Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Channel 4 have taken the excellent Scandanavian series Before We Die and remade it in English. Be interesting to watch as the story line is excellent.
    I don't know the Scandinavian series but watched episode 1 of Before We Die last night.

Thought the story was pretty good but some of the acting was terrible, like Hollyoaks level bad. A shame because Channel 4 dramas are usually decent.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Is anyone else as massively disappointed with Series 4 of FARGO as I am? It's all style over substance. So dark and moodily shot that it's difficult to work out who's who. It's so in awe of its hip look that it's forgotten about the necessity of interesting characters and a good plot.
    Only watched the first three episodes but I'm enjoying it so far even though I agree with you that it is style over substance. I actually think the characters are fun even if they are a bit cliched. 
  • Options
    Channel 4 have taken the excellent Scandanavian series Before We Die and remade it in English. Be interesting to watch as the story line is excellent.
    I don't know the Scandinavian series but watched episode 1 of Before We Die last night.

Thought the story was pretty good but some of the acting was terrible, like Hollyoaks level bad. A shame because Channel 4 dramas are usually decent.
    I binned it before the end.Shocking acting........and appeared to be one of those stories that had one too many ridiculous coincidences to keep me interested.
  • Options
    2 series we have yet to tackle...The Wire and The Sopranos.

Could someone please give me a heads up where we can find the complete series of both. Thanks.
    The Sopranos is also on Sky Boxsets.

The best TV series ever, hands down!
    rubbish ending though
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    2 series we have yet to tackle...The Wire and The Sopranos.

Could someone please give me a heads up where we can find the complete series of both. Thanks.
    The Sopranos is also on Sky Boxsets.

The best TV series ever, hands down!
    rubbish ending though
    Agreed. There is no way that a bloke his size would have been able to jump out of the toilet window to escape from that restaurant.
  • Options
    Thought it was a good ending you can make what you want of it
  • Options
    New for me  .. just discovered 'Madmen' on Amazon, missed it first time around .. definitely a superior soap
  • Options
    I know it was derided on here a while ago, but I subscribed to Britbox a couple of weeks ago. I took the free trial at first and found it had so much more that I was interested in than Netflix, which I can't get rid of as my daughter is glued to it! Admittedly some of the stuff is available on ITV Hub, All 4 or iPlayer but it doesn't seem so difficllt to find a working VPN server and there are no ads. I used it to watch both series on Innocent this week and am catching up with several comedies.

Whether it's worth it in the UK I doubt but less than the cost of a couple of beers it's definitely worth it for me, based where I am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Breeders on Sky.  Watching before my contract expires. First Martin Freeman thing for a while without him doing a cringeworthy American accent. By the writers of Veep. Should be great but it’s leaving me cold. An excuse for the main actors to say “f****g” and “c**t” every other sentence. Doesn’t make it edgy I’m afraid. I’ll give episode 2 a go but I’m not hopeful. 
  • Options
    Breeders on Sky.  Watching before my contract expires. First Martin Freeman thing for a while without him doing a cringeworthy American accent. By the writers of Veep. Should be great but it’s leaving me cold. An excuse for the main actors to say “f****g” and “c**t” every other sentence. Doesn’t make it edgy I’m afraid. I’ll give episode 2 a go but I’m not hopeful. 
    Assume you’re watching Season 1? Just checking as Season 2 has just started. 

I love it by the way. 
  • Options
    Jesus titty fucking Christ. 

Am I the only one unlucky enough to be watching the Masked Dancer?

I’m watching it but hating it and myself. Just need to watch and get it done but happy for my mate (who made me watch and therefore get sucked into masked singer) to text me who people are to save me the misery. She text me the spoilers tonight which was a right result. 
  • Options
    Assume you’re watching Season 1? Just checking as Season 2 has just started. 

I love it by the way. 
    Yup. Hadn’t realised there had been a previous season. D’oh.  It may yet grow......
  • Options
    Speaking of Martin Freeman and awful American accents, I started watching Start Up on Netflix. Hadn’t seen it before, quite intriguing. But not only can he not play a bastard corrupt cop (woefully miscast) but his accent is also terrible. Bit of a double-whammy.
  • Options
    There was a scene where he takes his new female cop partner onto the roof and outlines all the drug wars going on in different communities. He then asked the woman, ‘What does it all mean?’ She says, ‘I don’t know,’ to which Freeman replies, ‘Neither do I.’ Now, if he’d asked me, I would have said, ‘Money. Power.’ Not, ‘I don’t know.’
  • Options
    Time. Strong first episode on BBC1 tonight. 
    Just watching episode 2 on iplayer. 

Could be a long night....
  • Options
    Jesus titty fucking Christ. 

Am I the only one unlucky enough to be watching the Masked Dancer?

What on gods green earth persuades anyone to watch the a show called "The Masked Dancer" in the first place?

Unless you suspected that all they would be wearing was a mask (and the broadcast time/channel was the give away that that wasn't happening).  ;)

Every single thing you need to know that it is a pile of shit are in the three word title...   
  • Options
    Time. Strong first episode on BBC1 tonight. 
    was looking forward to it as a great cast and generally like anything Stephen Graham is in, but couldn't get into it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone make it through The Pact

another poor offering 
  • Options
    I'm onto the final episode to watch tonight. Feels incredibly like an ITV drama as opposed to the usual BBC quality. Lots of plot holes and iffy acting and a weak story but I've sat through 5 episodes so may as well see it out. :D
  • Options
    Started watching Industry on iPlayer last night. It's about a group of graduates trying to get hired by a top London bank.
    Only one in but seems promising.

It's a kind of cross between the 80s show capital city and This life.
  • Options
    Started watching Industry on iPlayer last night. It's about a group of graduates trying to get hired by a top London bank.

Capital City was a truly dreadful series - I loved how bad it was.
  • Options

I watched it, but thought it was far fetched and not believable.
  • Options
    I'm onto the final episode to watch tonight. Feels incredibly like an ITV drama as opposed to the usual BBC quality. Lots of plot holes and iffy acting and a weak story but I've sat through 5 episodes so may as well see it out. :D
    We said exactly same thing re it being like an ITV drama. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    We said exactly same thing re it being like an ITV drama. 
    Yes, it started strongly and tapered off.
  • Options
    Just about to watch the final episode of Time. Not a huge ‘story’ but the casting is pretty good and it’s got a real feel to it. Stephen Graham is such a good actor.
  • Options
    Just about to watch the final episode of Time. Not a huge ‘story’ but the casting is pretty good and it’s got a real feel to it. Stephen Graham is such a good actor.
    Just watched the first part - acting really good and very atmospheric.
  • Options
    Just watched the first part - acting really good and very atmospheric.
    I finished it. Acting was great and I could see how they were trying to show different angles of the prison system. Just didn’t have a ‘story’ that will live in the memory. Worth finishing tho mate.