Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Colin from Accounts series 2     BBC2 10pm Tuesday (tomorrow). 
    Looking forward to this
  • I'm enjoying Sherwood, though not having seen the first series, I haven't got something to compare it with.
  • Ha. Sherwood is too “woke”. And there I was, about to suggest that they ditched the mining related politics (which made S1 distinctive) on direction from “upstairs”.
    Its probably much more mundane - new series director maybe? Either way i swerved it last night and looks like it was the right call. 
  • Ha. Sherwood is too “woke”. And there I was, about to suggest that they ditched the mining related politics (which made S1 distinctive) on direction from “upstairs”.
    Its probably much more mundane - new series director maybe? Either way i swerved it last night and looks like it was the right call. 
    @PragueAddick I felt the same as you, but last night's episode was really good.
    Ah well I have it on record, so I’ll wait and see what you all say after it finishes. Instead I tried “Of Money and Blood” a French financial crime drama on SBS.. it wasn’t bad. Also French on SBS i liked Spies of Terror, a 5 part drama about tracking down the Batalan terrorists. 
  • Just watched The Footballer Fraudster - no not Rufus
  • lol, just channel flicked on Sherwood. I’d assumed from the title it was a Robin Hood themed drama 
    Ah well I have it on record, so I’ll wait and see what you all say after it finishes. Instead I tried “Of Money and Blood” a French financial crime drama on SBS.. it wasn’t bad. Also French on SBS i liked Spies of Terror, a 5 part drama about tracking down the Batalan terrorists. 
    We’ve only watched one ep of Sherwood but now the plot has seemingly been spoilt for the next few episodes before we’ve had a chance to watch maybe we won’t bother! 
  • Finding Daddy Issues quite amusing. 

On BBC1 if anyone has that?
    Unfortunately I don't have SBS.
  • Sponsored links:

Unfortunately I don't have SBS.
    Don’t you have a VPN, mate? If you do, you then just sign up and you’re good to go, Aussie😉 the only drawback then is the frequent clunky ad breaks. Rich source of content otherwise.

With a VPN you can also free yourself from the tyranny of Sky and “enjoy” Brownie’s in-game analysis…
  • Just thought I'd say that I'm enjoying Sherwood. I'm also enjoying Bad Monkey (Apple), in a turn off your brain kind of way...probably just 'cos I loved visiting Key West though...
  • Just thought I'd say that I'm enjoying Sherwood. I'm also enjoying Bad Monkey (Apple), in a turn off your brain kind of way...probably just 'cos I loved visiting Key West though...
    really enjoying Bad Monkey, but not so Sherwood, which is not a patch on the the first series and poorly written
  • Looking forward to The Penguin. TV spin off based on Colin Farrell's Penguin from the latest Batman film. Think its released on Sky Atlantic on 19/9. 

Also seen that the new series of Brassic is being advertised on Sky and says coming soon.

Still really enjoying Stags on Paramount+. 4 episodes out so far.

And finally Jamali Maddox has done a follow up to his Hate Thy Neighbour series for Dave. This time called Follow The Leader and investigating Cults. Releases on Dave on 19/9. Really liked the Hate Thy Neighbour stuff so looking forward to this one as well.
    It’s all on iPlayer now 
    It’s all on iPlayer now 
    Watched 5 of them - brilliant!
  • Lots of good stuff coming out now. Looking forward to Colin and Slow Horses. 

Not impressed by ep 1 of season 2 of Sherwood (thought the first series was pretty good). Far, far too much going on. 

Anyone watched Khaos on Netflix - really enjoying this. 
  • New series of Slow Horses starts this week on Apple TV
    Good start. 

I love GO’s character 😄
  • New series of Slow Horses starts this week on Apple TV
    Good start. 

I love GO’s character 😄
    Its one of my favourite shows of the last 20 years or more. Gary Oldman eats up the scenery whenever he is on screen. His power farting and Kirsten Scott Thomas's reaction to it is beautiful. Saskia Reeves runs Oldman a close second she acts her socks off in it. Told another fan of the show, a good pal, that she played Linda in ID, some serious vintage bintage. I won't sully the wholesome nature of the thread with his response 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fascinated by the Netflix series Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War.

It appears the shoot out in the OK Corral had a bearing on events in London with JP Morgan, Rothschild and Wells Fargo.  In my working life in telecoms, I visited all three - JP Morgan at Victoria embankment, Rothschild in St Swithin's Lane and Wells Fargo at London Wall. 

I mean, it's almost like I was there when the Earps and Doc Holliday faced off the Clanton boys and the McLaury brothers ... but hey, Raith C Chattonell rode outta town a long time ago.

A story that's much deeper than the 30 shots fired in just 20 seconds on the 26th October 1881 in Tombstone.  I recommend.

• Fascinated by the Netflix series Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War.

It appears the shoot out in the OK Corral had a bearing on events in London with JP Morgan, Rothschild and Wells Fargo.  In my working life in telecoms, I visited all three - JP Morgan at Victoria embankment, Rothschild in St Swithin's Lane and Wells Fargo at London Wall. 

I mean, it's almost like I was there when the Earps and Doc Holliday faced off the Clanton boys and the McLaury brothers ... but hey, Raith C Chattonell rode outta town a long time ago.

A story that's much deeper than the 30 shots fired in just 20 seconds on the 26th October 1881 in Tombstone.  I recommend.

Finished all 6 in a day. Awesome TV.
  • Watched the last episodes of the second series of Sherwood last night. 

What utter rubbish. 

The first series was good but this was a complete waste of time and ridiculous in nearly every aspect of the storyline.

• Just finished 'Severance on Apple TV, bloody superb! Well worth a watch. 

Stick with it for the early couple of episodes. 
  • robroy said:
    Just finished 'Severance on Apple TV, bloody superb! Well worth a watch. 

Stick with it for the early couple of episodes. 
    My favourite show of the last few years. The wait for season 2 has been inteeminable, but finally getting it in January apparently 
  • Rings of Power has been a good bit better than Season 1 so far IMO, pacing feels better and it feels less clunky. It's still not perfect but I'm enjoying more stuff from the Tolkien world even if it definitely isn't a Tolkien purist's show.
  • I know he is a proper Marmite Character, but the new Jack Whitehall show on Netflix is pretty good. Revisiting the me andy mum and dad stuff. This time focusing on the fact he has just become a dad. TBF the sweat lodge sequence with his mum was properly laughing out loud funny.
  • Industry - BBC Iplayer / other streaming services
    I started this earlier in the week, highly recommend it. It follows graduates who have 6 months to basically get a job within the finance firm, lots happening and some good actors/actresses 
    currently near the end of season 1, ill go 7.5/10 very easy to watch
  • Industry - BBC Iplayer / other streaming services
    I started this earlier in the week, highly recommend it. It follows graduates who have 6 months to basically get a job within the finance firm, lots happening and some good actors/actresses 
    currently near the end of season 1, ill go 7.5/10 very easy to watch
    ...And some right sorts in it!
  • Severance is the best new show of the last few years imo, it's a mystery technology based premise so might not be to everyone's taste tho