Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• The Gathering (C4) was surprisingly good. 
    Looking forward to watching this. 

2 more episodes of The Responder S2 to watch then it's next on the list.
    How did you find the ending?(I'm assuming you've finished it).
    Guess you're talking about The Gathering.

TBH, we got sidetracked by Passenger...which we enjoyed immensely until the final episode which left us with more questions than answers ! 

Can't wait for Series 2.
  • Jints said:
    Liked the first episode of Man in Full (based on an excellent book by Tom Wolfe) 
    Last episode was a stiff one! 
  • The Gathering (C4) was surprisingly good. 
    Looking forward to watching this. 

2 more episodes of The Responder S2 to watch then it's next on the list.
    How did you find the ending?(I'm assuming you've finished it).
    Guess you're talking about The Gathering.

TBH, we got sidetracked by Passenger...which we enjoyed immensely until the final episode which left us with more questions than answers ! 

Can't wait for Series 2.
    Was talking about the Responder S2 - wasn't mad on the ending.
  • edited May 28
    Started Obituary on Netflix. Black comedy set in Ireland.

Reporter at a local paper who writes Obituaries is forced to go free lance and get paid by the article, so she starts killing people to create her own content. 

First couple were pretty good.

One reviewer labelled it Dexter meets Bad Sisters!
  • First two episodes of Rebus have been good.
    I tried but found it awfully dark.  I like Richard Rankine so I might give it anther go.  
    Ditto. Love the Ranklin books but too violent for my missus. We have ditched Hard Sun for the same reason.

• Is episode of the Sympathiser (Sky) was promising - based on a novel around a Vietnamise guy employed by the South Vietnamese but acting as a spy for the Vietcong. As the episode ended with the fall of Saigon I'm guessing most of the rest will be set in the States. Robert Downey Jnr is larger than life.
  • Just finished Bodkin and thought it was v good. The Irish are giving Scandi Noir a real run for the money. Interesting executive producers too. 
  • edited May 31
    Couple of sleepless nights so binged the Gathering, Baby Reindeer and the new series of The Outlaws. Thoroughly enjoyed them all.  If you don’t like Merchant’s one liner humour then don’t bother with The Outlaws as it has him all over it. I do so I enjoyed it. Storyline about as bonkers as a bonkers thing from Bonkersville but it got me through the early hours. Amazing versatility from Ms Gunning. The two roles as the mad woman in Baby Reindeer and her comic cop in the Outlaws were brilliantly done. 
  • Just finished Bodkin and thought it was v good. The Irish are giving Scandi Noir a real run for the money. Interesting executive producers too. 
    I’m 3 episodes in but have family visiting so haven’t watched the rest yet.
    The locals here aren’t impressed.
    Feel like it’s Americas idea of what it is to be Oirish.
    I’m 3 episodes in but have family visiting so haven’t watched the rest yet.
    The locals here aren’t impressed.
    Feel like it’s Americas idea of what it is to be Oirish.
    to be sure, to be sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Second series of Tokyo Vice is superb.
  • It’s probably been mentioned on here a few times but I’m enjoying Undercover on Netflix, I must admit it’s taken me a while to watch because of its Belgian origin. I will surrender my woke/millennial card. 
  • Watched the first couple of episodes of the latest Walking Dead spin off......hmmm. not sure I will bother finishing it.
  • I'm struggling a bit with Dark. 

I think initially it was the young kids all looking quite similar and it not being 100% who was who as adults. Possibly getting my head around it a little better now but maybe I shouldn't watch it when I'm absolutely knackered late at night and a bit more with it!
  • edited June 1
    Thanks to those that recommended Kin. Watched both series over the last month and loved it. Francis Magee in S2 was brilliant playing Bren. 
    He lives just up the road often seen wandering around Hastings Old Town....Loved Kin hope there's more to come.....according to the wife's family (they live in Dublin) it's very real...the drug dealing etc.
  • Enjoying Bodkin. Great to have a series 3 of The Outlaws, now based a farm/allotment.
  • edited June 4
    I'm struggling a bit with Dark. 

I think initially it was the young kids all looking quite similar and it not being 100% who was who as adults. Possibly getting my head around it a little better now but maybe I shouldn't watch it when I'm absolutely knackered late at night and a bit more with it!
    If you think it is confusing now, just you wait! You'll be putting up a pin board and getting out some thread in no time

• I'm struggling a bit with Dark. 

