Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Blue lights back tonight and all episodes on BBC iPlayer. First series really good. Watched first two of new series tonight and am enjoying it.
    It’s like love island Belfast. 
    Thats a great shout based on the 2 episodes I've done of this series 👏 
  • Options
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Baby Reindeer on Netflix. Pretty good so far.
  • Options
    Got my niece staying with us for a while she has introduced us to Schitt's Creek....quite enjoying it.
  • Options
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Baby Reindeer on Netflix. Pretty good so far.
    Started watching in last night and really enjoying it - watched 3 episodes back to back
  • Options
    Started watching in last night and really enjoying it - watched 3 episodes back to back
    Finished it a couple of nights ago with an until 2am marathon viewing session. Loved it. Didn't realise he plays himself in it. Would now like to see the one man show, if he ever brings it back.
  • Options
    Binge watched The Golden Hour on Netflix- 6 episodes.

Worth a look.
  • Options
    Got my niece staying with us for a while she has introduced us to Schitt's Creek....quite enjoying it.
    One of my favourite easy watches on Netflix
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    One of my favourite easy watches on Netflix
    Yes since my niece has been staying with us we have seen the 1st series and 4-5 of series 2 as you say an easy watch.
  • Options
    Watched first two episodes of Baby Reindeer but unlike most of you, thought it was shit. 
  • Options
    Palin in Nigeria .. very watchable
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not new, but I am aware there are one or two train enthusiasts on this forum.  Portillo this week on BBC2 at 6.30 each night is on a tour of Kent. Tissues at the ready!

• Options
    Just seen that there’s a 6 part series of The Tattooist of Auschwitz starting in May. Read the book recently which was really good.
  • Options
    Not new, but I am aware there are one or two train enthusiasts on this forum.  Portillo this week on BBC2 at 6.30 each night is on a tour of Kent. Tissues at the ready!

I'm not sure I want to know, why the tissues!
  • Options
    Chewing through stuff on apple TV 

Masters of the air was really good. The flight scenes were incredible 

Now watching slow horses and loving it 
  • Options
    Caught the first 15 minutes of Professor T on ITV. Is it worth watching from the start of the first series?
    I watched a bit of the first series and stopped. 
    I didn't much rate Ben Miller or the scripts.
    Same here, found the storylines thin.
    I thought it was just me - I couldn’t stick with it. I’d watched all 4 series of the Belgian version and really enjoyed it. I’d recommend it as long as you don’t mind subtitles. 
  • Options

Is it sad? Or will there be a happy ending?
  • Options

I'm not sure I want to know, why the tissues!

Is it sad? Or will there be a happy ending?

Oh no, don't get the wrong end of the stick. I believe he covers the demise of the Sidcup loop line, which is sad for Charlton fans living in Sidcup.

• Options
    Gave Baby Reindeer a go. Now 5 episodes in and losing interest.

I like the main woman’s acting performance but find the bloke really irritating and the fact he didn’t go to the police sooner just to make a storyline annoyed me.
  • Options
    Deadloch on Amazon. Bonkers pastiche of Broadchurch set in Tasmania. Laugh out loud funny. Got to the end of S1E4 and I think they’re starting to realise they have decent policier on their hands. 
  • Options
    Deadloch on Amazon. Bonkers pastiche of Broadchurch set in Tasmania. Laugh out loud funny. Got to the end of S1E4 and I think they’re starting to realise they have decent policier on their hands. 
    I’ve mentioned this before, thought it was great, typical Aussie crude humour, I’m hoping for another series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve mentioned this before, thought it was great, typical Aussie crude humour, I’m hoping for another series.
    Some funny moments and neat twists, but the 'detective' from the Top End was incredibly stupid and very irritating.

• Options
    Some funny moments and neat twists, but the 'detective' from the Top End was incredibly stupid and very irritating.

True, but she was very damaged and needed as an antagonist for Dulcie. 
  • Options
    Red Eye is fantastic on itv 
  • Options

I like the main woman’s acting performance but find the bloke really irritating and the fact he didn’t go to the police sooner just to make a storyline annoyed me.
    On the final episode now, believe it or not the bloke playing the main character is the real bloke it happened to - https://www.forbes.com/sites/timlammers/2024/04/19/baby-reindeer-star-on-martha-actor-accuracy-of-series-its-all-emotionally-100-true/#:~:text=During his real-life ordeal,his character to Donny Dunn
  • Options
    Just finished the last Episode of Shogun... Been brilliant viewing the last ten weeks

Going to miss looking forward to a Tuesday now getting to watch it.
  • Options

On the final episode now, believe it or not the bloke playing the main character is the real bloke it happened to - https://www.forbes.com/sites/timlammers/2024/04/19/baby-reindeer-star-on-martha-actor-accuracy-of-series-its-all-emotionally-100-true/#:~:text=During his real-life ordeal,his character to Donny Dunn
    Yeah I saw the real tweets etc. He’s obviously dramatised it, and I thought 7 episodes were too much.
  • Options
    Just finished the last Episode of Shogun... Been brilliant viewing the last ten weeks

Going to miss looking forward to a Tuesday now getting to watch it.
    Just finished it as well. 

Stunning series, almost perfect. Some people might find it a little slow but I absolutely loved it.

• Options
    edited April 24
    Couple of good programmes on tonight focusing on Folkestone. Portillo at 6.30 on BBC2 and then at 8pm Andi Oliver's Fabulous Feasts goes behind the scenes of the Folkestone Music festival which is running from May 1st - 31st.  There are some seriously good gigs and artists playing throughout the month along with a shed load of music workshops if anybody is interested. Details here http://www.folkestonemusic.co.uk - Keep an eye open for Sophia Stutchbury, lovely lady and a great voice too.

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Blue lights back tonight and all episodes on BBC iPlayer. First series really good. Watched first two of new series tonight and am enjoying it.
    Enjoying this excellent series
    Thus far resisted the temptation to watch all available episodes, do still like the weekly instalments routine.
    Fascinated how the new players in the gang warfare will turn out and where they fit in with the business of the other side and last season's protagonists
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Was slightly disappointed with the season finale of Shogun. Was a brilliant series though, one of the best things I’ve watched in a while.