Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just binge watched Salvation on Netflix. Absolute tosh but really enjoyed it.
  • A Night Of.. Binged watched it this weekend. A look into the world of NYC police, their blinkered investigation, cheap but loveable lawyers, freedom and prison. Was good. Just 8 episodes an hour each.
  • Just caught up with the episodes of Witnesses we missed on the way back from Scunthorpe.

Thought it was very good & looking forward to the next one.
  • Just finished Suburra on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic series . Highly recommend

Is this about a Korean car company?
  • Season 2 of Designated Survivor. It's like crack cocaine, you know it's no good for you but you can't stay away.

Agreed, it's like an exact cross between the west wing and 24, but nowhere near as good as either. They have stolen so many stories from the west wing that I've lost count...but, i never miss it and looking forward to the episode this week immensely.
  • Season 2 of Designated Survivor. It's like crack cocaine, you know it's no good for you but you can't stay away.

Agreed, it's like an exact cross between the west wing and 24, but nowhere near as good as either. They have stolen so many stories from the west wing that I've lost count...but, i never miss it and looking forward to the episode this week immensely.
    Exactly as you both describe, season 2 is just super cheesy but I can't put it down. I should have quit after season 1
  • Just watched Storyville:Last men in Aleppo on iPlayer.

Christ that was a hard watch.
    Compelling but shockingly sad.
  • edited November 2017

Been watching BBC 2 crime programme "The Chillenden Murders" about the killing of Lyn & Megan Russell in Kent 20 years ago. Michael Stone is in prison for their murder and the evidence against him is not just flimsy but shockingly non-existent. No DNA evidence, no formal ID & the car sighted in the area doesnt match the one he owned or had access to.

I hope he gets granted an appeal.

Was going to say the same Golf. Good two-parter.

I was always uneasy with his conviction. Now I'm 99.9% sure he didn't do it, or at a minimum should not have been found guilty.

Watched this last night. Stone is clearly not a nice person, but there is no way he did it - the complete lack of evidence proves that.

And yet 2 juries bought into the alleged prison confession, apparently disregarding the lack of any evidence linking Stone to the crime scene.
    At face value it beggars belief.
    Also, the "missing" bootlace has rather sinister implications.
    Excellent programme.
    his lawyers are saying they have compelling evidence that Levi Bellfield committed the attack, in prison for killing Milly Dowler, Marsha McDonnell and Amelie Delagrange and the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy. Hopefully Stone will get an appeal as the 'evidence' in my opinion was flimsy at best and non-existent at worst.
  • BBC Wales Investigates: 'The Russell murders' will be broadcast on Thursday at 20:30 GMT on BBC One Wales and the BBC iPlayer
  • Sponsored links:

• Some sort of confession from a fellow prisoner in side with Bellfield apparently.
    Also a description of him nearby from a witness at the time 'missed' by Kent police.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

2 episodes into Ozark, it's alright but don't think Jason Bateman's performance is all that good so far.

It gets better. I nearly gave up after three episodes but stuck with it and glad I did.

Talal said:

2 episodes into Ozark, it's alright but don't think Jason Bateman's performance is all that good so far.

It gets better. I nearly gave up after three episodes but stuck with it and glad I did.
    It really doesn't
    Interesting, I'll get back to you!
    Definitely a few slow episodes that I struggled to fully concentrate on but enjoyed it overall.
  • Just watched Storyville:Last men in Aleppo on iPlayer.

Christ that was a hard watch.
    Compelling but shockingly sad.

Caught this the other day. An incredibly well presented documentary that brought home the absolutely awful situation ordinary people were going through. The shots of the barrel bombs being dropped and the subsequent devastation were simply staggering.

Documentary film making of the highest order and I would urge everyone to watch it.
  • Some sort of confession from a fellow prisoner in side with Bellfield apparently.
    Also a description of him nearby from a witness at the time 'missed' by Kent police.

Not easy to say, but I reckon that it didn't fit with their growing thinking that it was Stone and so didn't bother to follow it up.
  • Just binged Punisher - it was pretty good. Not fantastic but better than the other marvel shite on Netflix
  • Just finished The Sinner which was good. Now starting Godless which has been getting decent reviews. Both on Netflix
  • Anyone watched Dark on Netflix? German drama about missing children. Haven't seen it but wondered if it's worth me getting involved or one to swerve
  • cafc4life said:

Anyone watched Dark on Netflix? German drama about missing children. Haven't seen it but wondered if it's worth me getting involved or one to swerve

On my list. Meant to be good.
    Apparently it is better to watch with subtitles as opposed to the dodgy English dub that is also available.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

Anyone watched Dark on Netflix? German drama about missing children. Haven't seen it but wondered if it's worth me getting involved or one to swerve

cafc4life said:

Apparently it is better to watch with subtitles as opposed to the dodgy English dub that is also available.
    Watched 4 episodes now and it's brilliant!

Can't compare it to stranger things coz haven't seen it.
    For me it has a lot of the qualities Lost had.
    By that I mean it switches from different twines of the story in each episode but each twine is gripping. It's nonstop for 50 or so minutes!
    Well worth a look.

P.S -and they were right about the English dub.
    Stick to the German audio with English subs.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

By that I mean it switches from different twines of the story in each episode but each twine is gripping. It's nonstop for 50 or so minutes!
    Well worth a look.

I might give it a go this weekend then! Nice one
  • I think the title of the thread needs to be changed as I doubt many of you are viewing your netflix or boxsets on an actual television.
  • seth plum said:

Just watched another (the latest) episode of the 'situation comedy' Detectorists.
    It is a total class piece of work, without any weaknesses unless you have pre conceived ideas about what such a programme 'should' be like.
    MacKenzie Crook is writer director and actor but it is obvious that without good collaboration with a stellar cast it wouldn't happen.
    The commissioning person deserves an award, and it is the BBC at it's finest.

We enjoy this programme. We have bought our youngest grandson a metal detector for Christmas as he has wanted one for some time now.

I could be doing the "gold dance" by the end of boxing day :smile:
  • seth plum said:

Just watched another (the latest) episode of the 'situation comedy' Detectorists.
    It is a total class piece of work, without any weaknesses unless you have pre conceived ideas about what such a programme 'should' be like.
    MacKenzie Crook is writer director and actor but it is obvious that without good collaboration with a stellar cast it wouldn't happen.

We enjoy this programme. We have bought our youngest grandson a metal detector for Christmas as he has wanted one for some time now.

That's a coincidence !

We've bought our middle grandson, 9 year old Louis, one too !
  • enjoying Witnesses so thanks to whoever gave the heads-up to it
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Well worth a look.

We've watched the whole series, dubbing and all.

Enjoyed first 4 or 5 but it began to get confusing after that.

Mr F watched until the bitter end but I fell asleep during the last 2 episodes.....aided by my evening glass of wine, no doubt.

Decided we need to watch it all again & hopefully might be able to make more sense of it then.

Good luck to those currently watching.
  • seth plum said:

That's a coincidence !

It's meant to be written as Louis XII
  • MrOneLung said:

seth plum said:

That's a coincidence !

It's meant to be written as Louis XII
    Think you mean IX, MOL !

Didn't you take Latin at DGS ?