Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Freddie Flintoff returns after his accident in Fields of Dreams, when he takes his team on tour.

Tuesday 13th August at 9pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.
    Loved watching this. Very uplifting tv.
    Absolutely amazing. I loved the first series but this is about a lot more and I agree, very uplifting
  • Not a new programme as its on its 2nd series, but I've just discovered Freddie Flintoff Field of Dreams. Found it fascinating and quite moving.  It's definitely not just a cricket programme covering the difficulties of the under privileged boys with various economic, social and mental issues as well as Frddies trauma following the BBC Top Gear incident.
  • Freddie Flintoff returns after his accident in Fields of Dreams, when he takes his team on tour.

Tuesday 13th August at 9pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.
    Loved watching this. Very uplifting tv.
    Absolutely amazing. I loved the first series but this is about a lot more and I agree, very uplifting
    Hard not to warm to Flintoff - he comes across really well. Some really moving moments.

Some of the best TV I've seen recently.
  • I’m saving the Flintoff series up to watch in one go. Glad it sounds as good as the last one.
    Is anyone watching the celebrity Race Across the World?
    Kelly Brooks husband deserves a knighthood. I mean apart from the obvious, she is really annoying 😳🫣
    No idea who the geezer is from Ted Lasso as have never watched it but he just seems to be there for the party 😂😂
    I'm enjoying it so far.
  • Kap10 said:
    Not a new programme as it’s on its 2nd series, but I've just discovered Freddie Flintoff Field of Dreams. Found it fascinating and quite moving.  It's definitely not just a cricket programme covering the difficulties of the under privileged boys with various economic, social and mental issues as well as Frddies trauma following the BBC Top Gear incident.
    Can’t understand why they put their best two cricketers in last to bat.
  • Kap10 said:
    Not a new programme as it’s on its 2nd series, but I've just discovered Freddie Flintoff Field of Dreams. Found it fascinating and quite moving.  It's definitely not just a cricket programme covering the difficulties of the under privileged boys with various economic, social and mental issues as well as Frddies trauma following the BBC Top Gear incident.
    to give the others in their team a chance to have a go?
  • Kap10 said:
    Probably because it makes good TV. Those two might have knocked the runs off in no time had they opened. In fact, they might have played at least a couple of games and shown the most interesting one. That doesn't make the programme any less real especially Freddie's interaction with the lads, most of whom have some issues to deal with. Which is what makes Freddie the ideal person to help with that. Not just in terms of his accident but also the battle he had for 20 years so poignantly told in his documentary "Living With Bulimia" 
  • I’m saving the Flintoff series up to watch in one go. Glad it sounds as good as the last one.
    Kelly Brooks husband deserves a knighthood. I mean apart from the obvious, she is really annoying 😳🫣
    No idea who the geezer is from Ted Lasso as have never watched it but he just seems to be there for the party 😂😂
    I'm enjoying it so far.
    Yeah im watching. I loved KB but its made me go off her fast. Not a lot going on between her ears. I cant work out, is her husband French or Italian? strange accent for an Italian.

I like Jeff Brazier, seems a really nice bloke.

I'm enjoying it so far.
    Yeah im watching. I loved KB but its made me go off her fast. Not a lot going on between her ears. I cant work out, is her husband French or Italian? strange accent for an Italian.

I think the husband is French but speaks Italian so able to get by in Portuguese
  • edited August 22
    Best bit of RATW was Scott Mills using his full name as much as possible in the hope he'd get recognised and a load of Brazilians shrugging and going "OK what music do you play?"

Agree Jeff Brazier always come across really well - pretty clear he put a fair bit of his career and life on hold for his sons, got a lot of respect for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best bit of RATW was Scott Mills using his full name as much as possible in the hope he'd get recognised and a load of Brazilians shrugging and going "OK what music do you play?"

Agree Jeff Brazier always come across really well - pretty clear he put a fair but of his career and life on hold for his sons, got a lot of respect for that.
    Agreed. I commented about him using his full name - wasn't he so happy with that bloke that did know him?!
    I'm enjoying it so far.

Pretty sure the husband is French but speaks many languages.
    The Braziers are my fav. With all they’ve been through, they just seem so ‘normal’. I hope they win 🤗
  • Best bit of RATW was Scott Mills using his full name as much as possible in the hope he'd get recognised and a load of Brazilians shrugging and going "OK what music do you play?"

Agree Jeff Brazier always come across really well - pretty clear he put a fair but of his career and life on hold for his sons, got a lot of respect for that.
    I absolutely went off Scott Mills on Strictly so was a bit worried I wouldn’t enjoy this because of him. But strangely, he so awful I’m finding him funny. I didn’t realise he was nearly the same age as me……trying to be down with the kids lol. I love his husband though, he’s great!
  • edited August 22
    I'm new to 'The Responder' as I find Martin Freeman rather annoying but, actually, the first series is really well written and he appears well cast and is believable. Enjoying it overall as I approach the last few episodes of S1.
  • Merseyside Detectives: The Murder of Ashley and Olivia on Channel 4

A four part documentary about how the police caught the killers. Very good watch and good to see how criminals are tracked and caught. The digital trail we all have is exposed. 

