Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Supercell.

Its like Top Boy meets Stranger Things. I’ve quite enjoyed it even if I struggle with the lingo sometimes. Set in Brixton/Deptford.
  • 'Eric' awesome. 
    Loudermilk - Grating - 4 series!!!
  • End of Summer (can be found on bbc iplayer) was very good. Scandi noir mystery drama with subtitles but easy enough to follow.
  • Watched the first episode of Sprint on Netflix. I think it is a 6-part series. 

It follows some of the world's fastest sprinters, including Zharnel Hughes from England. 

Enjoyed the first episode, Noah Lyles from USA has a great character with his ego/belief. 
  • Got through first 5 episodes of House of Dragon season 2 and now have the pain of reverting to weekly episodes 🙈
  • Late to the party but have just finished season 1 of Snowfall. Worth a go if anyone hasn't seen it and likes drug/gang based dramas.
  • Got through first 5 episodes of House of Dragon season 2 and now have the pain of reverting to weekly episodes 🙈
    Going to wait and watch it all over a weekend.
  • Supercell.

Its like Top Boy meets Stranger Things. I’ve quite enjoyed it even if I struggle with the lingo sometimes. Set in Brixton/Deptford.
    Yeah thought it was really good. Annoyingly just getting into it and it ended, could have done with a couple more episodes or a little less dragging from the first few. 

Honestly not being pedantic but if anyone does want to watch it and can't find it, it's called Supacell. 
  • The Jetty  BBC1 just enough twists and turns to keep the interest, Jenna Coleman always very watchable, lots of familiar faces in the supporting cast but the effing sound balance or rather that should be total effing lack of any sound balance - dialogue is inaudible with volume below 50%, the rest of the time the musak is deafening so much so can't put down the remote - I'd have the subtitles on but that gets nixed by the domestic authority
    Episode 2's corpse will have wrong footed most of the viewers
  • Billy_Mix said:
    The Jetty  BBC1 just enough twists and turns to keep the interest, Jenna Coleman always very watchable, lots of familiar faces in the supporting cast but the effing sound balance or rather that should be total effing lack of any sound balance - dialogue is inaudible with volume below 50%, the rest of the time the musak is deafening so much so can't put down the remote - I'd have the subtitles on but that gets nixed by the domestic authority
    agreed re the sound balance. Was a few minutes into episode 1 before we realised the different timelines
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy_Mix said:
    The Jetty  BBC1 just enough twists and turns to keep the interest, Jenna Coleman always very watchable, lots of familiar faces in the supporting cast but the effing sound balance or rather that should be total effing lack of any sound balance - dialogue is inaudible with volume below 50%, the rest of the time the musak is deafening so much so can't put down the remote - I'd have the subtitles on but that gets nixed by the domestic authority
    agreed re the sound balance. Was a few minutes into episode 1 before we realised the different timelines
    The sound was so poor the 1st episode was half way through before I realised that there were different timelines.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    agreed re the sound balance. Was a few minutes into episode 1 before we realised the very different timelines
    The sound was so poor the 1st episode was half way through before I realised that there were different timelines.
    It wasn't obvious. Not done well enough, unless they did it on person, for whatever reason.
  • Mr Big Stuff. New Danny Dyer and Ryan Sampson comedy on Sky. Ridiculous, but strangely entertaining.
  • 'Eric' awesome. 
    Loudermilk - Grating - 4 series!!!
    Loved Loudermilk
  • Mr Big Stuff. New Danny Dyer and Ryan Sampson comedy on Sky. Ridiculous, but strangely entertaining.
    I got an email from Sky a few months back to watch the first two episodes of this, provide feedback, etc. Got half way through the second episode and switched it off. Think I chuckled once at the end of the first episode and that was it.
  • I saw the trailer and that was more than enough.
  • I’m a fan of Tokyo Vice and can’t quite bear to let it go, with two episodes left, so I thought I’d try the Turkish Detective on BBC2 for a change. They have in common authentic location, local actors and dialogue, and based on a book, apparently, but at least going by E1 which I caught last night the storyline and script doesn’t get near Tokyo Vice quality. Anyone watching, does it get better?
  • Also, I keep meaning to cancel Apple TV. Before I do, have I missed anything on there which is British/European set, and good? I’ve seen Slow Horses and everything else seems to be Yank, and it isnt my thing, well not enough to pay for anyway. 
    I gave up this season, really couldn't' get into it and 4 episodes in. 

