Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just started season 3 of "Dark" on Netflix. German time-travel thriler. Absolute not a scooby what is going on but I'm enjoying it.
    Best thing I've seen on Netflix. So good
  • Options
    Not sure if its been mentioned on here but Call my Agent on Netflix is highly recommended. Very funny, well observed. French with sub-titles.

We're up to the end of season 3. Holding off on Season 4 (the most recent) for a while to enjoy the anticipation a bit longer - it's that good.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Not sure if its been mentioned on here but Call my Agent on Netflix is highly recommended. Very funny, well observed. French with sub-titles.

We're up to the end of season 3. Holding off on Season 4 (the most recent) for a while to enjoy the anticipation a bit longer - it's that good.
    Have been meaning to watch this.
  • Options
    Just started season 3 of "Dark" on Netflix. German time-travel thriler. Absolute not a scooby what is going on but I'm enjoying it.
    Best thing I've seen on Netflix. So good
    Just watched first couple of episodes. V good so far.
  • Options
    Watched the last viewpoint on itv hub...didn’t see that ending coming 
  • Options
    My all time favourite.

I found it quite helpful to read episode reviews as they tend to answer (and ask) questions about each episode.

• Options
    I can't see Viewpoint on the ITV hub now. 
  • Options
    I can't see Viewpoint on the ITV hub now. 
    They were taking it off after last night (I’ve really no idea why tbh)
  • Options
    To be honest I don't think ITV wanted to put Viewpoint on the Hub at all but viewers were quite rightly frustrated at missing the 5th and final episode so they agreed to put it on over the weekend. I wish I had missed it all to be honest, pretty shite. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I should be allowed to see the last episode of Viewpoint having seen Gary Glitter's Xmas show & having one Michael Jackson album.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mare of Easttown

Hasn't got an original bone in its body but I still enjoyed it for the acting and the complicated family relationships.
  • Options
    The Irregulars

A pile of poo from Netflix.  Dreadful script and nice, middle class young things playing filthy ragamuffins in Victorian London.  The irony of one of them accusing another of hating posh people.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Any news about Top Boy? I think that was due for release soon.
    Still think it's a way off unfortunately, one of the many shows affected by Covid. Don't think it will happen until next year now. 
    Good friend of mine is a cinematographer, currently out in Spain for 2 months filming Season 4. Wont be on screen for a little while yet
  • Options
    Mare of Easttown

Hasn't got an original bone in its body but I still enjoyed it for the acting and the complicated family relationships.
    Was far too slow for me.
  • Options
    Mare of Easttown

Yup......really enjoying this.

Winslett is a very good actor.
  • Options
    sure its been mentioned but i'm enjoying 'The Hunter' on Channel 4. Half way through the first series so far. 

Italian Mafiosi/police drama. based in the early/mid 90s Palermo. 
  • Options
    Mare of Easttown

Started this yesterday and watched 1 and 2 - was tempted to stay up a bit later to watch ep 3, but will be itching to watch it tonight after the match. There is something very obvious about it, and i've already called it on a few of the characters as well dodgy, reminds me of sharp objects in a way. intrigued. mainly why Mike from Neighbours is there. is he producing it and written himself in to the story for the fun of it? or is he the baddie? 
  • Options
    Mare of Easttown

Started this yesterday and watched 1 and 2 - was tempted to stay up a bit later to watch ep 3, but will be itching to watch it tonight after the match. There is something very obvious about it, and i've already called it on a few of the characters as well dodgy, reminds me of sharp objects in a way. intrigued. mainly why Mike from Neighbours is there. is he producing it and written himself in to the story for the fun of it? or is he the baddie? 
    Yeah - has that similar feel to Sharp Objects where everyone knows everyone's business.......although this is a far less affluent locale. I watched ep 3 last night.........
  • Options
    Finished Defending Jacob which was really good, haven't seen it discussed much but would definitely recommend it.

Started Mare of Easttown as well and itching to watch episode 3 tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Friday night dinner, i didn't really get into it when it was on the TV, or wasn't really drawn in. But i binged it last year and found it very easy to watch and enjoyed it. On Netflix

FND...seconded!

I've just binged al six series Loved it; Martin and Jim could be two of the great comedy characters of recent years.

So, what next? Anything else with similar humour? Thinking of Peep Show as the writer was involved.
    Been bingeing FND recently. Like many others on here, I’m finding it pretty amusing and Martin is by far the funniest character. It’s making me a little sad to watch the outstanding Paul Ritter with the knowledge that he’s no longer with us. 
    On a lighter note, I don’t know if it’s common knowledge, but I was very surprised to discover that the guy playing Jonny is Jim Rosenthal’s boy.
    Although, once you know that, you can really see his old man in him. I think it’s the nose! 😂
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Friday night dinner, i didn't really get into it when it was on the TV, or wasn't really drawn in. But i binged it last year and found it very easy to watch and enjoyed it. On Netflix

FND...seconded!

I've just binged al six series Loved it; Martin and Jim could be two of the great comedy characters of recent years.

So, what next? Anything else with similar humour? Thinking of Peep Show as the writer was involved.
    Been bingeing FND recently. Like many others on here, I’m finding it pretty amusing and Martin is by far the funniest character. It’s making me a little sad to watch the outstanding Paul Ritter with the knowledge that he’s no longer with us. 
    On a lighter note, I don’t know if it’s common knowledge, but I was very surprised to discover that the guy playing Jonny is Jim Rosenthal’s boy.
    Although, once you know that, you can really see his old man in him. I think it’s the nose! 😂
    Completely agree, I'd not put two & two together and once I saw it somewhere I couldn't work out how I'd not connected the two Rosenthals, definitely a resemblance.

Jim Rosenthal shared a photo of them both with Paul Ritter after he died with a nice message about Tom's 'two Dads'.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Gods of Snooker BBC (iplayer)

Fascinating series on the history of Snooker - recommended. Covers all the great players from the 1970s onwards.

Some great film of Alex Higgins.
  • Options
    New series of Inside No.9 coming soon on BBC2.
    So what did everyone think?

Quick look at Twitter suggests it was a real love it or hate it episode.
    predominantly decided by if you understood most of the references or not.

I enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching it again to catch the bits I missed first time.
  • Options
    Not the strongest episode - felt a bit Zanzibar but not quite as good, but still some brilliant gags (Mirandaing, "Let him have it, are you sure?", and the whole Genoa? Alaska? bit, off the top of my head).
  • Options
    First of a new series of motherland. Appeals to a certain demographic that I reside well within... But a funny episode
  • Options
    Also I agree on the rewatch, suspect there were so many little gags and film references I missed.
  • Options
    Not the strongest episode - felt a bit Zanzibar but not quite as good, but still some brilliant gags (Mirandaing, "Let him have it, are you sure?", and the whole Genoa? Alaska? bit, off the top of my head).
    There goes my trail with Crystal Palace, I’m sure millwall will take you.
  • Options
    Just started watching The Flight Attendant 

not sure if I like it or not 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just started watching The Flight Attendant 

not sure if I like it or not 
    There’s one reason to keep watching!