Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just finished Stay Close, the latest Harlan Coben 8 part series on Netflix. Contains James Nesbitt, Jo Joyner, Richard Armitage and Sarah Parish. I wasn't convinced by the main female character. A good watch imo.

I also enjoyed the film Don't Look Up and Death to 2021.
  • Just finished Stay Close, the latest Harlan Coben 8 part series on Netflix. Contains James Nesbitt, Jo Joyner, Richard Armitage and Sarah Parish. I wasn't convinced by the main female character. A good watch imo.

We're halfway through Stay Close & enjoying it so far.
  • Just seen the first episode of The Tourist; looks promising and I like tone of the humour
    Just watched the first part on iplayer - really enjoyed it. Interesting storyline. Jamie Dornan very good 
  • Yeah just watched the first part of the tourist. Quite intriguing. Watching a couple more in a bit
  • Binge watched the rest of The Tourist - I really enjoyed the story and there were some great characters.

Midway through and very much enjoying it, as I did with the other Harlan Coben book adaptations - The Stranger, Safe and The Five.

However, I’m not liking the Barbie and Ken Characters.
    They’re a bit OTT 😬

Midway through and very much enjoying it, as I did with the other Harlan Coben book adaptations - The Stranger, Safe and The Five.

They’re a bit OTT 😬
    Lol .

That's what Mr F called them !

They’re a bit OTT 😬
    Lol .

That's what Mr F called them !
    Mr F sounds like a wise man 😁
  • New Toast (of Tinseltown) tomorrow at 10pm on BBC2. 
  • Also binged watched The Tourist. Really liked it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 episodes into the Tourist, intriguing but not blown away so far
  • Currently taking a bowel movement break from the new series of Cobra Kai. Like all the others its a lot of fun, definitely doesn't take itself too seriously and gets the nostalgia all right 
  • New Toast (of Tinseltown) tomorrow at 10pm on BBC2. 
    This is excellent news. Had no idea they were doing this.
    Such a splendidly silly program.

• Mr & Mrs SB having a quiet afternoon/evening working our way through Around the World in 80 days.  On episode 4.  Mildly entertaining but not sure it’s doing an awful lot for me. Not terrible by any means but can’t quite get much empathy up for any of the characters. 
  • Mr & Mrs SB having a quiet afternoon/evening working our way through Around the World in 80 days.  On episode 4.  Mildly entertaining but not sure it’s doing an awful lot for me. Not terrible by any means but can’t quite get much empathy up for any of the characters. 
    I’ve watched the first couple and they’re ok, a bit slow, not sure how many episodes there are. As it’s only on day 2 or 3, so if it’s only 5 or 6, it’s going to be rushed at the end.
    I’ve watched the first couple and they’re ok, a bit slow, not sure how many episodes there are. As it’s only on day 2 or 3, so if it’s only 5 or 6, it’s going to be rushed at the end.
    8 I think, haven't got a chance to watch it yet.
  • Carter said:
    Currently taking a bowel movement break from the new series of Cobra Kai. Like all the others its a lot of fun, definitely doesn't take itself too seriously and gets the nostalgia all right 
    I feel like a right idiot watching it as I usually have a big smile of my face. Its so OTT but as you say they seem to get it just right. Having Terry Silver back was brilliant
  • 2 episodes into the Tourist, intriguing but not blown away so far
    Just finished watching episode 3, worth sticking with it. 
  • Watched all 3 episodes of Four Lives. 
    A tough watch seeing the complete negligence of the police force. And a slap in the face at the end to top it off. 

RIP to the victims who deserved so much better. 
  • Watched the first episode of The Tourist and I like the plot, even though the American bloke seems a cheesy villain in the making. 

Is it worth carrying on? Sick and tired on BBC and ITV bringing out dramas only to be totally let down in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the first episode of The Tourist and I like the plot, even though the American bloke seems a cheesy villain in the making. 

Is it worth carrying on? Sick and tired on BBC and ITV bringing out dramas only to be totally let down in the end.
    I really enjoyed it.
  • Nearly finished Maid. Really didn't think it was my sort of thing but it's really good.
    The lead actress is excellent but Andy Macdowell as her eccentric bi-polar mum really steals the show.

I really enjoyed it.
    I'm only up to Ep3 but still enjoying it and looking forward to seeing where it goes. Got some quirky characters in that I like. 
  • Nearly finished Maid. Really didn't think it was my sort of thing but it's really good.
    The lead actress is excellent but Andy Macdowell as her eccentric bi-polar mum really steals the show.
    It’s awesome

I really enjoyed it.
    I'm only up to Ep3 but still enjoying it and looking forward to seeing where it goes. Got some quirky characters in that I like. 
    I thought the acting was really good and loved the characters - binge watched the last 4 episodes. 
  • edited January 2022
  • Carter said:
    Book of Boba Fett has just sated my appetite for all things star wars related that Disney plus can throw at me 

Really love the way they have expanded the universe in this and especially the Mandalorian 
     Thought the first episode was a bit slow and I'm not sure about the lead actor

Watched it over the last two nights, very good 
    Really is excellent. It wasn’t until I finished the series that I discovered that the lead actress is Macdowell’s real life daughter !