Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Really enjoyed The Nest. 

Emotional thriller, unusual story line of surrogacy. Five parts, on iplayer. (Starring Steve Arnott from line of duty).

• Options
    The Hunter on All 4 depicting the true story of the Anti Mafia capturing main mafia leaders in Palermo is a good watch. On Prime you can get a free 7 day pass for Arrow, so finally getting round to watching Gomorrah.
  • Options
    The first couple of seasons of Motherland were really good but their recent Christmas special was one of the least funny 'comedies' I've watched for a while. 
    I take it you were busy over Christmas?
    I outsourced all that nonsense years ago. 
  • Options
    Watchmen, the TV show, not the film.  Late to this.  Doesn't have an awful lot to do with the comics by Moore and Gibbons but as a policier it stands up.  I'm half-way through season 1 and hoping season 2 keeps up the standard.
  • Options
    Just finished the 5 episode limited series Halston about the American fashion designer starring Ewan McGregor. Usually I'm not interested in this subject and I had never heard of Halston. But seeing as Bill Pullman - I'm a big fan - is in it I gave it a try. So glad I did. It's a very entertaining series with quite a few funny lines and a touching ending. Well worth watching. 
  • Options
    Mare of Easttown on Now TV. Pretty good imo
  • Options
    I've been looking forward to this one since I watched the trailer. I don't like waiting for episodes between weeks so I'm going to binge it when the whole series finishes airing😀
  • Options
    I finished off The Spy on Netflix. Thought it was average, good enough to keep my attention and a good story but I wasn't sure about some of the acting. I struggled to not see Borat in Sacha Baron Cohen, he uses very very similar mannerisms. Also Noah Emmerichs accent was terrible the whole way through.

Now watching Band of Brothers. Have never wanted to watch it before as even though there are definitely exceptions, I've not really liked anything WW2/WW1 related (Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, 1917) and honestly thought Band of Brothers looked like it'd be boring but how wrong I was. Think it's incredible, certainly up there with my favourites and can see myself watching every episode a few times.

Jessie said:
    I've been looking forward to this one since I watched the trailer. I don't like waiting for episodes between weeks so I'm going to binge it when the whole series finishes airing😀
    I completely agree and wish I'd waited. I rattled through the first couple but not too fussed about it now that I can't binge watch the rest.
  • Options
    Watchmen, the TV show, not the film.  Late to this.  Doesn't have an awful lot to do with the comics by Moore and Gibbons but as a policier it stands up.  I'm half-way through season 1 and hoping season 2 keeps up the standard.
    I thought it was brillliant but AFAIK there's no prospect of a second season. 
  • Options
    Inside No 9 was good tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jints said:
    I thought it was brillliant but AFAIK there's no prospect of a second season
    I think you're right.  I'd seen headlines about it but hadn't read the articles.  Having done so, I can see they're all of the "isn't going to happen" variety.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Anyone give 'The Pact' a go last night? Easy watcher, 6 episodes so undoubtedly will get dragged in. Hilariously stupid plot moments - drunk boss at a party, bundle him into the boot of a car and leave him sat in a freezing cold woods for a 'prank'. What could go wrong...entertaining enough though. Thought the acting was half decent in fairness, but woke brigade BBC stampmark all over it. Main characters all females, arsehole male boss displaying every stereotypical negative male trait (sexist, rude, druggy etc) and the chief copper for a show set in Wales...no comment. 

What amazed me the most was one of the lead 4 ladies was in Breaking Bad. Didn't place her at all.

On the how often did I check my phone for footy scores scale, it was an every 10 min update job
  • Options
    Watched the whodunnit on the other side (ITV) last night 'Innocent'. Quite promising first episode with strong performances all round. Made by the Unforgotten team so good pedigree. The lead Katherine Kelly is particularly good and has the kind of facial features which appear drab and worn out in one shot and very alluring in the next. 
  • Options
    Anyone give 'The Pact' a go last night? Easy watcher, 6 episodes so undoubtedly will get dragged in. Hilariously stupid plot moments - drunk boss at a party, bundle him into the boot of a car and leave him sat in a freezing cold woods for a 'prank'. What could go wrong...entertaining enough though. Thought the acting was half decent in fairness, but woke brigade BBC stampmark all over it. Main characters all females, arsehole male boss displaying every stereotypical negative male trait (sexist, rude, druggy etc) and the chief copper for a show set in Wales...no comment. 

