Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• On my own here but i think mc mafia is poor.
  • Making my way through Lucifer. Very easy watching, a very British devil. I'm really enjoying it, a bit like The Mentalist
  • seth plum said:

On my own here but i think mc mafia is poor.

Not on your own. I watched the first episode and 5 mins of the second and was too bored to continue and I virtually always see a series through to the end once started.
  • cafc4life said:

Can't wait for Gomorrah. Best thing I've ever seen. Been waiting a year for series 3

Anyone know if the the first two seasons are available to watch anywhere?
  • cafc4life said:

Can't wait for Gomorrah. Best thing I've ever seen. Been waiting a year for series 3

It's available on catch up on SKY
  • seth plum said:

I'm enjoying it but I have to agree that James Norton is incredibly dull.
  • cafc4life said:

Sky box sets I believe . Can get it on DVD too . Highly recommend
  • Anyone see Next of Kin on ITV. Looked ok, but I had some problems with the reality of it all...........

Spoiler alert

Firstly, I know a lot of GP's & none live in a terrace townhouse on an estate. A 4/5 bed detached in a tree lined road is more like it.

Secondly, I doubt the British Embassy would know about the doctors kidnap within a couple of hours - the next day would be the earliest. Also, how come they are holding a welcome home party at tea time when he is flying in from Pakistan, I'm no travel expert but I would have thought from door to door you are looking at 8-10 hours. He was still talking to his sister at 1.30pm - I know he was supposed to be at the airport - was he flying by Concorde or by a De Lorean ?

Finally, why did the police go to that address - he lived with his wife someone else. I know the Met are good, but to turn up at his sister house within a couple of hour's of his kidnap is getting a bit beyond belief.
  • seth plum said:

With you on that Seth. Poor is being polite.
  • It's been out a few weeks now but I love Star Trek Discovery on Netflix, it's more like the recent films than the older tv versions.

I was pleased to find out that F.R.I.E.N.D.S is now available on Netflix too, my favourite tv show of all time.

As well as those, I'm watching the following (when I can)

Norsemen
    Lovesick
    Travelers
    The end of the fxxxing world

• Sponsored links:

• Thought Next Of Kin was absolute dog shit
  • seth plum said:

I think it's crap too
  • seth plum said:

I think it's crap too
    First episode was interesting, but has tailed off.
    Just waiting for him to be fully sucked in, possibly if his father dies, and then go through his inevitable redemption.
  • McMafia is in eight parts (I think) so may be a slow burner I definitely thought the third part was better and I am guessing that it will build up, BUT I agree so far it has been disappointing. Next of Kin was OK but too many plot holes to be believable. We watched Girlfriends last week and I thought it was absolute garbage a massive waste of TV time and the talent of three fine actors.
  • I have no particular sympathy for, and no real identification with the people in MacMafia, it has very little light and shade, and some pretty indulgent and cliched performances. Expensive production values may be a diversion, but not feeling any link with the characters is a weakness for me, not compensated by the programme being thought provoking.
  • Interesting comments about McMafia. Maybe I am enjoying it partly because I feel like I have a dog in the race with Prague playing such a key role, and the influence of Russian organised crime, and Russia generally being a hot topic here. Let's see. They have made a fiction drama out of a book which is a factual document. The author seems to be happy with it, that said. Le Carre was often not happy with the films of his books.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

I've heard that the poor/lazy translation on the subtitles doesn't do the real dialogue justice... will give it a watch and see!
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

I've heard that the poor/lazy translation on the subtitles doesn't do the real dialogue justice... will give it a watch and see!
    I couldn’t comment re the quality of the subtitles.....but Gomorrah is the best TV series I’ve seen sine Sopranos.

If you’re starting from scratch - give the film a watch too.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

I couldn’t comment re the quality of the subtitles.....but Gomorrah is the best TV series I’ve seen sine Sopranos.

Will do. The Sopranos is the greatest series ever IMO so looking forward to it!
  • McBobbin said:

New series of inside no. 9 starts tomorrow. Quality program

Saw last nights episode. Very good - in fact excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I have no particular sympathy for, and no real identification with the people in MacMafia, it has very little light and shade, and some pretty indulgent and cliched performances. Expensive production values may be a diversion, but not feeling any link with the characters is a weakness for me, not compensated by the programme being thought provoking.

Exactly what I thought after episode 1.
    I was thinking I really don't care what happens to any of these characters, so why I am watching ?
  • Kiri. Very good I thought. Either Sarah Lancashire is wearing padding or she's filled out a lot since Happy Valley.
  • I’m finding Miriam Margolyes ‘American road trip’ on BBC 1 very insightful.
  • Hard Sun. What a load of shite!

Tad harsh, but I was looking forward to the billed “post-apocalypse” and it’s pre-apocalypse.
  • Hard Sun. What a load of shite!

Tad harsh, but I was looking forward to the billed “post-apocalypse” and it’s pre-apocalypse.
    You've got to have a pre-apocalypse before you can have a post-apocalypse.
  • I know it's a cliched storyline and most episodes are pretty similar etc. but I love Death in Paradise.

Up to series 7? I think.

Love it and I don't care who knows. Lol
  • edited January 2018
    Just 2/3 way through last Top of the Lakes. Brilliant!!! Nicole Kidman is superb, still a Hollywood star but only 4th female lead. Absolutely chilling about sex industry without being remotely exploitative. Directed by Jane Campion.
  • Altered Carbon starts on Netflix in Feb. A Blade Runner style tv series with Joel Kinnaman in the lead role. Looks good:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4
  • edited January 2018

I know it's a cliched storyline and most episodes are pretty similar etc. but I love Death in Paradise.

Up to series 7? I think.

Love it and I don't care who knows. Lol

My kids have renamed it "Give our poor British Actors a Carribbean holiday"
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Will do. The Sopranos is the greatest series ever IMO so looking forward to it!
    Better than Top Cat? I think not.