Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watched the new league of gentlemen, brilliant not like some of the other shows they have brought back.

Call me cynical, but I find it difficult to believe you can get that many olives up somebody's bumhole.
  • Watched the new league of gentlemen, brilliant not like some of the other shows they have brought back.

Call me cynical, but I find it difficult to believe you can get that many olives up somebody's bumhole.
    Don't forget room for dessert.
  • Binge watched The Night Manager yesterday which was pretty good. Just finished the first episode of Bosch on Amazon.
  • Just finished the second series of Stranger Things. Anyone else get a bid bored with it? It just seemed very repetitive.
  • I've watched the first couple of episodes of Godless. Great show so far and Jeff Daniels is a genuinely scary baddie.
  • Talal said:

Just finished the second series of Stranger Things. Anyone else get a bid bored with it? It just seemed very repetitive.

Enjoyed it, looking forward to the next series.

Somehow this show managed to pass me by when first broadcast, really enjoyed the new episodes so may have to get the box set.
  • Can't remember whether the final series of The Tunnel has received any comments .

We've just finished watching it & can thoroughly recommend.

It's just an American version of the Bridge though.
    Anglo-French, seeing as the tunnel in question goes from England to France?
  • edited January 2018
    New series of Black mirror is unbelievable. Watch it now.
    Hang the DJ!!!!!
  • What did you think of the latest series of Spiral then @PragueAddick @bolloxbolder ?

Good to see all the familiar faces still in it...especially Audrey's.

• Sponsored links:

• Second season of Travelers on Netflix. A show that is easy to binge watch. Intelligent sci fi.
  • johnny73 said:

Second season of Travelers on Netflix. A show that is easy to binge watch. Intelligent sci fi.

That's next up for me then.
  • edited January 2018

What did you think of the latest series of Spiral then @PragueAddick @bolloxbolder ?

Two cracking episodes. Trying to keep this spoiler-free, shame to see person verb that object but then person's always been a bit suspect.
  • McMafia looks interesting. Starting tonight on BBC1
  • edited January 2018

What did you think of the latest series of Spiral then @PragueAddick @bolloxbolder ?

Two cracking episodes. Trying to keep this spoiler-free, shame to see person verb that object but then person's always been a bit suspect.
    It was a very strong opening couple of episodes agreed. I think one of the whole strengths of the programme is that they are all flawed/damaged characters in some way so you can identify with them much more than some ridiculously glamourous detective living in a fantastic apartment in Miami or whatever.
  • Only managed to see first episode of Spiral but a good start. Looking forward to McMafia tonight.
  • Actually I thought the first episode of Spiral was a bit lacking in tension by its usual high standards but episode 2 got things moving. All the aspects we love about it: the flawed characters, the unflinching portrayal of Paris's gritty side, and the glory of Audrey Fleurot, are all present and correct :-)

Also looking forward to McMafia. If you've ready Misha Glenny's book you'll be pleased to know he is happy with the TV series, and said he was consulted on every major incident for authenticity.
  • New series of inside no. 9 starts tomorrow. Quality program
  • Actually I thought the first episode of Spiral was a bit lacking in tension by its usual high standards but episode 2 got things moving. All the aspects we love about it: the flawed characters, the unflinching portrayal of Paris's gritty side, and the glory of Audrey Fleurot, are all present and correct :-)

Also looking forward to McMafia. If you've ready Misha Glenny's book you'll be pleased to know he is happy with the TV series, and said he was consulted on every major incident for authenticity.

Enjoyed the first episode of McMafia. Good start so far. Budget must have been a fair amount considering the locations already used.
  • If people enjoy the character of the male cop Gilou in Spiral, then I recommend a series called Paris on All 4 where he investigates serial killings, mixed in with his complicated personal life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched last nights episode of McMafia tonight and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of it.
  • McBobbin said:

New series of inside no. 9 starts tomorrow. Quality program

On now. Utterly screwed up genius.
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

New series of inside no. 9 starts tomorrow. Quality program

On now. Utterly screwed up genius.
    That was like Shakespeare on acid.
  • New series of Black mirror is unbelievable. Watch it now.
    Hang the DJ!!!!!

