Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Started watching Penny Dreadful on Sky Atlantic. Really enjoying it. Plenty of gore.
    Caught this a couple of years ago when few people seemed to be watching it.

My kind of thing. 
  • Options
    Girlfriend is watching Handmaid's Tale at the moment. Bloody hell does that show run at a slow pace. None of the characters talk to each other normally; it's all three word answers and long stares into the distance.
  • Options
    TV watching proving tougher than a Wetherpoons steak at the moment. Just one TV in house + kids staying later in the summer = F all TV watching for me!

The two I’ve had on the go lasts couple of months and enjoying 

Clarkson Farm - 4 episodes in. Didn’t expect to enjoy it but loving it

Gomorrah - Finished Series 2 last night. F***ING HELL!!

Have downloaded Ballers to add next. Worth a watch?
    First few series of Ballers are entertaining, most recent couple have been dreadful. 

Gomorrah is incredible. 
  • Options
    Started watching Ghosts with the kids. Very funny
  • Options
    Started watching Penny Dreadful on Sky Atlantic. Really enjoying it. Plenty of gore.
    Caught this a couple of years ago when few people seemed to be watching it.

My kind of thing. 
    We are 5 episodes into the first series. Some really famous faces and enjoying the way they fit in famous old school horror characters into the story. Plus I love the Victorian London stuff.
  • Options
    TV watching proving tougher than a Wetherpoons steak at the moment. Just one TV in house + kids staying later in the summer = F all TV watching for me!

Two good choices.
  • Options
    What If…? Disney + Could just as easily be called WTF…? Not in a negative way, but the concept revolves around parallel timelines/universes, where a tweak to the same event veers the characters in an alternative direction. A 12+ animated series, with heavy nods to the source material the 35 minute show comes from. Quite enjoyed the first episode, while not being blown away. It surrounds Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes and Agent Carter.
  • Options
    What If…? Disney + Could just as easily be called WTF…? Not in a negative way, but the concept revolves around parallel timelines/universes, where a tweak to the same event veers the characters in an alternative direction. A 12+ animated series, with heavy nods to the source material the 35 minute show comes from. Quite enjoyed the first episode, while not being blown away. It surrounds Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes and Agent Carter.
    No I think WTF is a good way to describe it - Really wasnt a fan of that first episode.

Its great they've got the actors in to do the voices, apart from RDJ and Chris Evans - I get where they're going with it, but giving what is a rehash of the films effectively, I think I'm going to struggle with this one - I'll still watch as am sure it'll lead into the films somehow.
  • Options
    No I think WTF is a good way to describe it - Really wasnt a fan of that first episode.

Its great they've got the actors in to do the voices, apart from RDJ and Chris Evans - I get where they're going with it, but giving what is a rehash of the films effectively, I think I'm going to struggle with this one - I'll still watch as am sure it'll lead into the films somehow.
    I think this will help the younger audience better understand Marvel’s next phase in the Multiverse. As far as I know Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man & the Wasp and one other which is yet to be announced will help bring this phase to life and some if it is going to get dark.
  • Options
    Finished Atypical. The daughters storyline ruined it for me. Was almost more about her than Sam in the 3rd and 4th series.
    Never warmed to Izzie either, especially after how much of a dick she was to begin with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think this will help the younger audience better understand Marvel’s next phase in the Multiverse. As far as I know Dr Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man & the Wasp and one other which is yet to be announced will help bring this phase to life and some if it is going to get dark.
    Yeah I'm really excited to see where they go now after S1 of Loki finished.

I read a while ago that the next Dr Strange film is meant to a bit of a horror type film type vibes about it - Yet the next Spider-Man is one I'm really excited for, especially if the rumours about the casting end up being true. It is crazy how far ahead Kevin Feige is planning as there are plenty of film / tv shows that have been announced for the next few years.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea (e.g. Quentin Tarantino's comments), but love how he weaves all this together; Disney really would be screwed if they decided to replace him or if he decided to call it a day.
  • Options
    Have just rattled through Breeders on Sky One. Would recommend if anyone fancies an easy laugh
  • Options
    Just blasted my way through Kingdom, the Korean Zombie thriller. A different take on the zombie genre - really enjoyed it. Perfectly set up for another series. Going to watch the extended episode next.

