Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Clarksons Farm was fantastic. 
    Laugh out loud moments throughout.
    You see a different side to him 100% too
    Love Caleb! I think he is a star in his own right now - can see him on I'm a Celebrity, which I don't normally watch but would do if he was in it.

Really enjoyed the Romesh and Rob episode with Andy Murray
  • Options
    Another one for Time. Thought it was brilliant. Stephen Graham is always faultless but thought Sean Bean was excellent in it. Certainly a bit against type of his tough guy characters.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Been watching 'The Romanoffs' on Amazon Prime .. 8 feature length stories, some interlinked, some stand alone, based on the loose premise that one of the protagonists is descended from the ill fated Russian aristocrats. Developed and produced by Matthew Weiner, the man behind Madmen and who had a hand in the Sopranos. The films are beautifully filmed and acted, quite slow and philosophical and not for those who like all action, blood n thunder. I really enjoy them .. the series was not a success it seems, Amazon declined to fund a second series.
  • Options
    Just finished first series of War of the Worlds and despite mixed reviews, I’ve really enjoyed it. Like the mixed dialogue. Would prefer to see a bit more alien, but perhaps I’ll get that in season 2.
  • Options
    Just watched all 4 series of Atypical on Netflix in a week. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Great news for those who, like myself, discovered the truly excellent 6 series of Bosch on Prime during lock down. The final series is released, again on Prime, next Friday (25th).

For those who haven't had the pleasure, it is about a rogue LA Cop. Really very very good.
    I’ve enjoyed all 6 series so far. Looking forward to the final season which I am going to enjoy over a few weeks. Can’t binge watch quality TV series like this. And I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s an outstanding, ground breaking show. You just know what you are getting, tab A fits into slot B as a well known film reviewer would say. 
  • Options
    Finished Tales From The Loop which I thoroughly  enjoyed. Rebecca Hall and Jonathan Pryce are excellent as well as the rest of the cast and some nice science fiction based stories. 
  • Options
    Just binged all of Ted Lasso.

American football coach who knows nothing about football is hired by a English Premier League team,  a lot was filmed at Palace which is a shame but once I got past that disappointment it was really good, it's on Apple TV.
  • Options
    JValleyGary said:
    Just finished first series of War of the Worlds and despite mixed reviews, I’ve really enjoyed it. Like the mixed dialogue. Would prefer to see a bit more alien, but perhaps I’ll get that in season 2.
    Same for me VG..have you got Disney plus to get the second series?
    Think it started last Friday. I’ll have to check

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    JValleyGary said:
    Same for me VG..have you got Disney plus to get the second series?
    Think it started last Friday. I’ll have to check

Yeah I’ve got Disney + so gonna start the second series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    2 series in and love it. 

The main kid is a fantastic actor. Cannot stand the mum though as a character.
  • Options
    Enjoying House of Lies, think ballers or suits but about management consulting. Total nonsense but really good half hour escapism with a strong cast. 
  • Options
    Just binged all of Ted Lasso.

American football coach who knows nothing about football is hired by a English Premier League team,  a lot was filmed at Palace which is a shame but once I got past that disappointment it was really good, it's on Apple TV.
    Been waiting for series 2 for a while. Starts on 23rd July. Jason Sudeikis makes the show for me, not sure I’d have watched past the first couple of episodes otherwise. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    In my pile, i watched the first 3 series and notice they have a new one. Quite a good watch, i enjoyed it
  • Options
    Just watched all 3 Uprising documentaries on iPlayer. 

Some incredible footage of a local tragedy and really brought back some childhood memories. 

Recommended. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Loved Clarkson’s Farm on Amazon Prime. Very well made with lovable characters and even JC comes across as a decent guy. Worth a watch even if you are not a JC fan.
    2nd series has just been given the green light too.
  • Options
    I just stumbled on the tv series Horace and Pete......if Charlton life was a downtown bar this could be it.
  • Options
    Just watched all 3 Uprising documentaries on iPlayer. 