Snowfall i would recommend too, started binging it recently and near the end of season 2. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Also, I keep meaning to cancel Apple TV. Before I do, have I missed anything on there which is British/European set, and good? I’ve seen Slow Horses and everything else seems to be Yank, and it isnt my thing, well not enough to pay for anyway. 

There's a Richmond FC documentary that's worth a watch.
    I appreciate this won't be an opinion shared by the masses but aside from liking a lot of the people involved mainly Brett Goldstein I was not a huge fan of it. It has been made to satisfy yanks and the amount of subversive plots regarding the players I found a bit too much by the end. I have no problem with it being a comedy but by the end I was fed up of it 
  • edited July 18
    I’m a fan of Tokyo Vice and can’t quite bear to let it go, with two episodes left, so I thought I’d try the Turkish Detective on BBC2 for a change. They have in common authentic location, local actors and dialogue, and based on a book, apparently, but at least going by E1 which I caught last night the storyline and script doesn’t get near Tokyo Vice quality. Anyone watching, does it get better?
    Watched the first two episodes. I genuinely couldn’t work out whether it was supposed to be a comedy or serious. I concluded that it was just ham acting and a dodgy script. Mrs SB enjoyed it. I thought it was utter tosh. 
  • I’m a fan of Tokyo Vice and can’t quite bear to let it go, with two episodes left, so I thought I’d try the Turkish Detective on BBC2 for a change. They have in common authentic location, local actors and dialogue, and based on a book, apparently, but at least going by E1 which I caught last night the storyline and script doesn’t get near Tokyo Vice quality. Anyone watching, does it get better?
    Watched the first two episodes. I genuinely couldn’t work out whether it was supposed to be a comedy or serious. I concluded that it was just ham acting and a dodgy script. Mrs SB enjoyed it. I thought it was utter tosh. 
    I saw the trailer and didn't bother.
    Severance is the best thing on there imo. 
  • What a treat, The Boys finale on the way to work, and home later to binge Cobra Kai.

Proper excited to watch Cobra Kai, right up there with my favourite series of all time
  • edited July 19
    What a treat, The Boys finale on the way to work, and home later to binge Cobra Kai.

Proper excited to watch Cobra Kai, right up there with my favourite series of all time
    Shame they're messing around with the Part 1 etc. rubbish for the last season, meaning we have to wait until November for six more Episodes, and then 2025 for the actually end season - Not sure whether to just wait for the lot to come out now, or watch as and when
  • edited July 20
    Also, I keep meaning to cancel Apple TV. Before I do, have I missed anything on there which is British/European set, and good? I’ve seen Slow Horses and everything else seems to be Yank, and it isnt my thing, well not enough to pay for anyway. 
    Masters of the Air is excellent (although falls within the Yank category! But lots of it set in Britain)  
    Have you watched The Outsider with Jared Leto? Only a film, but should help with your Tokyo Vice withdrawal.
  • Carter said:
    Also, I keep meaning to cancel Apple TV. Before I do, have I missed anything on there which is British/European set, and good? I’ve seen Slow Horses and everything else seems to be Yank, and it isnt my thing, well not enough to pay for anyway. 

There's a Richmond FC documentary that's worth a watch.
    I appreciate this won't be an opinion shared by the masses but aside from liking a lot of the people involved mainly Brett Goldstein I was not a huge fan of it. It has been made to satisfy yanks and the amount of subversive plots regarding the players I found a bit too much by the end. I have no problem with it being a comedy but by the end I was fed up of it 
    With you on that. It lost me when “Richmond” lost 4-1 to Palarse, despite being Palarse. Surprised Steve Parish didnt make a guest appearance.
  • What a treat, The Boys finale on the way to work, and home later to binge Cobra Kai.

Shame they're messing around with the Part 1 etc. rubbish for the last season, meaning we have to wait until November for six more Episodes, and then 2025 for the actually end season - Not sure whether to just wait for the lot to come out now, or watch as and when
    Ah not a fan of that, assumed this would be it. 

This is the new thing though isn't it, they all milk it as much as possible.