it feel a bit disjointed. Still quality, for me Black Mirror is one of the smartest things on tv.
  • Options
    Watching the BBC series Informer at the moment. I remember reading posts about it on here and it indeed looks very good judging from the first episode I've just finished.
  • Options

OMG, "Sharp Objects." If this is on in England, watch it. 8 Episodes. A one-off show. No season two. Amy Adams. HBO. The last 10 seconds and closing credits of episode 8 are among the most disturbing and scary things I've ever seen. Jaw on floor.

I binge watched the whole series yesterday, watched first episode and couldn't switch it off. Amazing show!
  • Options
    Wilma said:

OMG, "Sharp Objects." If this is on in England, watch it. 8 Episodes. A one-off show. No season two. Amy Adams. HBO. The last 10 seconds and closing credits of episode 8 are among the most disturbing and scary things I've ever seen. Jaw on floor.

I binge watched the whole series yesterday, watched first episode and couldn't switch it off. Amazing show!
    My number one show of 2018.
    THAT line still gives me goosebumps when I think about it.
  • Options
    New Luther was good tonight
  • Options
    Any other Vikings fans? Season 5 part2 has been immense so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Fortitude series 3. Anyone else finished it and can explain?