If you think it is confusing now, just you wait! You'll be putting up a pin board and getting out some thread in no time

I watched the TV series version of 12 Monkeys last year and enjoyed it very much. I saw many people mention Dark while discussing similar series but I eventually decided not to watch it because it seemed even much more complicated than 12 Monkeys and I just didn't think it would be a good idea to keep using my brain after a day's heavy work (I work in a bank and do forex trading)😂

I've been watching an old FX series Justified. It's quite funny with some very well developped storylines and characters. Plus as a fan of Band of Brothers and The Pacific, it's been great to see so many familiar faces. It's not top-tier TV shows like Boardwalk Empire etc. but enjoyable enough to keep me watching an episode each evening for a couple of months.
  • After finally finishing Friends again since Matthew Perrys death (still can’t believe it & having rewatched it I’m mourning him more, such a waste) I started watching One Day. Easy watch.
    Still haven’t gone back to Bodkin 🫣
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to those that recommended Kin. Watched both series over the last month and loved it. Francis Magee in S2 was brilliant playing Bren. 
    We started watching it last night. 2 episodes in and we love it.
  • Anyone watched The Sympathiser on Sky? Thinking about giving it a go. Spy Drama set towards the end of the Vietnam War. 
  • started it @Clem_Snide ...one episode in....got a bit confused as it jumped around...then I got my act together and settled in....liked it and will continue, but wife has dominated the TV this week (Bodkin), so I'm having to wait my turn...
  • Two episodes into Eric with Benedict Cumberbatch on Netflix - quite enjoying it so far. Bit unusual but interesting
  • Jessie said:

I watched the TV series version of 12 Monkeys last year and enjoyed it very much. I saw many people mention Dark while discussing similar series but I eventually decided not to watch it because it seemed even much more complicated than 12 Monkeys and I just didn't think it would be a good idea to keep using my brain after a day's heavy work (I work in a bank and do forex trading)😂

I've been watching an old FX series Justified. It's quite funny with some very well developped storylines and characters. Plus as a fan of Band of Brothers and The Pacific, it's been great to see so many familiar faces. It's not top-tier TV shows like Boardwalk Empire etc. but enjoyable enough to keep me watching an episode each evening for a couple of months.
    Justified was excellent Jessie. I might just revisit it again. I liked Timothy Olyphant  in that role. 
  • The Acolyte 

Eurgh ahhhh, I get a feeling this was written and filmed peak BLM/#metoo, it really gave me the impression it had sacrificed storytelling for hitting the right social winds that were blowing. It does look amazing and the last 30 seconds of the second episode kept me suitably hooked. I just think after Ahsoka and how good that and the Mandalorian is, which incidentally has some amazing female leads and is effortlessly diverse and does not in any way feel forced mainly because I'm paying too much attention to whats going on and having my mind blown. 
  • Anyone watched The Sympathiser on Sky? Thinking about giving it a go. Spy Drama set towards the end of the Vietnam War. 
    Yep, liked the first episode.
  • TEL said:
    Jessie said:

Justified was excellent Jessie. I might just revisit it again. I liked Timothy Olyphant  in that role. 
    Yes he's great. I also like a lot of the side characters. Have you watched the follow-up City Primeaval? My mum who's a fan of the original show said it was garbage and didn't even finish it😂
  • Jessie said:
    TEL said:
    Jessie said:

Yes he's great. I also like a lot of the side characters. Have you watched the follow-up City Primeaval? My mum who's a fan of the original show said it was garbage and didn't even finish it😂
    No I didn't see that. I saw Olyphant in a later series where he has had major dental work. It's changed his look completely and not for the better 😁
  • Carter said:
    The Acolyte 

Eurgh ahhhh, I get a feeling this was written and filmed peak BLM/#metoo, it really gave me the impression it had sacrificed storytelling for hitting the right social winds that were blowing. It does look amazing and the last 30 seconds of the second episode kept me suitably hooked. I just think after Ahsoka and how good that and the Mandalorian is, which incidentally has some amazing female leads and is effortlessly diverse and does not in any way feel forced mainly because I'm paying too much attention to whats going on and having my mind blown. 
    Don't really see where you picked up the BLM/Metoo aspect to it?

Enjoyed the fights having a bit more of a martial arts element to it but otherwise found the story quite rushed and awkward to be honest. It moved forward at a really fast pace but felt like none of the characters had any depth.