Seen the first 4 so far. Really enjoyed them all except the 3rd one so far, which I thought wasn't quite up to the usual very high standards.

I love the originality of Black Mirror, it isn't just the same old crap repackaged and it also plants a little seed of worry about what future technological developments have in store for us - some of them seem very feasable, especially Arkangel (sp).

Looking forward to the last two.
  • I've really been looking forward to Inside no. 9 restarting and have not been let down. that first episode was absolutely superb
  • In episode 2, the Czech guy whom Godman wants to do biz with is played by Karel Roden, one of the country's most respected actors. Good casting, although I would love to hear his personal thoughts on portraying Prague as basically captured by Russian gangsters. For sure there is a lot of truth in it, especially at retail level.

Generally some people might now start to understand why I am a bit lary of Putin's Russia.
  • Second series of "A night with my ex" started on C5 last night.

Great viewing for anyone who has broken up with someone & had "unfinished business" and wanted to know why things went wrong.
  • In episode 2, the Czech guy whom Godman wants to do biz with is played by Karel Roden, one of the country's most respected actors. Good casting, although I would love to hear his personal thoughts on portraying Prague as basically captured by Russian gangsters. For sure there is a lot of truth in it, especially at retail level.

Generally some people might now start to understand why I am a bit lary of Putin's Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/03/mcmafia-tv-bbc-russian-organised-crime-uk

Don’t know if you spotted this Prague. Good insight. Excellent series by the BBC.

Russians were all over Sofia when I was based there. Huge Embassy compound. Top of the range motors outside various clubs. Giving it large. Surprisingly never got hassled by the local police! Properties on the Black Sea coast were a big thing then. Also an ideal route for smuggling whatever into Western Europe.

The ex Czech cop is loosely based on a real person apparently.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-true-is-mcmafia-7b7fm0jgw?shareToken=9eb27360b27a7801461c858f628624e5
  • Chaz Hill said:

In episode 2, the Czech guy whom Godman wants to do biz with is played by Karel Roden, one of the country's most respected actors. Good casting, although I would love to hear his personal thoughts on portraying Prague as basically captured by Russian gangsters. For sure there is a lot of truth in it, especially at retail level.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/03/mcmafia-tv-bbc-russian-organised-crime-uk

Don’t know if you spotted this Prague. Good insight. Excellent series by the BBC.

Russians were all over Sofia when I was based there. Huge Embassy compound. Top of the range motors outside various clubs. Giving it large. Surprisingly never got hassled by the local police! Properties on the Black Sea coast were a big thing then. Also an ideal route for smuggling whatever into Western Europe.
    When were you based in Sofia? I'm very fond of the place, with a couple of great long standing friends from there, not to mention an old girlfriend who remains dangerously fit and continuously unfathomable.

The Russians have always felt more comfortable in Bulgaria than in the other ex Warsaw Pact countries, same Cyrillic alphabet, Orthodox church, lack of modern democratic tradition. The Czechs on the other hand, many of them seriously hate Russians. My wife for starters. It's primal. If she hears Russian being spoken her face darkens. I'm not letting her near McMafia, told her it's too violent, although she's proud that Karel Roden got a gig. They stay a bit lower profile here, but they are here big time for sure. Went to a new craft beer pub in our locality, simply decked out with Scandi pine furniture, student crowd, hard working Czech husband and wife team. We decided to leave, my Czech buddy Mad Vincent went for a piss, located downstairs. When he got there he found a big basement room with one large table, and sitting round it, a large group of Russians. It might not seem so strange, describing it here, but for Vincent it was a big WTF moment. We won't return. But again, the Communists still poll 15% here, you've got 40 plus Russian disinformation websites operating in plain sight, and quite a few politicians with shadowy links to Moscow.

Anyway, McMafia is all too authentic, certainly the Prague bit.