Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Watching the final episode now.

Could happily watch it all over again.
  • Options
    Enjoyed Kin, sad there won't be a third season. 

The Gentlemen. Enjoyed the first few fast moving episodes but thought it died a lingering death towards the end. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Enjoyed Kin, sad there won't be a third season. 

The Gentlemen. Enjoyed the first few fast moving episodes but thought it died a lingering death towards the end. 
    Pretty sure there will be a 3rd series.
  • Options
    Another great Korean drama " My name"
    Another great lead actress role too. Well worth a watch and I'll mention again The Glory and Sisyphus. 
  • Options
    Keep an eye out for Bodkin on Netflix in May.
    Was filmed around West Cork and a few of my friends are extras.
    Trailer looks good 🤞🏼
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Managed three and a half episodes of the new Man City documentary on Netflix “Together Treble Winners”. It’s an ok watch but lacks the insight that previous footy documentary series on Netflix and Amazon have managed. All very sugar sweet and cuddly. Very little revealed that we didn’t know already and all very superficial when it comes to the characters involved. Sweary words are bleeped out and it all seems very sanitized. Admiration for Pep abounds but that’s about it really. I wonder if this genre is now being done to death a bit. 
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Davo55 said:
    Highly recommend This Town on BBC One. Two episodes in and totally hooked. Set in 1981, focusing on an extended family in Birmingham and Coventry during both race riots and the IRA bombing campaign. Great music too, with some real banging reggae and ska tracks.
    Only watched the first episode so far but have to say I think it's excellent. Interesting storylines and it captures the feel of the time.

Some very good acting.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Highly recommend This Town on BBC One. Two episodes in and totally hooked. Set in 1981, focusing on an extended family in Birmingham and Coventry during both race riots and the IRA bombing campaign. Great music too, with some real banging reggae and ska tracks.
    Only watched the first episode so far but have to say I think it's excellent. Interesting storylines and it captures the feel of the time.

Some very good acting.
    Same writer as Peaky Blinders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying Loudermilk, it’s a classic funny US tv series  formed around the life of an out of work recovering alcoholic , music critic and Alcoholics Anonymous group leader. It’s refreshing after too much murky graded crisis ridden Netflix . The soundtrack is great and has led me to some (new to me ) US bands and while US humour doesn’t always translate enough of it does. There’s a great ensemble feel to the cast , It’s definitely very blokey , but it’s good to watch something on my own . Definitely not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m enjoying it.
    Probably my favourite programme of the last few years. Absolutely love it. Gutted I’ve finished it. Although apparently there’s 2 more series to come. Great cast. Hilarious Curb Your Enthusiasm type awkwardness and a subject very close to my heart. Love it. 
  • Options
    I know it's for kids but watched Renegade Nell with the grandkids brilliant family series 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying Loudermilk, it’s a classic funny US tv series  formed around the life of an out of work recovering alcoholic , music critic and Alcoholics Anonymous group leader. It’s refreshing after too much murky graded crisis ridden Netflix . The soundtrack is great and has led me to some (new to me ) US bands and while US humour doesn’t always translate enough of it does. There’s a great ensemble feel to the cast , It’s definitely very blokey , but it’s good to watch something on my own . Definitely not everyone’s cup of tea but I’m enjoying it.
    Probably my favourite programme of the last few years. Absolutely love it. Gutted I’ve finished it. Although apparently there’s 2 more series to come. Great cast. Hilarious Curb Your Enthusiasm type awkwardness and a subject very close to my heart. Love it. 
    Same here. Superb series and the creator says he’s always wanted to do 7 series. Fingers crossed that it happens.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I’m enjoying Loudermilk, it’s a classic funny US tv series  formed around the life of an out of work recovering alcoholic , music critic and Alcoholics Anonymous group leader. It’s refreshing after too much murky graded crisis ridden Netflix . The soundtrack is great and has led me to some (new to me ) US bands and while US humour doesn’t always translate enough of it does. There’s a great ensemble feel to the cast , It’s definitely very blokey , but it’s good to watch something on my own . Definitely not everyones cup of tea but I’m enjoying it.
    Been enjoying it also. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    KIN hitting bingeworthy status. Watched 3 in one sitting last night and could have easily gone on, it's that good.
    '

Yes, sensational drama. Can't wait for Series 3 which I think is out in May/June - and they've already filmed Series 4.
    Where you hearing that mate?
    This is the last I read a few weeks ago.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rte-kin-returning-season-three-32181901

My missus told me! I'll have a word!
    'In May 2023, it was reported that a third season had already been filmed in summer 2022, and that it would therefore be released in 2024, with a fourth season also on the cards.24 Feb 2024
  • Options
    Anyone else watching "3 Body Problem" on Netflix ?