Some incredible footage of a local tragedy and really brought back some childhood memories. 

Recommended. 
    Watched the first part - a fascinating watch.
  • Options
    I've just discovered Home Ground. Nobody else watched this footie -based drama? Well if not, here goes...

It's Norwegian, and the premise is, a female coach of a top women's team takes over at a small town men's team club that has made it to the Norwegian top tier. It stars Ane Dahl Torp whom you'll recognise if you watched Occupied, but I did a double take when I saw the second lead is John Carew, the ex Villa striker, more or less playing in character, but apparently making a decent new career as an actor. I'm only on S1 E2 but finding it very interesting, and seems it has been hugely successful in Norway. I'm watching it on the Aussie on - demand SBS, totally free with a VPN, but it looks like it is or has been on Prime. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds interesting. I find VPNs limit bandwidth enough to ruin the picture quality of streamed content - especially if the country is on the other side of the globe.
  • Options
    I've just discovered Home Ground. Nobody else watched this footie -based drama? Well if not, here goes...

It's Norwegian, and the premise is, a female coach of a top women's team takes over at a small town men's team club that has made it to the Norwegian top tier. It stars Ane Dahl Torp whom you'll recognise if you watched Occupied, but I did a double take when I saw the second lead is John Carew, the ex Villa striker, more or less playing in character, but apparently making a decent new career as an actor. I'm only on S1 E2 but finding it very interesting, and seems it has been hugely successful in Norway. I'm watching it on the Aussie on - demand SBS, totally free with a VPN, but it looks like it is or has been on Prime. 
    Can't find it on Prime unfortunately 
  • Options
    Sounds interesting. I find VPNs limit bandwidth enough to ruin the picture quality of streamed content - especially if the country is on the other side of the globe.
    Give it a test. I'm not sure it's always the fault of the VPN. Generally I have had excellent results since I discovered SBS a few weeks ago, whereas with All4 and especially iPlayer I get all sorts of hassle, probably linked to them trying to block VPNs. I think SBS is fairly chilled about it. It's full of great stuff of this type. They spring the ad-breaks on you, but I don't even mind them. You get a reminder that Woolies is alive and well there (but completely unrecognisable)

I've made a list  to watch, which I'll share as I try them.

One I started is Red Light, a Dutch/Belgian joint effort. I enjoyed Amsterdam Vice (which is also on there) but this is darker and more serious, might be tough going. 

It's all free, you just register an email address. 
  • Options

Cherie Lunghi joins the chat
  • Options
    Murder at the Cottage starts on Sky 20th June.

For those who listened to the West Cork podcast it may give another angle to the proceedings.
    Binged this today. Thought it was really good. 

Still not sure if I think he did it or not ?!? 🤔

He may be innocent, he could be guilty but I do know one thing - he’s one of the most arrogant pricks I’ve ever encountered.
    Oh yeah.......if he was on trial for being a double wanker, there is no court in the world that he wouldn't be convicted in.
    What about the Court of Guaranteed Successful Appeal for Double Wankers?
  • Options
    Did anyone catch The Watch?
    Being a massive Pratchett fan I hope it did it justice.

Is it only on iplayer? 
    Me, too. Didn’t even know they’d made this. That’s this afternoon sorted. 
  • Options
    The Watch got some horrible reviews from Pratchett fans.
  • Options
    I quite enjoyed the quaintness of Whitstable Pearl on Prime. A six part cop and private investigator series, filmed and located, surprise surprise in Whitstable.
    Quite a surprise, actually. The Blue Max, set on the Western Front, was filmed on Ms AA’s aunt’s farm near Leixlip. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Just read about the Never Mind The Buzzcocks reboot on Sky. Should be interesting.

Greg Davies hosting with team captains Noel Fielding and Daisy May Cooper. Recurring guest comedian Jamali Maddix.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Cherie Lunghi joins the chat
    That one’s gone over my head, but I’m sure I deserve it