Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

1359360361362363365»

Comments

• Options
    Shardlake

Nothing majorly original re plot, but I do love a Tudor period drama so enjoyed it. Shame it was only 4 episodes, so hopefully another series soon.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    I wouldn't recommend Baby Reindeer.
    It was over hyped, dragged on too long and the mid to later episodes were unexpected, possibly unnecessary and yuk.
    Just my opinion. 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    That looks fun.

From the small clips it sounds like Karl Urban might possibly have been working on his accent too, which would make it a bit less grating. His “cockiwi” accent from previous seasons was pretty terrible. (Although, let’s be fair, not even close to the abomination that was Don Cheadle’s Basher in Ocean’s 11!)
    But the character supports Charlton and West Ham so he's bound to have a strange accent. Pwoppa Cockinee!! 😉
  • Options
    It was over hyped, dragged on too long and the mid to later episodes were unexpected, possibly unnecessary and yuk.
    Just my opinion. 
    I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Just my opinion. 
    I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that. I didnt have a problem with how graphic it was, I just didn't like it or feel any compulsion to watch the second episode. 
  • Options
    Second series of The Responder has been very enjoyable.
  • Options
    The 9th (and final) series of Inside No 9 starts tonight.
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Just binged the Tattooist of Auschwitz over the last couple of days, on Sky Atlantic

Beautiful story in what was a horrible setting.

I did like it when they showed characters, that had been sent to the Gas Chambers or had been executed, with them just standing, staring at the camera. Was almost done with the silent message of: "Dont forget about us, we did exist"
  • Options
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Bodkin on Netflix. Basically Only Murders in the Building transferred to an Irish Village and lots more swearing.

Very good so far.
  • Options
    Liked the first episode of Man in Full (based on an excellent book by Tom Wolfe) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 10
    Watched the first couple of episodes of Bodkin on Netflix. Basically Only Murders in the Building transferred to an Irish Village and lots more swearing.

Very good so far.
    Sounds right up my focain sráid.
  • Options
    Granite Harbour on BBC. Series 2 released so I decided to watch series 1 as I’d missed it first time round. Lasted half an hour. This is up there (down there?) with the most wooden, clichéd ham acting I think I’ve ever seen. Absolutely unwatchable. 
    Same re episode 1 of series 1 although think I lasted far less time
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Second series of The Responder has been very enjoyable.
    I enjoyed Blue Lights even is was a sentimentally unrealistic at times - thought Responder was much better 
  • Options
    The Responder is excellent.
  • Options
    Young Offenders season 4. Some genuinely funny moments a la Inbetweeners with impenetrable accents but too much saccharine/cheesy feel good plots. Past it’s sell by date. 
  • Options
    Granite Harbour on BBC. Series 2 released so I decided to watch series 1 as I’d missed it first time round. Lasted half an hour. This is up there (down there?) with the most wooden, clichéd ham acting I think I’ve ever seen. Absolutely unwatchable. 
    Same re episode 1 of series 1 although think I lasted far less time
    I made the mistake of watching all 3 episodes of Season 1. On a par with the awful London Kills. Weak plots and terrible acting and drives me mad when CID officers are addressed as 'Detective'.
  • Options
    Teaser Trailer is out for Rings of Power; Season 2 - Looks like the first of 8-Episodes will be released around 29th August
  • Options
    Tokyo Vice Season 2 has started on BBC 1. Took a while to catch up on the intricate threads of the plot, but just love the characters and the way they relate to each other. Having just visited Tokyo, it's a great reminder of the colour and vibrancy of this fantastic city.
  • Options
    Tokyo Vice Season 2 has started on BBC 1. Took a while to catch up on the intricate threads of the plot, but just love the characters and the way they relate to each other. Having just visited Tokyo, it's a great reminder of the colour and vibrancy of this fantastic city.
    I've just left Tokyo too. Will definitely look out for this. Enjoyed series one. How mental is Shubiya? :) 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the second series of Tokyo Vice, managed to watched it before arriving on BBC. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished watching "A Gentleman in Moscow"', 8 Episodes in total the last of which was released today; Ewan McGregor is great in the lead role - Really did fill the void left by Shogun.

Lovely ending too, just got to find something else now
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Just noticed that Shardlake is being advertised, starting on 1st May on Disney+.

I absolutely love the books (By CJ Sansom) and have thought for years that it deserves a tv series. I didn’t realise it was in the works, so I’m looking forward to this!
    Just finished this. Thought it was ok, if unspectacular, with some decent performances. I’m hoping it’ll get renewed though, because in my opinion, the first book is the worst of the collection, so fingers crossed the tv series will find its feet and improve in the same way.

One thing I found really jarring though - the theme music at the end. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I swear it was the music from the Avengers movies. I half expected the Hulk to drop in out of nowhere. 
    Very odd and totally out of place!

• Options
    Just binged the Tattooist of Auschwitz over the last couple of days, on Sky Atlantic

Beautiful story in what was a horrible setting.

I did like it when they showed characters, that had been sent to the Gas Chambers or had been executed, with them just standing, staring at the camera. Was almost done with the silent message of: "Dont forget about us, we did exist"
    I read the book and then to watch the series was even more chilling! 

Having been to Auschwitz myself, I believe it’s a place that everybody should visit in their lifetime to appreciate what those poor souls went through! In the halls they have the real time photos of the prisoners in the corridors, it is shocking seeing their ages, the date they arrived to the camp and the day they passed. Truly truly shocking! 
  • Options
    The Gathering (C4) was surprisingly good. 
  • Options
    The Gathering (C4) was surprisingly good. 
    Watched all episodes now. Really good interacting storylines covered so many current issues. Liverpool and Wirral backdrops were very good. I’d like to see anybody try to have a rave on Hilbre Island though  :)