Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just watched the first episode of season 2 of stranger things. Glad it's back!

I love stranger things but when does something cross the line from paying tribute to other things and just become a rip off? The trick or treat thing was very E.T and the party was very similar to the one in 13 reasons why.
  • For those who like quirky comedy the new series of The Detectorists is on BBC 4 next Wednesday at 10pm.
  • Surprised they've put it on BBC4
    I know that's where it started but they recently repeated Series 1 and 2 on BBC2 and got decent viewing figures. Thought they'd put it there.

Fantastic series though. One of my favourites the last few years without a doubt.
    And I'd never have known about it without this thread.
  • Surprised they've put it on BBC4
    I know that's where it started but they recently repeated Series 1 and 2 on BBC2 and got decent viewing figures. Thought they'd put it there.

Fantastic series though. One of my favourites the last few years without a doubt.
    And I'd never have known about it without this thread.

Totally agree, Steve. One of Mr F's favourites.

Currently watching the first 3 episodes of Mindhunter on Netflix....certainly different !
  • Just caught up with Blue Planet. What an incredible series. Worth the license fee alone
  • Just watched the latest episode of Man Down. Made me laugh so hard I think I've ruptured something.
  • Just caught up with Blue Planet. What an incredible series. Worth the license fee alone

You would buy the DVD for 130 odd quid?
  • For those who like quirky comedy the new series of The Detectorists is on BBC 4 next Wednesday at 10pm.

Reminder for Detectorists fans
    Tonight at 10

Tonight at 10
    From the clip I saw the other day it resembled a grown up version of The Inbetweeners & more suited to the 14-21 age group than a 50-something has-been like me.

Tonight at 10
    From the clip I saw the other day it resembled a grown up version of The Inbetweeners & more suited to the 14-21 age group than a 50-something has-been like me.
    No chance, 14 - 21's would not like it, my son is 30 and he cant stand it.
  • Sponsored links:

Tonight at 10
    What clip did you watch - doesn't sound like the same program.

Tonight at 10
    You couldn’t be more wrong
  • Enjoyed tonight's episode - love the pace of it.

Tonight at 10
    What clip did you watch - doesn't sound like the same program.

An un-exploded bomb was found & cordoned off to keep people away. One character then says........"don't worry, I think I can get under that"

As Basil Fawlty once said................" you read much Oscar Wilde ?"
  • Sicknote, started a couple of days ago i think on Skyone. Good cast, comedy about Rupert Grint(Ron from Harry Potter) who gets diagnosed, but then finds out he wasn't but is living a lie as his life gets better when people think he was ill. Worth a watch a bit funny not in the same league as Inbetweeners in that sense but still not bad first episode.
  • I've had Big Little Lies on my sky planner for months now and never really fancied it. Started watching it last night and it's brilliant. Reese Witherspoon is so bitchy !
  • I've had Big Little Lies on my sky planner for months now and never really fancied it. Started watching it last night and it's brilliant. Reese Witherspoon is so bitchy !

It’s brilliant! I watched the last ep 3 times and still won’t delete it as could easily watch it again. Hated them all in the first ep, annoying whiney, ‘perfect’ Americans but really changed as the series continued.
  • edited November 2017
    Just came across this very useful website which covers TV crime dramas, including what's coming up and when (something the BBC are useless at, on the web)

Next Saturday sees the return of Witnesses, the French crime drama set up on the Northern coast where the weather is like Ramsgate on a bad day. And Audrey Fleurot is in it. First series was on C4, but BBC4 has nabbed this series

But the website then asks, where is the new series of Spiral, which debuted in France this month? Because it seems The Bridge new series starts early Jan, and they probably only want to run one at a time.

They don't have an update on "Trapped" the Icelandic drama, but Series 2 is in production, probably at least ayear away for us.

It also doesn't cover "Occupied" the excellent Norwegian drama about the country being effectively annexed by the Russians, but there is a second series of that just started in Norway. They bloody better bring it on to British TV too, and sod what the Russian Embassy thinks about it. Can't remember whether that was BBC or C4 first time round.

Good website, follows British as well as foreign crime drama.

And not a good time for the series link function on my digibox to be playing up...
  • That’s a great find PA. Thanks
  • 2 episodes into Ozark, it's alright but don't think Jason Bateman's performance is all that good so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

2 episodes into Ozark, it's alright but don't think Jason Bateman's performance is all that good so far.

It gets better. I nearly gave up after three episodes but stuck with it and glad I did.
  • Talal said:

2 episodes into Ozark, it's alright but don't think Jason Bateman's performance is all that good so far.

It gets better. I nearly gave up after three episodes but stuck with it and glad I did.
    It really doesn't
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

It really doesn't
    Interesting, I'll get back to you!
  • Talal said:

The last episode is fantastic but overall it’s a very very slow burner
  • edited November 2017
    Loved The Punisher. Absolutely brutal violence. Fairly obvious where it is going but enjoyable.
  • Don’t usually look on this thread but I strongly recommend Babylon Berlin. German with English sub-titles. Superb sense of time and place, interesting plot strands, very stylish.
  • altho i watch it i find The Detectorists bland certainly not quirky as someone described it.
    Am liking The Deuce but can only pick up one word in ten ...
  • Davo55 said:

Don’t usually look on this thread but I strongly recommend Babylon Berlin. German with English sub-titles. Superb sense of time and place, interesting plot strands, very stylish.

And who has broadcast it, Davo?

• Just over half-way through the second series of Green Wing. Ms AA and I are wondering what to go with next for our weekly dose of surreal, laugh-out-loud comedy.

Although we watched a lot of it when it was originally broadcast, I haven't remember anything except for the bit with the ambulance at the end of season 1. I wonder if I'm going senile.
  • Three episodes into The Defenders. The comic never caught my imagination, I wasn't a fan of the individual comics except for Frank Miller's Daredevil, but I do like what Marvel and Neflix have done with these characters and I'm enjoying this so far.