Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Wilma said:
    Anyone watched Clarkson's Farm?

A really enjoyable and easy watch. Of course if you find Clarkson funny then it's a must watch.

If you need any more motivation to watch it, The Guardian gave it 1* so you know it's good.

it's on Amazon Prime so filmed in lovely 4K and HDR.
    Watched the first two episodes and found it very funny. Like Top Gear for farming. 
    You will enjoy the last episode when the "off road Bentley" makes an appearance in his fields.
  • Options
    Anyone watched Clarkson's Farm?

A really enjoyable and easy watch. Of course if you find Clarkson funny then it's a must watch.

If you need any more motivation to watch it, The Guardian gave it 1* so you know it's good.

it's on Amazon Prime so filmed in lovely 4K and HDR.
    Watched 3 episodes today.

The bloke he can’t understand is hilarious.
    Thats Gerald, how the hell does his wife manage to converse with him when she speaks she sounds normal.
    At the end of the last episode you can understand him, so I think there’s a bit of artistic license going on.

Brilliant series.
  • Options
    Binged The only way is up on E4/ catch up the other day. It was quite good but some of the irish humour was a bit silly and a bit much. Worth a watch tbf 30 minute episodes only 6 episodes, next series in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Watched Time in one hit yesterday. A very good series, with some great acting. 
    Watched it all last night, very good  ... thought Sean Bean was particularly good 
  • Options
    Prime has confirmed a Season 2 for Clarkson's farm, it's been a huge success.
  • Options
    It’s brilliant. Paints Clarkson in a completely different light too. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    It’s brilliant. Paints Clarkson in a completely different light too. 
    I'm really enjoying it, got a couple episodes left. Girlfriend loves it too. 

Gave me even more respect for my mate whose a farmer, seems like such hard work with such fine margins to turning any kind of profit. Thankfully he's dairy not sheep though ahha
  • Options
    New and VERY long (6 part) documentary/biography of Ernest Hemingway on the Beeb .. same US team which produced the insightful Vietnam war series a while back .. interesting but you probably need to be a fan of the man to stick with it, or even to start viewing
  • Options
    Extraordinary twins, is heart breaking it’s about conjoined twins. Some that have grown up without be separated and others who have been. Well worth a watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the end of Breeders, pretty sad.
  • Options
    Prime: Loved Clarkson's Farming thing. Top quality TV.

Netflix: Mare of Easttown is brilliant.
  • Options
    Binged watch the final series (7) of Bosch on Prime. Excellent as always. Great characters and well acted.
    We watched the first two last night and I found it really slow. Loved previous series but can't get into this one so far. 
    Now finished this. Got better but still my least favorite series (from what I remember as I watched the first few some time ago). Kind of glad it's the last series but also pleased they will be doing a spin off as I think it's the right path to follow. 
  • Options
    I watched the third season of True Detective, having been a big fan of the first two.

Sooooooo disappointed. 

The story goes nowhere. There is no climax, there's no resolution. The case itself is not that interesting. It's just a slow burn that fizzles out. Felt genuinely aggrieved by the nonsense ending.

It seems like the writer was intent on breaking some genre conventions this time but it frankly just did not work.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I watched the third season of True Detective, having been a big fan of the first two.

Sooooooo disappointed. 

The story goes nowhere. There is no climax, there's no resolution. The case itself is not that interesting. It's just a slow burn that fizzles out. Felt genuinely aggrieved by the nonsense ending.

It seems like the writer was intent on breaking some genre conventions this time but it frankly just did not work.

The first one was incredible. 

The second one was ok. 

The third one was utter shite. 
  • Options
    My god The Handmaids Tale just gets better and better.Elizabeth Moss is brilliant. And they get the music spot on every week. Last nights scene with Street Spirit by Radiohead playing was top drawer.
  • Options
    My god The Handmaids Tale just gets better and better.Elizabeth Moss is brilliant. And they get the music spot on every week. Last nights scene with Street Spirit by Radiohead playing was top drawer.
    Yeah, but Nina Kiri is no longer in it… gutted.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I’m on a weeks leave from work so will catch up with Time on iPlayer. Some I’ve spoken to at work have said that it’s pretty authentic.
    Would that be a good or bad thing? Not sure I'd hate to see a really authentic or totally bollocks representation of my job more! But that's mainly because my job is crushingly dull and nobody understands it

A good thing. I’ve watched some prison dramas where it’s been obvious that the writer has had absolutely no clue about what life behind the walls is all about nor what the dynamic between officers and inmates is like. If anyone is going to make a drama about a subject then it really needs that realness about it for it to be any good imo.
    Watched the first two episodes of Time, and am loving it. I wonder what you thought of how realistic it was? 
  • Options
    OK, not new, although a new series is due this year, but has anybody mentioned It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet? I'm on series seven. Oh, with the new series, the 15th, I believe it officially becomes the longest-running sitcom in history, which is bloody good going bearing in mind there's something to offend in virtually every episode. Like the child pageant episode I watched last night.
  • Options
    we are only about 5 episodes into series 1

finding it a bit meh to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:
    OK, not new, although a new series is due this year, but has anybody mentioned It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet? I'm on series seven. Oh, with the new series, the 15th, I believe it officially becomes the longest-running sitcom in history, which is bloody good going bearing in mind there's something to offend in virtually every episode. Like the child pageant episode I watched last night.
    Sunny's brilliant. Need to run through it all again. The newer series were a bit naff though compared
  • Options
    I think the absolutely classic episodes are the stage play (Obvious one. They even toured that live), the waterpark episode, and the second episode of the school reunion because of the George Michael Freedom scene, and the difference between how they they thought it sounded and how it actually sounded. Then there's the child pageant and Mac and Charlie getting trapped in the disused swimming pool.
  • Options
    I wish I could post up my favourite lines, but taken out of context, they just sound really offensive.
  • Options
    I’m currently on series 11. Have to say the earlier series are better as they were ‘more offensive’ but they’re all still great. 
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    I wish I could post up my favourite lines, but taken out of context, they just sound really offensive.
    Dennis' rant when the guy refers to his Range Rover as a 'starter car' is nothing short of iconic.
  • Options
    Just watched the end of Breeders, pretty sad.
    Really like what they did with this series. Started off as a quite generic but well written dysfunctional family/parenting comedy, and evolved it into a compelling and nuanced character study on abuse. Really uncomfortable at times, very funny at others.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    A show that has aged superbly. I wasn't hugely into it in the first series but they developed the characters excellently. Glad they moved away from Charlie being disgusting being basically his only trait except obsession with the waitress! I have put off finishing the 14th series until the newest one comes out as I don't want to run out.

Keep meaning to try AP Bio to see if it is any good (Glenn Howerton's newish series).
  • Options
    And let's not forget that Rob McElhenney, who created the show and plays Mac, put on all that weight, I mean a good two stone, in series seven, because he thought it would make his character funnier. And it is funny in the George Michael Freedom scene. Who does that in American sitcoms? Of course he lost it all again. And let's not also forget that McElhenney co-owns Wrexham.
  • Options
    I always liked the fact that the waitress Charlie's obsessed with is his real life wife.
  • Options
    Watching the first episode of Bosch season 7 and had to chuckle when J Edgar says he binge watched The Wire 😄