Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Oh and off the back of being disappointed that it didn’t live up to the hype, ain’t no way I’m wasting any more seconds on Schitts Creek!
    Think like with some shows it takes time to be invested in the characters etc, well worth it imo.
  • Options
    One Day on Netflix - based on a famous book that I have never heard of

very watchable - we saw all 14 episodes over 3 or 4 nights
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Oh and off the back of being disappointed that it didn’t live up to the hype, ain’t no way I’m wasting any more seconds on Schitts Creek!
    Think like with some shows it takes time to be invested in the characters etc, well worth it imo.
    Yea once you get into it it's funny as loved it
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Glovepup said:
    Yea once you get into it it's funny as loved it
    But I can’t stand any of them and don’t find it remotely funny 🤷‍♀️🙄
  • Options
    If you like Lupin then Furies on Netflix is not a bad watch.
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Watched the first Episode of Shogun (DisneyPlus) yesterday.

Ten Episodes being released on a weekly basis, three already released.

Looks great viewing, mixture of Japanese (with subtitles), and English (which is supposed to be Portuguese) - Always liked Hiroyuki Sanada since seeing him in the Last Samurai.

Really agree with the comment on the last Page about Blackthorne sounding like a modern day Richard Burton - His voice sounds so perfect for the role, not sure why.
  • Options
    The Gentlemen on Netflix, started with a bang. 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Just watched the first two Episodes... Very good so far
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Just watched the first two Episodes... Very good so far
    I’ve binged it and just finished. Solid show, although I preferred the film. 7/10

Anyone watched the Sexy beast prequel show? Worth the watch? 
  • Options
    Love The Gentleman, finished the series and I think Vinnie and Ray Winston were superb.

Love to see the Sexy Beast prequel what network is that on? Hope that nutter Ben Kingsley character is in it he was terrifying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the first Episode of Shogun (DisneyPlus) yesterday.

Ten Episodes being released on a weekly basis, three already released.

Looks great viewing, mixture of Japanese (with subtitles), and English (which is supposed to be Portuguese) - Always liked Hiroyuki Sanada since seeing him in the Last Samurai.

Really agree with the comment on the last Page about Blackthorne sounding like a modern day Richard Burton - His voice sounds so perfect for the role, not sure why.
    I keep thinking our hero who does sounds like Richard Burton is going to say at some point 'broadsword calling Danny boy' 🤣
  • Options
    Don’t know how new they are but Fisk and Colin from Accounts are both full of subtle humour I wouldn’t expect from our antipodean friends. 
  • Options
    Anyone watch the 2nd series of Trigger Point with Vicky McClure? 

Ridiculously far fetched but I enjoyed it. Interested if others did or not. 
  • Options
    Love The Gentleman, finished the series and I think Vinnie and Ray Winston were superb.

Love to see the Sexy Beast prequel what network is that on? Hope that nutter Ben Kingsley character is in it he was terrifying. 
    Sexy Beast is on paramount+
  • Options

Based on the 1st series that we watched last year, we gave it a miss because we thought that was poor in all honesty.
    Remember that first scene when one of them hit the light switch or the floor pad (cant remember which way round it was!) and it made them look so bloody amateur because they'd never have done that in real life in a million years.

Don’t know how new they are but Fisk and Colin from Accounts are both full of subtle humour I wouldn’t expect from our antipodean friends. 
    Loved Colin from Accounts.  Thought that was one of the my programmes of the year last year (if it was last year!) 
  • Options
    As no one else has mentioned, Married at First Sight Australia is warming up nicely.

We're about a week ahead of the UK scheduling on E4 as I've been downloading it and watching it on my Plex server and been going through 2 episodes a night for the last couple of weeks.  Plenty of scandal ahead.

Lucinda, as annoying as she is, has the most soothing Aussie voice I think I've ever heard.

(Apologies for bringing the tone down in this thread!)
  • Options
    Dates back to 2010-2014 but off the back of watching Kin, am now onto series 5 of Love/Hate, another Irish gangster offering. Brilliant.
  • Options

Yes. Thought it was much better than the first season. Bonkers of course but a good easy watch. 
  • Options

It’s the best comedy on tv 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Far fetched but decent. Better than series 1.
  • Options
    Finished the last season of Fauda and thought it was the best yet.

Please tell me there's going to be a series 5??
  • Options

Yes, it’s been commissioned for a 5th but it’s been said they’re going to have to find a way to work the war into it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it never comes to light. Would be gutted, I loved Fauda. The actor who played Sagi was called up as a reservist and has been badly injured 
  • Options
    Not new, but new to us - White Gold on Netflix. 

Sitcom from one of the Inbetweeners writers (and has the actors who played Jay and Simon in it) set in a double glazing sales firm in the 80s.

First series in particular was very funny.
  • Options
    edited March 13

Yes, it’s been commissioned for a 5th but it’s been said they’re going to have to find a way to work the war into it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it never comes to light. Would be gutted, I loved Fauda. The actor who played Sagi was called up as a reservist and has been badly injured 
     Bloody hell! Really. He wasn't in great shape in the show last I saw him. Hope he pulls through.

Agree. Such a great series. Hope it gets sorted.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    I watched Generation Kill while waiting for new episodes of Masters of the Air. I think it's a great series. The dialogue is surprisingly funny. It doesn't have many combat action scenes but it kept my interest from start to finish. There were quite a few "what the hell"/"you couldn't make it up" moments and if I hadn't known the series was based on true events in the Iraq War I would definitely question the authenticity of it.🤣 I couldn't believe the famous USMC especially the First Division had so many incompetent people and seemed chaotic in action. Quite eye opening.
  • Options
    4 episodes into Shogun on Dinsey+. Absolutely love it.
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Enjoyed 'Love Rat' which was on C5 on 4 nights this week. Not what I was expecting and lots of twists and turns.
  • Options
    edited March 15
    The Confession Killer - mid-way through this Netflix documentary about Henry Lee Lucas who confessed to hundreds of murders in the US. If you like crime stuff, it’s a good watch.
  • Options
    Just completed the first season of Kin. Was a slow start but picked up pace really quickly. A few Game of Thrones red wedding moments. Enjoying it.