Really enjoyed Clarkson's Farm after, like others, not expecting to. A very enjoyable watch - loved his relationship with Caleb.
  • Options

I have a spare TV if you want it. 40 inch, about 8 years old. Just taking up space in the spare room
  • Options
    Started watching Ghosts with the kids. Very funny

I thought the first episode was really good
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Is it worth persevering with Peaky Blinders?
    Three eps into series 1 and it’s not grabbing me.

Jealous that some are starting Gomorrah. Favourite series of all time. The first few series, anyway. 
  • Options

Yeah I'm really excited to see where they go now after S1 of Loki finished.

I read a while ago that the next Dr Strange film is meant to a bit of a horror type film type vibes about it - Yet the next Spider-Man is one I'm really excited for, especially if the rumours about the casting end up being true. It is crazy how far ahead Kevin Feige is planning as there are plenty of film / tv shows that have been announced for the next few years.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea (e.g. Quentin Tarantino's comments), but love how he weaves all this together; Disney really would be screwed if they decided to replace him or if he decided to call it a day.
    Cannot wait for this phase and only Covid deprived me of being in one of this phase which has since wrapped. Was pretty gutted, as it indeed may have had a horror vibe.

Am looking forward to some of the upcoming shows, particularly Moon Knight (Oscar Isaac plays the titular role) and She Hulk, both coming next year.
  • Options
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but my son gave me a drive with Chernobyl on it, the story of the nuclear meltdown.  Only 5 episodes but worth a look. Its frightening because of the incompetence of the people in charge of the reactor.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Jealous that some are starting Gomorrah. Favourite series of all time. The first few series, anyway. 
    Absolutely. Stick with it. Although personally I thought the last series was terrible. 
  • Options
    Ok it’s not new but just wanted to share one of my favourite TV clips… https://youtu.be/9jlaZL7CWHY
    Great episode. I love the recurring joke that Frank always knows a guy, no matter how obscure or outrageous the question. 'Frank, do you know someone who could get me cat contact lenses?' 'Yeah, I got a guy.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Definitely, I gave up a few episodes in but then went back and glad I did. 

The accents were too dodgy for me at first, but either the cast gets better or the quality of the stories negate them. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

100% great series, i was quite late too it so managed to binge all it as the last series came out. Highly recommend it!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Absolutely. Stick with it. Although personally I thought the last series was terrible. 
    Agreed, didn't enjoy the last series (except how it ended) but overall it's well in credit.
  • Options
    Manifest.

Very odd. Halfway through the 3rd season. Had a wobble during season 2 and not sure sticking with it was the right call  :#
  • Options
    Manifest.

Very odd. Halfway through the 3rd season. Had a wobble during season 2 and not sure sticking with it was the right call  :#
    I got as far as first 2 Eps then binned it. Utter tripe.
  • Options
    Manifest.

Same. The acting is shocking. 
  • Options
    Manifest.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm too invested now to drop it. 
  • Options
    Manifest.

I was like that with Blacklist. Loved the first couple of series then it just started getting more and more daft. 
    I think I gave up on it after series 4. I can't believe it's still going and can only imagine how ridiculous the storylines must be now?!?
  • Options
    Manifest.

I was like that with Blacklist. Loved the first couple of series then it just started getting more and more daft. 
    I think I gave up on it after series 4. I can't believe it's still going and can only imagine how ridiculous the storylines must be now?!?
    Haven't watched Blacklist, although it is on my to watch list so may have to review that now. Cheers.
  • Options
    Manifest.

Haven't watched Blacklist, although it is on my to watch list so may have to review that now. Cheers.
    Almost 200 episodes to catch up on n'all........that takes some commitment.