What amazed me the most was one of the lead 4 ladies was in Breaking Bad. Didn't place her at all.

On the how often did I check my phone for footy scores scale, it was an every 10 min update job
    Underlings are female and boss is male.  Not sure what 'woke' stamp mark that is.
  • Options
    Finished it.  Glad to see it tied in a lot more with the Moore/Gibbons work and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Had a nice cliffhanger of an ending, too.

Jeremy Irons was very impressive but then he does have serious acting chops.
  • Options
    Watched the whodunnit on the other side (ITV) last night 'Innocent'. Quite promising first episode with strong performances all round. Made by the Unforgotten team so good pedigree. The lead Katherine Kelly is particularly good and has the kind of facial features which appear drab and worn out in one shot and very alluring in the next. 
     What is it with ITV dramas? They start so promisingly and then halfway through go completely tits up.
    This was another example. There are countless more.
  • Options
     What is it with ITV dramas? They start so promisingly and then halfway through go completely tits up.
    This was another example. There are countless more.
    Utterly predictable - me, the wife and even the mother in law, all called it after first episode

Still, as long as I have memories of The Drowning this is nowhere near the worst ITV drama of recent times

• Options
    anybody watched Start-up on Netflix? I've just done the first episode - sex, murder and financial crime
  • Options
    The Subnormal documentary shown on BBC last night was utterly shocking - so many black children let down in the education system. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    anybody watched Start-up on Netflix? I've just done the first episode - sex, murder and financial crime
    Started it this week after a mate had recommended it. First season done. Personal opinion is its watchable without being great. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This weeks Inside Number 9 was a return to form.

Only just started Mare of Easttown, bnged the first 5 episodes and now wishing I had waited for the whole series to be available.

Have also binged the whole of the new season of Fargo. I am hugely biased towards the Cohen brothers and while season 3 and this one didn't come close to season 1 and 2 it was still good viewing. Chris Rock (who I am not a fan of in any way shape or form) was very good.
  • Options
    Really like series 2 of ‘Meet the Richardsons’ on Dave. Whole series worth it for the moment he tries to give a letter to his idol Marcelo Bielsa
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I really enjoyed Seasons 1-2 (was originally on Amazon Prime), but wasn't fussed about Season 3. 
  • Options
    Friends, if you have a VPN you might want to check out what the Australian broadcaster SBS has to offer. For ages I've been doing my nut trying to get series 5 of the brilliant French spy series Le Bureau, ready to pay (but not to take out a subscription), but not even finding it on the darkweb. Finally I read an article which led me to SBS ON Demand. I assumed it would ask me to pay, and then maybe turn down my foreign card, but it's totally free. Give 'em an email address to confirm and yer good to go, Aussie. Stream on the VPN is 100% too, which I can't say for iPlayer or All4. I haven't even looked at what else they have yet, but if they bought the Bureau, they've got taste!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I really enjoyed Seasons 1-2 (was originally on Amazon Prime), but wasn't fussed about Season 3. 
    Still all on Prime (seasons 1-3)
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:
    The original Korean version is on Netflix... 
  • Options
    Is anyone else as massively disappointed with Series 4 of FARGO as I am? It's all style over substance. So dark and moodily shot that it's difficult to work out who's who. It's so in awe of its hip look that it's forgotten about the necessity of interesting characters and a good plot.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Is anyone else as massively disappointed with Series 4 of FARGO as I am? It's all style over substance. So dark and moodily shot that it's difficult to work out who's who. It's so in awe of its hip look that it's forgotten about the necessity of interesting characters and a good plot.
    I have them recorded but haven't started it yet. I had heard this season was the weakest so far. A shame as the first 2 seasons were brilliant and even the last one was good.
  • Options

Binged it yesterday.  Quite enjoyed it.  Very easy to watch whilst fiddling on here etc.  I know BBC isn't supposed to do advertising or product placement, but was anyone else struck by hoe many times the characters "we'll get an Uber!"   Maybe I'm on too much medication.
  • Options
    Channel 4 have taken the excellent Scandanavian series Before We Die and remade it in English. Be interesting to watch as the story line is excellent.