Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just finished 'Under The Banner of Heaven' on - I think - Disney+  Basedon a true story of a horrific murder, so quite dark/deep (and damning of the Mormon faith), but wife and I enjoyed it and now need something else to watch...
  • Options
    Enjoyed the last few rounds of University Challenge .. Amol Rajan has done a great job lightening up proceedings following on from the very stern Jezza Paxman .. iPlayer
    Agree with this, Lincs. 

But how can ONE man be so intelligent that he can answer correctly within a few seconds of the question on SO many varying subjects ? 

I realise there is at least one contestant in every series that fills this  profile but we continue to watch open mouthed, shouting out " How the hell did he know that ?" 

Photographhic memory maybe ? 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Highly recommend This Town on BBC One. Two episodes in and totally hooked. Set in 1981, focusing on an extended family in Birmingham and Coventry during both race riots and the IRA bombing campaign. Great music too, with some real banging reggae and ska tracks.

Drama at its best IMO. Me and Mrs MAM sat through all espisodes as we couldn't wait.  Great music, great memories too.
  • Options
    Watched the first 3 episodes of the new Kate Winslett series on Sky Atlantic - The Regime. Political satire where she is the head of a fictional eastern European state. Will probably finish it, but not sure so far. Don't quite get the message it is supposed to be passing on and it's not actually that funny.
    Saw the first episode (40 minutes of it against my better judgement, as I wanted to give it a fair shot). Wont be bothering with the rest.
  • Options
    This weeks Shogun episode was fantastic. Really setting things up nicely.
  • Options
    Just finished the first episode of the new Fallout Series on Prime. Based on the game franchise. Pretty good start. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the last few rounds of University Challenge .. Amol Rajan has done a great job lightening up proceedings following on from the very stern Jezza Paxman .. iPlayer
    Agree with this, Lincs. 

But how can ONE man be so intelligent that he can answer correctly within a few seconds of the question on SO many varying subjects ? 

I realise there is at least one contestant in every series that fills this  profile but we continue to watch open mouthed, shouting out " How the hell did he know that ?" 

Always very humbling watching Fanny .. interesting how Imperial College, a science, technology & medicine based institution, has a very good recent record .. good to see so many VERY VERY clever young people using their talents to study these much needed subjects which will be vital to the world's future, rather than purely dry academic history/philosophy like topics .. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Highly recommend This Town on BBC One. Two episodes in and totally hooked. Set in 1981, focusing on an extended family in Birmingham and Coventry during both race riots and the IRA bombing campaign. Great music too, with some real banging reggae and ska tracks.

Drama at its best IMO. Me and Mrs MAM sat through all espisodes as we couldn't wait.  Great music, great memories too.
    Watched the last part last night - loved watching it. A greeat series...
  • Options
    Have done the first episode of Fallout, as a big fan of the games think it caught the feel and aesthetic very well. 

• Options
    Agree with this, Lincs. 

Always very humbling watching Fanny .. interesting how Imperial College, a science, technology & medicine based institution, has a very good recent record .. good to see so many VERY VERY clever young people using their talents to study these much needed subjects which will be vital to the world's future, rather than purely dry academic history/philosophy like topics .. 
    This is the reason Imperial is doing so well

The New Yorker Who Cracked the U.K.’s Premier Quiz Show - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jints said:
    Agree with this, Lincs. 

This is the reason Imperial is doing so well

The New Yorker Who Cracked the U.K.’s Premier Quiz Show - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Wow ! Thanks for that, Jints. 

That guy was very special but so was the standout finalist this year ! 
  • Options
    Not new but been watching some old re-runs of Benidorm on channel 56 (Very).
  • Options
    Benidorm was excellent, some great lines that could be easily missed. 

Donald & Jacquine from the MSA in the first few seasons got some pearlers 
  • Options

Yes, that's our bolt hole when there's nothing else we can find to watch. Some magnificent script in the earlier series, but think it left a lot to be desired once the Garveys left. Donald and Jacqueline are top notch.
  • Options
    Agree with this, Lincs. 

I prefer the golden years when Footlights College, Oxbridge played Scumbag College. Classic.
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Agree with this, Lincs. 

Always watching Fanny
    Dirty boy!
  • Options
    A very promising start to the third series of Wisting on BBC 4 last night. Excellent Scandinavian drama.

Just watched Oppenheimer. Found it ok, but far too long imo.
  • Options
    Just started watching Fallout, pretty impressed with Gary Neville so far…
  • Options
    Watching Ripley on Netflix. Slow, dark, arty, black and white, beautifully shot and acted.
    loving it.
  • Options
    Been watching "A Gentleman in Moscow" streaming on Paramount+

Released every Fridays... Only up to Episode Three, but been a really "fun" / interesting show - Ewan McGregor is great as the main cast
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blue lights back tonight and all episodes on BBC iPlayer. First series really good. Watched first two of new series tonight and am enjoying it.
  • Options
    Just finished Ghosts of Beirut on Paramount...'true story' (well, based on research, as no-one knows exactly what happened) about the hunt for Imad Mughniyeh, a founding member of Islamic Jihad...really well put together and obvs a decent budget behind it...4 x 1 hour episodes and each of them brilliant tv.
  • Options
    It's been a great Spring for TV - Shogun, Ripley, Three Bodies and Gentleman in Moscow are all top class adaptations of excellent books. Only watched one episode of Fallout but like the retro-futuristic design and looking forward to more. 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Blue lights back tonight and all episodes on BBC iPlayer. First series really good. Watched first two of new series tonight and am enjoying it.
    Looking forward to watching this - loved the first series.
  • Options
    Weve been trying with Fallout and having never played the game unlike with the last of us I have no prior knowledge or headstart. 

It is thoroughly mental, utterly. I have no idea whats going on, at best a loose grasp of what the female lead is up to but beyond that, yes its a dystopian, post apocalyptic scenescape, the 1950s stuff, if I'm honest is pissing me off. I will persist but in truth I'm edging towards wishing the budget got allocated to the Lord of the rings series instead 
  • Options
    Watching Ripley on Netflix. Slow, dark, arty, black and white, beautifully shot and acted.
    loving it.
    Gave up, thought it was utter tripe personally.
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    It’s like love island Belfast. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    loving it.
    I was looking forward to it until I saw EastTerrace's above post saying it was slow... Now your post has further made me decide to give it a miss🤣
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    It’s like love island Belfast. 
    So it is.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    loving it.
    I was looking forward to it until I saw EastTerrace's above post saying it was slow... Now your post has further made me decide to give it a miss🤣
    I wouldn’t say that story is that slow paced, it just isn’t rushed and interspersed with arty shots of statues and suchlike. Pretty Hitchcockian feel.

I like the mood that Kieslowski set in his films so really like it. Apart from black and white, it has an old feel.