Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:
    I’m on a weeks leave from work so will catch up with Time on iPlayer. Some I’ve spoken to at work have said that it’s pretty authentic.
    Would that be a good or bad thing? Not sure I'd hate to see a really authentic or totally bollocks representation of my job more! But that's mainly because my job is crushingly dull and nobody understands it

A good thing. I’ve watched some prison dramas where it’s been obvious that the writer has had absolutely no clue about what life behind the walls is all about nor what the dynamic between officers and inmates is like. If anyone is going to make a drama about a subject then it really needs that realness about it for it to be any good imo.
    Watched the first two episodes of Time, and am loving it. I wonder what you thought of how realistic it was? 
    I think its very realistic, i know through people close too me. Actually probably a bit emotional in bits thinking of it and the people IRL who had to go through it 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I started Schitts Creek last week, watched like two episodes but not properly but been a bit busy, i know people rave about it but still need to get into it myself. 

BBC Iplayer/ BBC Three - High: A Confession of a drug Mule in Ibza, Documentary as it says on the tin binged a few episodes yesterday and its worth a watch and interesting. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:
    I’m on a weeks leave from work so will catch up with Time on iPlayer. Some I’ve spoken to at work have said that it’s pretty authentic.
    Would that be a good or bad thing? Not sure I'd hate to see a really authentic or totally bollocks representation of my job more! But that's mainly because my job is crushingly dull and nobody understands it

A good thing. I’ve watched some prison dramas where it’s been obvious that the writer has had absolutely no clue about what life behind the walls is all about nor what the dynamic between officers and inmates is like. If anyone is going to make a drama about a subject then it really needs that realness about it for it to be any good imo.
    Watched the first two episodes of Time, and am loving it. I wonder what you thought of how realistic it was? 
    I think its very realistic, i know through people close too me. Actually probably a bit emotional in bits thinking of it and the people IRL who had to go through it 
    Probably a bit too action packed as well, from talking to a mate who is a prison nurse. 99% of the day is spent sitting in the cell, but I guess that doesn't make great TV!
  • Options
    Did anyone catch The Watch?
    Being a massive Pratchett fan I hope it did it justice.

Is it only on iplayer? 
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed the quaintness of Whitstable Pearl on Prime. A six part cop and private investigator series, filmed and located, surprise surprise in Whitstable.
  • Options

Is it only on iplayer? 
    Just downloaded from BBC 2 via sky. Will view after football has finished.
  • Options

Is it only on iplayer? 
    Oooh fab, I should be able to do this, thank you 🙏🏻 
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed the quaintness of Whitstable Pearl on Prime. A six part cop and private investigator series, filmed and located, surprise surprise in Whitstable.
    I've read the first 2 books of the series, been meaning to sign up for Prime and watch the series.
  • Options
    Did you have to sign up for Acorn Tv to watch this?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yes, sorry should have said that. I took advantage of their prime day offer last month when you could purchase it for 99p instead of £5.99. Did the same for Starzplay as second series of Godfather of Harlee is on there. Great series. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ŶKBslittlesis said:

Is it only on iplayer? 
    Oooh fab, I should be able to do this, thank you 🙏🏻 
    Thanks for flagging this up, I hadn’t heard about this. Now downloaded
  • Options

Is it only on iplayer? 
    We enjoyed it, and we’ve read all his stuff. It’s not a direct lift from a book, although there were lots of familiar scenes. Given how hard it is to do a series where everyone has their own idea of what everything looks like, I think they did a god job.  
  • Options
    I started Schitts Creek last week, watched like two episodes but not properly but been a bit busy, i know people rave about it but still need to get into it myself. 
    I nearly binned it after the first couple of episodes but was persuaded to stick with it. So glad I did as it gets better and better! 
  • Options
    Rob & Romesh v team GB, brilliant, so funny.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    I nearly binned it after the first couple of episodes but was persuaded to stick with it. So glad I did as it gets better and better! 
    Likewise. Didn't get into it at all initially but decided to go with it and ended up loving it
  • Options
    War of the Worlds with Gabriel Byrne second series is on Disney Plus from Friday
  • Options
    Binged series 3 of Mayans MC today 

Excellent although, like with Sons of Anarchy, the language is ruthless and the violence pleasantly graphic and frequent yet they are afraid to show tits. If you watch it you will see what I mean, like the opposite of a gratuitous muff shot 
  • Options
    The only way is up - More 4- comedy series, not huge laughs but a bit silly and watchable. Easy binge, some bits do seem a bit over the top, 2nd series just coming out too

Killer Inside - The mind of Aaron Hernandez - Netflix 
    Highly recommend this, whether you like NFL or not, really interesting and also just crazy. No spoilers but if you like a good documentary give it a go. 