Harrowing murders / subject but reassuring as to how the police work. 
  • Caught up with Celebrity Race Across The World last night and I'm enjoying it but haven't really warmed to the 'celebrities' as previously. I'm a little tired of the whole back story thing too. 

I'm also mildly obsessed with Jeff Brazier's hair though. He's in one of the planet's most hot and humid environments sweeping up llama poo, yet he doesn't have a single hair out of place and looks like he's literally stepped out of the barbers. What sort of product is he using, superglue..? 
  • Day just got better…just celebrating today’s result and news comes on BBC that second series of Colin From Accounts starts on 3 September. Bliss!
    One of my favourites from the past couple of years, hilarious and genuinely moving. 
  • Ted Lasso series 4 is a step closer.

Options taken on 3 of the main characters. Still the American contingent to go but it’s a first step by apple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Day just got better…just celebrating today’s result and news comes on BBC that second series of Colin From Accounts starts on 3 September. Bliss!
    Excellent 
  • Just finished We Own This City. True story drama based on corruption in the Baltimore police dept. For fans of The Wire. 
  • New Series of Rings of Power is available from today, with the first three Episodes out on Amazon Prime.

Not watched it yet, but did enjoy the first Season
  • What do people think of the first two episodes of the new series of Sherwood? I was really looking forward to it - but so far I don't like it. It seems to want to move into Peaky Blinders territory but Peaky Blinders was brilliant because it had bags of style and some stellar performances. This is just unremittingly grim, no real nod to the history of the society any more, and some of the acting is dire. The Daphne woman wears the permanent expression of someone who has just seen something too horrible to describe. 

Just me?
  • edited August 29
    Just watched episode one of Kaos. Cool idea and quite well done.
    Jeff Goldblum is, unsurprisingly, wonderful as Zeus.

Some interesting other casting too. Lots of Brits involved. Billie Piper was pretty good and there was a young guy who looked really familiar, but I couldn’t place. I said to my better half that he reminded me of the comedian Mahaan Rizwan. Turns out, it’s his brother Nabhaan!

Strong start to the series imo. I’d happily binge it, but ladyromford says she doesn’t have the energy!
  • What do people think of the first two episodes of the new series of Sherwood? I was really looking forward to it - but so far I don't like it. It seems to want to move into Peaky Blinders territory but Peaky Blinders was brilliant because it had bags of style and some stellar performances. This is just unremittingly grim, no real nod to the history of the society any more, and some of the acting is dire. The Daphne woman wears the permanent expression of someone who has just seen something too horrible to describe. 

Just me?
    Think it's another case of BBC being surprised by the success of the first series and gets the writer to bang off another story to follow up on that success. Whilst the first Sherwood was a rather subtle examination of a breakdown of a community and the simmering enmity caused by the miners' strike nearly 40 years ago, this current series is a rather witless gangland tale with (major) characters from the first series shoehorned in, probably because they are the big name actors.    
  • Colin from Accounts series 2     BBC2 10pm Tuesday (tomorrow). 
  • edited September 2
    What do people think of the first two episodes of the new series of Sherwood? I was really looking forward to it - but so far I don't like it. It seems to want to move into Peaky Blinders territory but Peaky Blinders was brilliant because it had bags of style and some stellar performances. This is just unremittingly grim, no real nod to the history of the society any more, and some of the acting is dire. The Daphne woman wears the permanent expression of someone who has just seen something too horrible to describe. 

Just me?
    the new series is awful, unrealistic and i m o woeful .. for example we have a white gangster family (the Bransons) executing the black step mother (and her brother) of a rival white gangster who shot and killed the son of the Bransons, and then the nephew of the Bransons who was involved in the aforementioned executions, being stabbed in the back (with a pair of hedge pruning shears) by the downs syndrome sister of the gangster who killed young Branson .. still with me ? ..
    Oh, and the new Sheriff of Nottingham is a young lady in a lesbian relationship ..
    I appreciate that one must allow a big chunk of poetic licence when watching TV drama, but really ! .. I am going to use the forbidden W word .. Sherwood has become too woke to  be taken seriously .. added to this as @PragueAddick says, the acting is dire, I suspect that the cast cannot work up any enthusiasm for this turkey of a programme 

Just me?
    the new series is awful, unrealistic and i m o woeful .. for example we have a white gangster family (the Bransons) executing the black step mother (and her brother) of a rival white gangster who shot and killed the son of the Bransons, and then the nephew of the Bransons who was involved in the aforementioned executions, being stabbed in the back (with a pair of hedge pruning shears) by the downs syndrome sister of the gangster who killed young Branson .. still with me ? ..
    Oh, and the new Sheriff of Nottingham is a young lady in a lesbian relationship ..
    I appreciate that one must allow a big chunk of poetic licence when watching TV drama, but really ! .. I am going to use the forbidden W word .. Sherwood has become too woke to  be taken seriously .. added to this as @PragueAddick says, the acting is dire, I suspect that the cast cannot work up any enthusiasm for this turkey of a programme 
    And the dodgy black police officer helping the white gangster family

Just me?
    And the dodgy black police officer helping the white gangster family
    ridiculous .. AND the black police chief superintendent who has hidden demons and is incapable of putting more than two words together at any one time .. what's next I wonder