Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Jessie said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just binged season 1 and 2 of Narcos Mexico, thanks to a recommendation on here. 

What a stunningly intelligent piece of television. Faultless.

Anyone seen season 3? Obviously one of the main characters missing! 
    Have got 2 episodes left, that I'll be watching later this evening. One of my favourite series that I've watched.
    Does season 3 live up to the other two?
    I just finished season 3 this past weekend and already started to miss it badly😂. It's not as great as the first two seasons but as a huge fan of the whole Narcos franchise I still really enjoyed it. Have you watched the original Narcos series which is about the Colombian cartels? It's more intense and faster-paced than the Mexico spinoff. 

I'm now watching Zero Zero Zero which also focuses on Mexican drug dealers plus American and Italian ones. I actually watched two episodes when it was just released in 2019 but didn't get around to watching the rest of it. It's really great. 

Has anyone watched El Chapo the other series produced by Netflix? Obviously it can't compete with Narcos when it comes to budgets but I think I'll give it a try when I finish Zero Zero Zero. 
    El Chapo is excellent. You will enjoy it. 
    Thanks @bolloxbolder I just finished two seasons of El Chapo and currently on season three episode three. It's one of THE best shows I've watched this year. I think it's more accurate and more in depth than Narcos. It feels more real. Much as I like Narcos, I probably like El Chapo even more. What am I going to watch after Narcos, Zero Zero Zero and El Chapo?  Nothing is as exciting/entertaining/realistic as these shows😂
  • @Jessie glad you liked it. If you like rogue cops can I recommend Bosch on Amazon Prime. Really very good plus a great relationship with his daughter and his work partner. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just started season 1 of You on Netflix 
    I gave up on that after just one or two episodes.

Doesn't he chain up someone at his workplace in the basement or something?
    I remember finding that daft .
  • Last 5 final episodes of Money Heist are now on Netflix
    Watched all episodes so far but have lost interest as feel it is just more of the same. Not sure I'm even bothered how it ends
    I felt like this after episode 2 of season 1.My wife enjoyed it but I thought it was utter tosh.
    Agree. My wife and I stuck it out until the final episode of the first series even though we bitched about how utter tosh it was after each episode .

It astounds me how many popular series have characters and situations (supposed to be set in the real world) that are so completely unrealistic.  To name only one in Money Heist: a dedicated, determined, professional inspector who is suddenly called to work long days in the biggest case in her career manages to fall head over heels in love with a stranger from a bar in a 24 hour period to the extent that she agrees to go and live in another country with him. The fact that he is organising the heist itself is irrelevant to how much of a nonsense it is.
  • Just finished Maid on Netflix. Very good. Excellently acted and shot with the beautiful backdrop of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. A very real feeling portrayal of how hard it can be to escape poverty and how utterly inadequate the "system" can be at times.
    I'm 3/4 of the way through Maid. It's surprisingly good.

To counter my previous posts, this series is excellent. Finding a series like this with characters who act like real people and reflect real society makes it a treasure amongst the trash. I was close to closing my Netflix account until I found this.

• Walking with Jim Muir was interesting as he walked past a couple of places I didn’t know existed but are right on the doorstep. Plus he went to Dungeness, one of my favourite places for some reason.
    David o Doherty cycled there in the first ep. 

Went to Dungeness for the first time between Xmas and new year last year. Loved it so may do the same again this year. 
    Did you have a hot chocolate?
    No. ‘‘Twas lockdown and everything shut. 
    Seriously, there's no lockdown in England right now is there?
  • @Jessie glad you liked it. If you like rogue cops can I recommend Bosch on Amazon Prime. Really very good plus a great relationship with his daughter and his work partner. 
    Thank you. I watched the first season a few years ago after having watched The Killing. It was good. Maybe a bit slower than what I've been watching recently🤣 I'll have a look again when I finish El Chapo. 
  • Half way through the Witcher Season 2. It’s good but not the easiest to follow. Another series I find better if you read online episode reviews.
  • Half way through the Witcher Season 2. It’s good but not the easiest to follow. Another series I find better if you read online episode reviews.
    I cant seem to get into it yet, think around 3 episodes in possibly. I went from Wheel of Time on Amazon to that and although similar it isn't quite grabbing me in yet. A side note, i really liked Wheel of time. 
  • Walking with Jim Muir was interesting as he walked past a couple of places I didn’t know existed but are right on the doorstep. Plus he went to Dungeness, one of my favourite places for some reason.
    David o Doherty cycled there in the first ep. 

Went to Dungeness for the first time between Xmas and new year last year. Loved it so may do the same again this year. 
    Did you have a hot chocolate?
    No. ‘‘Twas lockdown and everything shut. 
    Seriously, there's no lockdown in England right now is there?
    not now, but last christmas there was, which is when i went. 
  • Sponsored links:

Is it only the 8 available episodes in this season or are more expected?
    Is it only the 8 available episodes in this season or are more expected?
    Just 8 episodes. I've finished it and enjoyed it though I thought it lacked some action in the first probably half a season to drive the episodes on.

There is a prequel show/series coming in 2022 I think as well as the animated thing released earlier in the year to give Vesemir and the Witchers more background
  • I finished season 2 of the witcher last night. 