Sophie: A murder in West Cork - Netflix
    Another really good documentary/ crime, a bit shocking the end result. One to watch if you like your crime docs imo
  • Options
    Clarksons Farm was fantastic. 
    Laugh out loud moments throughout.
    You see a different side to him 100% too
  • Options
    Lie With Me.

1st episode on Ch5 last night. Truly atrocious.

Jeanine from Eastenders is in the lead role.

What was I thinking FFS?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bummer......watched the first season on FX (I think).

Can't be arsed with yet another subscription.
  • Options
    The only way is up - More 4- comedy series, not huge laughs but a bit silly and watchable. Easy binge, some bits do seem a bit over the top, 2nd series just coming out too

Highly recommend this, whether you like NFL or not, really interesting and also just crazy. No spoilers but if you like a good documentary give it a go. 

Another really good documentary/ crime, a bit shocking the end result. One to watch if you like your crime docs imo
    I have recently been followed on Twitter by a certain Mr Bailey 😳
  • Options

No way, he should be locked up in france. Mad the different laws means he can live a free life still. I hope you didn't follow him back, 110% guilty and has got away with it for over 25 years
  • Options
    He reminded me of a giant, menacing, narcissistic version of Keith Floyd.
  • Options

No way, he should be locked up in france. Mad the different laws means he can live a free life still. I hope you didn't follow him back, 110% guilty and has got away with it for over 25 years
    The man is a total narcissist & a pork pie short of a picnic.
    Do I think he did it? Watching him gallivant around the place ensuring we don’t ever forget him, I’m not sure he’s actually capable of not tripping up on himself. Therefore I don’t think he did.
    Interesting that Jules has finally booted him out, god knows where he’ll end up now 🤷‍♀️
  • Options

Do I think he did it? Watching him gallivant around the place ensuring we don’t ever forget him, I’m not sure he’s actually capable of not tripping up on himself. Therefore I don’t think he did.
    Interesting that Jules has finally booted him out, god knows where he’ll end up now 🤷‍♀️
    I think there is no doubt he has done it, drunken confessions and everything adding up. To me its pretty conclusive, but as you say its quite scary he goes around preaching and being a know it all, you would think he would trip up. He has enough times just they haven't got it to stick in Irish law, he could easily be bipolar the way his mood can change at an instant. The people who he confessed too are his supposed friends eg. the pub landlord. Maybe thats just my take but its just crazy he has been served to go to prison in France, but due to the differences in law he can just walk around without a care in the world. 

Excuse the spoilers anyone who was looking to watch it, i recommend you do. 
  • Options
    Finally got round to starting Band of Brothers (nothing like a bit of war and death to help me recover from Englands defeat). 3 episodes in and I can see why it's so highly rated, really enjoying it. 
    What a show that it.  I need to rewatch it, it's been a few years and it's a show that really stands up to a rewatch!
  • Options

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2021/07/08/ian-bailey-recovering-after-suspected-attention-overdose/
  • Options

I think there is no doubt he has done it, drunken confessions and everything adding up. To me its pretty conclusive, but as you say its quite scary he goes around preaching and being a know it all, you would think he would trip up. He has enough times just they haven't got it to stick in Irish law, he could easily be bipolar the way his mood can change at an instant. The people who he confessed too are his supposed friends eg. the pub landlord. Maybe thats just my take but its just crazy he has been served to go to prison in France, but due to the differences in law he can just walk around without a care in the world. 

Excuse the spoilers anyone who was looking to watch it, i recommend you do. 
    The DPP report is on the web if you want to read it.
    Nowhere near enough evidence to bring to trail.