Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Champions: Full Gallop .. a must see for all horse racing fans .. Fridays ITV 1 or X
  • Enjoying High Country on IPlayer. It’s an Australian mystery drama.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    The Jetty  BBC1 just enough twists and turns to keep the interest, Jenna Coleman always very watchable, lots of familiar faces in the supporting cast but the effing sound balance or rather that should be total effing lack of any sound balance - dialogue is inaudible with volume below 50%, the rest of the time the musak is deafening so much so can't put down the remote - I'd have the subtitles on but that gets nixed by the domestic authority
    Episode 2's corpse will have wrong footed most of the viewers
    I've just watched the last 2 episodes and have to say that the longer it went on the better it got.
    Lots of twists and turns in the final episode. It ended up more than decent. 
  • Those About to Die, on Prime Video. Finding it very watchable. CGI on the chariot races is a bit ropey but other than that it looks and feels pretty good. Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton from GoT) is the main character and despite being a scumbag, has enough humanity about him to still make you want to root for him. 
  • edited July 22
    Decided to binge Part 1 of the Cobra Kai final season... Brilliant as the rest of the show

Frustrating that we've now got to wait for November for Part 2 of 3
  • Just finished End of Summer which we thought was v good. Not sure if we found it all the more intriguing because we first managed to watch episodes 3&4 on live TV thinking they were 1&2. We only realised our mistake when we downloaded episode 3 and thought, hang on, we’ve already seen this. 

Going back and watching from the beginning did help with character development, though given the flashbacks and dual timeline, the plot was still comprehensible. 
  • Decided to binge Part 1 of the Cobra Kai final season... Brilliant as the rest of the show

Finished it today, thought it was a little weak, just going over same things as before. Probably suggested not having a proper ‘bad guy’. Don’t hate it being in 2 parts but 3 a bit ridiculous. 
  • Decided to binge Part 1 of the Cobra Kai final season... Brilliant as the rest of the show

Finished it today, thought it was a little weak, just going over same things as before. Probably suggested not having a proper ‘bad guy’. Don’t hate it being in 2 parts but 3 a bit ridiculous. 
    I mean it’s kind of been, basically, the exact same storyline from the start. It’s just silly fun that you can put on for switch-your-brain-off entertainment.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    The Jetty  BBC1 just enough twists and turns to keep the interest, Jenna Coleman always very watchable, lots of familiar faces in the supporting cast but the effing sound balance or rather that should be total effing lack of any sound balance - dialogue is inaudible with volume below 50%, the rest of the time the musak is deafening so much so can't put down the remote - I'd have the subtitles on but that gets nixed by the domestic authority
    Episode 2's corpse will have wrong footed most of the viewers
    I've just watched the last 2 episodes and have to say that the longer it went on the better it got.
    Lots of twists and turns in the final episode. It ended up more than decent. 
    Yep, all in all I thought the Jetty was pretty good.

I really liked how they started the season by resolving the majority of the conflicts between the students, almost as a follow up to the end of the previous season - But then they ended it with the last two Episodes by realising that they'd fucked up, did it too quickly and rolled character progression back all over again.
  • Sponsored links:

I really liked how they started the season by resolving the majority of the conflicts between the students, almost as a follow up to the end of the previous season - But then they ended it with the last two Episodes by realising that they'd fucked up, did it too quickly and rolled character progression back all over again.
    Yeah I thought that, first couple could have been dragged out more which would have been a bit more entertaining. Seeing Johnny and Daniel argue over what method is best, who trains who etc was weak. Do agree with SE9 though, of course it's just light hearted fun. 
  • We watched Get Gotti on Netflix the other week - documentary all about the different law enforcements trying to prosecute John Gotti. Was decent and only 3 episodes so they didn't drag it out. Plenty of interviews with guys on both sides of the law and how they were trying to catch him and his cronies.

Pretty good - 7/10
  • Got into Sunny on Apple TV, wasn’t expecting to enjoy it. Highly recommend. 
  • Has anyone seen the Time Bandits remake on Apple TV? Loved the film back in the day, but cancelled Apple TV a while back and wondering whether it is worth resubscribing for a month to watch it.
  • Celebrity Race Across The World returns to BBC One and BBC iPlayer on Wednesday 14th August at 9pm.

The four new famous faces embarking on an epic 12,500 km race of a lifetime are: broadcaster Jeff Brazier and his son, Freddy; actor Kola Bokinni and his cousin, Mary Ellen; broadcaster Kelly Brook and her husband, Jeremy and Radio 2 host Scott Mills and his husband (then fiancé), Sam.

Their journey begins in Belém, Northern Brazil - the gateway to the Amazon - and will pass through five checkpoints across the length of South America, to reach the finish line in the Andes, Frutillar in Southern Chile.

• Caught up with 'Crossing Lines', which is very good and 'The Jetty' which is also good.
  • Loudermilk on Netflix is absolutely hilarious and brilliant.
  • Just found Silo - really impressed. Got a really well done pace to it, and the mystery is really well constructed. Six episodes in and already hooked. Along with Severance, Foundation and Slow Horses, Apple has made some cracking TV the last few years. 
  • Freddie Flintoff returns after his accident in Fields of Dreams, when he takes his team on tour.

Tuesday 13th August at 9pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.
  • Has anyone seen the Time Bandits remake on Apple TV? Loved the film back in the day, but cancelled Apple TV a while back and wondering whether it is worth resubscribing for a month to watch it.
    Only seen the first episode - very good I thought. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very very late to the party but finally caught up with This Town.
    Oh my word I loved it!
    Never came across most of the actors in it before but found them spot on.

It resonated on so many levels. My sister moved to Birmingham in 1980. I used to go up there at weekends on the National Express first with my parents & then alone (I was 10\11]. Her flat was in a tower block that overlooked the M6 just after junction 5! I spent days just hanging out with the locals, young & old, underneath the motorways by the canals. The music scene, the vibe, it was so edgy even to a youngster like me. It was so completely different to London. And the Irish thing, to which we & her then boyfriend were part of, was exactly as portrayed.

Wow, they nailed it. Bravo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Watched The Truth Vs Alex Jones on Sky Documentaries last night.

Following the lawsuit filed against Alex Jones for his comments around the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Primary School in 2012 being faked.

Tough watch and truly brings home how insane some Americans really are.
  • New series on Paramount. Stags. English group go on a stag do in an un named South American country and end up in some crazy hell hole prison. Black comedy/drama. Only two episodes out so far, but a pretty good start.
  • Series 4 of Emily in Paris on Netflix. Only 5 episodes.
    Watched the first 3 this morning. I love it and if you watched the first 3 series you won’t be disappointed.
  • New series on Paramount. Stags. English group go on a stag do in an un named South American country and end up in some crazy hell hole prison. Black comedy/drama. Only two episodes out so far, but a pretty good start.
    Yeah watched the first two and thought it was decent.
  • Freddie Flintoff returns after his accident in Fields of Dreams, when he takes his team on tour.

Loved watching this. Very uplifting tv.

Another thumbs up from me.
    The new series is really proving poignant what with Freddie's awful accident.

Another thumbs up from me.
    The new series is really proving poignant what with Freddie's awful accident.
    Watched episode 2 last night, enjoyed it. 
  • Not new as I see it was released in Oct 2022, but just watched Bad Sisters on Apple TV after it was recommended. A really good series.
  • Not new as I see it was released in Oct 2022, but just watched Bad Sisters on Apple TV after it was recommended. A really good series.
    New season out soon. Great watch.