Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

1361362363364365367»

Comments

• Options
    The storyline was rushed, I dont care enough yet about any of the characters except the little pocket droid. I'll end up triggering people but the casting is pure diversity casting and I find it a bit insulting,  mainly to the minorities involved, its impossible not to notice. The main protagonists have two mothers because, of course they do. So that's another box ticked but what distracted me most of all was a fire happily licking away. In space. Not an explosion that swiftly went in on itself, a crackling fire! I can accept Jedi wookies and green painted people, laser swords and an invisible energy source called the force, talking droids and even jar jar binks but fire in space. Nah

I'm probably doing a bad job of explaining it, you can have an amazing, interesting story with a diverse cast but when the story is limp and the main thing I'm taking is, wow, they have really made an effort to cast this in way a diversity lead would approve,  its a miss.

Ahsoka is an example of that, so is house of the dragon, game of thrones, better call Saul all driven along by incredible, string female leads and people who happen to be a darker skin pigmentation.
    My mate who is mega invested in all things star wars was ranting on about another angle I hadn't noticed and probably won't understand without reading comics or listening to hours of audio audiobooks or YouTube vvideos to do with bastardising the force but I sidnt understand that. Just sent back a thumbs up emoji 

• Options
    Started Obituary on Netflix. Black comedy set in Ireland.

Reporter at a local paper who writes Obituaries is forced to go free lance and get paid by the article, so she starts killing people to create her own content. 

First couple were pretty good.

One reviewer labelled it Dexter meets Bad Sisters!
    Really enjoyed it, also know the areas of Ballyshannon & Bundoran, where it was filmed, which is also weird watching.
  • Options
    Shed & Buried: Classic Cars
    total disappointment
    I've got a lot of time for most of Henry Cole's TV and his presenting, all pretty fluffy and inconsequential but plenty of credible entertainment
    Fuzz Townsend is actually a bus mechanic with a car restoration business and a dozen years or more on the telly doing just that
    His role in S&B:CC is baffling, he's not one of Henry's tribe of resto mates, he never gets his hands dirty just drives the van sometimes
    None of the 'restored' cars ever actually got sold on, some 'classic car dealer' gives a broad valuation and lo' & behold HC has 'made a tidy sum'.
    Guff, avoid.
  • Options
    Finally got round to watching Kin. Enjoyed the first series, some of it felt a bit nonsensical, but overall pretty good 
  • Options
    edited June 10
    The Responder is excellent.
    finale seemed a little too neat but with maybe a couple of strands from which a season 3 (not yet commissioned) could be spun...
  • Options
    Carter said:
    The storyline was rushed, I dont care enough yet about any of the characters except the little pocket droid. I'll end up triggering people but the casting is pure diversity casting and I find it a bit insulting,  mainly to the minorities involved, its impossible not to notice. The main protagonists have two mothers because, of course they do. So that's another box ticked but what distracted me most of all was a fire happily licking away. In space. Not an explosion that swiftly went in on itself, a crackling fire! I can accept Jedi wookies and green painted people, laser swords and an invisible energy source called the force, talking droids and even jar jar binks but fire in space. Nah

I'm probably doing a bad job of explaining it, you can have an amazing, interesting story with a diverse cast but when the story is limp and the main thing I'm taking is, wow, they have really made an effort to cast this in way a diversity lead would approve,  its a miss.

Ahsoka is an example of that, so is house of the dragon, game of thrones, better call Saul all driven along by incredible, string female leads and people who happen to be a darker skin pigmentation.
    My mate who is mega invested in all things star wars was ranting on about another angle I hadn't noticed and probably won't understand without reading comics or listening to hours of audio audiobooks or YouTube vvideos to do with bastardising the force but I sidnt understand that. Just sent back a thumbs up emoji 

I watched the first two episodes and it’s 100% box ticking. 
  • Options
    Watched episode one of 'The Diplomat.' Non comprende. 
  • Options
    Carter said:

I’ve actually quite enjoyed the first two episodes but you’re right, the box ticking is cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Watching the second series of Tour De France:Unchained. As before it's fascinating behind the scenes stuff and some cracking in race footage.

Even if you're not into cycling I'd recommend. 
  • Options
    Anyone watched Outer Range on Amazon ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I've just started the second series of this as well. Along with Dark I seem to be gravitating towards time travelling/alternative reality stuff at the moment. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I've just started the second series of this as well. Along with Dark I seem to be gravitating towards time travelling/alternative reality stuff at the moment. 
    Just finished first series. 
    Wish it wasn’t so damn dark - can barely see what is happening half the time 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Just finished first series. 
    Wish it wasn’t so damn dark - can barely see what is happening half the time 
    Half of it does seem to happen in the night. I wished I'd rewatched the last episode of S.1 before diving into S.2 tbh. It took me 3/4 of the first episode to start remembering who was who and what had happened. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I have, I quite enjoyed it, although it can be a bit slow in places. I just hope they’ve got an ending in mind - lots of unfinished business at the end of Season 2, and I hate it when the keep pushing on with endless plot twists until they run out of ratings, and it just disappears in a puff of smoke. 
  • Options
    Anyone watching Legacy? On Series 1 and it's a good Danish drama. Scandi Succession 
  • Options
    Has S7 been on yet?
  • Options
    Am enjoying Kin
  • Options
    Diving headlong into Traitors US series 2. The absolute state of these people... This could be very entertaining if the first episode is a marker
  • Options
    V good last episode of Inside No 9.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First 3 episodes of the new series of The Boys arrived on Prime today. Watched the first one and it's as good as ever.
  • Options
    Got Gotti on nettlix. 3 episode documentary on the take down of John Gotti by the FBI. Interesting if, like me, you're into mob/mafia stuff. 
  • Options
    Sad it's finished, some of my favourite ever TV.
  • Options
    Sad it's finished, some of my favourite ever TV.

Yes, hats off to Shearsmith and Pemberton for keeping up the creativity throughout all series.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Diving headlong into Traitors US series 2. The absolute state of these people... This could be very entertaining if the first episode is a marker
    started watching the first series just after our first series finished, but the fact most of them are reality stars already put me off
  • Options
    The Boys. More of the same brilliantly messed up stuff. Love it.