At least in the main the timeline wasn't jumping all over the place this season. Disappointed Anya Chalotra kept her clothes on this time round as well, she is all woman that one, not only that, her more explicit scenes had a purpose to them. 

Wheel of time was decent, Game of thrones it most certainly is not. Looking forward to the Lord of the rings series finally landing 
  • Finished watching A Very British Scandal on Iplayer - a truly vile set of characters. Claire Foy is superb as the Duchess of Argyll.
    Binge watched it with my Mrs off the back of this. Cheers! Thought it was compelling viewing and hated both of them by the end of the three parter. Both despicable individuals, who you would never hope to meet. No moral compass to be seen…
  • Finished watching A Very British Scandal on Iplayer - a truly vile set of characters. Claire Foy is superb as the Duchess of Argyll.
    Watched it last night … she is excellent as always. Paul Bettany also good as is his norm. 
  • In to season 2, episode 3, of Snowpiercer. Quite enjoying it. Season 3 due out on 24th January.
    Binge watched it with my Mrs off the back of this. Cheers! Thought it was compelling viewing and hated both of them by the end of the three parter. Both despicable individuals, who you would never hope to meet. No moral compass to be seen…
    Showing the British upper class at their worst - it was a compelling watch.
  • Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just binged season 1 and 2 of Narcos Mexico, thanks to a recommendation on here. 

Have got 2 episodes left, that I'll be watching later this evening. One of my favourite series that I've watched.
    I just finished season 3 this past weekend and already started to miss it badly😂. It's not as great as the first two seasons but as a huge fan of the whole Narcos franchise I still really enjoyed it. Have you watched the original Narcos series which is about the Colombian cartels? It's more intense and faster-paced than the Mexico spinoff. 

I'm now watching Zero Zero Zero which also focuses on Mexican drug dealers plus American and Italian ones. I actually watched two episodes when it was just released in 2019 but didn't get around to watching the rest of it. It's really great. 

Has anyone watched El Chapo the other series produced by Netflix? Obviously it can't compete with Narcos when it comes to budgets but I think I'll give it a try when I finish Zero Zero Zero. 
    Thanks @bolloxbolder I just finished two seasons of El Chapo and currently on season three episode three. It's one of THE best shows I've watched this year. I think it's more accurate and more in depth than Narcos. It feels more real. Much as I like Narcos, I probably like El Chapo even more. What am I going to watch after Narcos, Zero Zero Zero and El Chapo?  Nothing is as exciting/entertaining/realistic as these shows😂
    Have you watched Gomorrah?
  • Jints said:
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

Have you watched Gomorrah?
    Thanks! I just binged all the rest of El Chapo today and plan to start watching Gomorrah soon. I know it has quite a few fans on here and have already recommended it to my parents - they finished watching El Chapo earlier this week and are currently on season two of Gomorrah already... They said it's not as great/complicated as Narcos/El Chapo but still seem to be quite enjoying it! Hopefully it will get better with each season.
  • Just seen the first episode of The Tourist; looks promising and I like tone of the humour
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank you to the person that give the heads up on 1883. First three episodes have been superb. 
  • edited January 2022
    McBobbin said:
    Anyone seen death to 2021 (I've only just seen death to 2020!) On Netflix? Basically Charlie Brookers end of year screenwipe with an actual budget. Very funny 
    Thanks for making me aware of this. I thought it was very good. Not as good as Wipe (for me, at least because I miss Charlie Brooker himself) but still very funny. I particularly liked some of the new characters: Pyrex Flask is a cracker and the Hugh Grant character is just perfect.
  • Stig said:
    McBobbin said:
    Anyone seen death to 2021 (I've only just seen death to 2020!) On Netflix? Basically Charlie Brookers end of year screenwipe with an actual budget. Very funny 
    Thanks for making me aware of this. I thought it was very good. Not as good as Wipe (for me, at least because I miss Charlie Brooker himself) but still very funny. I particularly liked some of the new characters: Pyrex Flask is a cracker and the Hugh Grant character is just perfect.
    I was hoping for a cameo from Barry Shitpeas. 
  • Thank you to the person that give the heads up on 1883. First three episodes have been superb. 
    That was me. Good innit.
    Have you watched Yellowstone?
    That was me. Good innit.
    Have you watched Yellowstone?
    Cheers, really enjoying it. I haven’t no, but I don’t think it’s necessary. All I know is that the Dutton family are wealthy and own ranches in Yellowstone, so they must have made the journey!
  • What are Yellowstone and 1883 about?

need to watch one to understand the other ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    What are Yellowstone and 1883 about?

Yellowstone is about a rich family of ranchers in the US. It’s set now, I haven’t seen it, but it’s fairly popular in America. 1883 is the prequel of that, when the family first moved from Texas to Nebraska/Oregon etc. They moved in a wagon with hundreds of German immigrants and fought disease, the natives etc. MTV have given them a huge budget for 1883 and so far from the 3 episodes Ive seen, it’s been well spent.
  • Thanks - will add to the list. 
  • MrOneLung said:

What TV channel are these programmed on?
  • MrOneLung said:

What TV channel are these programmed on?
     Not 100% sure it's available on UK mainstream yet?
    Think it's on Paramount if anywhere?