Pretty bizarre (and may need Wikipedia's assistance to check your understanding of certain issues ) but my kind of sci fi series.

Just watched the first 3 episodes & looking forward to the rest.

Love to know what others think.... 
  • Options
    Caught the first 15 minutes of Professor T on ITV. Is it worth watching from the start of the first series?
  • Options
    Managed three and a half episodes of the new Man City documentary on Netflix “Together Treble Winners”. It’s an ok watch but lacks the insight that previous footy documentary series on Netflix and Amazon have managed. All very sugar sweet and cuddly. Very little revealed that we didn’t know already and all very superficial when it comes to the characters involved. Sweary words are bleeped out and it all seems very sanitized. Admiration for Pep abounds but that’s about it really. I wonder if this genre is now being done to death a bit. 
    It really is.
  • Options

Pretty bizarre (and may need Wikipedia's assistance to check your understanding of certain issues ) but my kind of sci fi series.

i finished it last week. It’s a decent attempt as some concepts are difficult to get over on tv rather than in a book. Wasn’t blown away by it, but enjoyable enough.
  • Options

I'm enjoying it quite a lot - also three episodes in. I have read the books and as Gary says it's a good attempt at getting over a very complex plot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught the first 15 minutes of Professor T on ITV. Is it worth watching from the start of the first series?
    I watched a bit of the first series and stopped. 
    I didn't much rate Ben Miller or the scripts.
  • Options

enjoying it too. Bit Game of Thrones killing off the favourite characters. 

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    KIN hitting bingeworthy status. Watched 3 in one sitting last night and could have easily gone on, it's that good.
    '

Yes, sensational drama. Can't wait for Series 3 which I think is out in May/June - and they've already filmed Series 4.
    Where you hearing that mate?
    This is the last I read a few weeks ago.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/rte-kin-returning-season-three-32181901

My missus told me! I'll have a word!
    'In May 2023, it was reported that a third season had already been filmed in summer 2022, and that it would therefore be released in 2024, with a fourth season also on the cards.24 Feb 2024
    Not happening. Charlie Cox is back in the US filming. The other leads are working on other projects. If they ever get to a third season it will be 2026/7 earliest by which time it would have lost its momentum. 
  • Options
    I watched a bit of the first series and stopped. 
    I didn't much rate Ben Miller or the scripts.
    Same here, found the storylines thin.
  • Options
    Another sleepless night, another series binge watched. Cleaning Up on Netflix. Enjoyed it. Quite light weight but an easy watch. Sheridan Smith is good and a few old faithfuls in Lloyd Owen, Con O’Neill etc. 
  • Options
    Watched the first 3 episodes of the new Kate Winslett series on Sky Atlantic - The Regime. Political satire where she is the head of a fictional eastern European state. Will probably finish it, but not sure so far. Don't quite get the message it is supposed to be passing on and its not actually that funny.
  • Options
    Watched the first 3 episodes of the new Kate Winslett series on Sky Atlantic - The Regime. Political satire where she is the head of a fictional eastern European state. Will probably finish it, but not sure so far. Don't quite get the message it is supposed to be passing on and its not actually that funny.
    My mum watched the first episode a few weeks ago and said it was awful. I decided to give it a miss.
  • Options
    Another sleepless night, another series binge watched. Cleaning Up on Netflix. Enjoyed it. Quite light weight but an easy watch. Sheridan Smith is good and a few old faithfuls in Lloyd Owen, Con O’Neill etc. 
    Sorry, but cleaning up was one of the worst programmes of the last 10 years. 
  • Options
    Finished watching Vigil (series 2) worth a watch as was series 1.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the last few rounds of University Challenge .. Amol Rajan has done a great job lightening up proceedings following on from the very stern Jezza Paxman .. iPlayer