Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Of course I was referring to Louis One Two
  • Some sort of confession from a fellow prisoner in side with Bellfield apparently.
    Also a description of him nearby from a witness at the time 'missed' by Kent police.

Not easy to say, but I reckon that it didn't fit with their growing thinking that it was Stone and so didn't bother to follow it up.
    Incompetence (at best), corruption (at worst) in the police? Surely not?
  • Just caught up with Chance.
    Series 1 was great, still watching series 2 - enjoyable but I am reaching a point where hope there isn't a 3rd series. Needs to conclude now.
    "D" is a great character.
  • Bancroft - good start, think it's going to be good. Also like it's on four consecutive nights.
  • Bancroft - good start, think it's going to be good. Also like it's on four consecutive nights.

She done it - old copper covered it up - young copper finds out -ends in a fight.

Oh, and the forensic scientist is working for the bad guy.

and whilst we're at it - Love,lies & records on BBC1............ the black girl who made the cup of tea & didn't see anything - she's in on the fake wedding scam.
  • Not a series, just a 2 parter - story of Concorde on C5. Never flew in one but now wish I had. I did get a look around one when I was about 10 years old at the Fleet Air Museum though.

Didn't realise that the Government basically gave Concorde to BA for nothing in the late 70's & it cost billions not only to build but to run as well. Documentary didn't say whether we, the taxpayer, ever got any money back as Hesletine did say that the agreement was that once is was in profit BA had to share the money with the Government.

Most interesting thing was why it stopped flying. Air crash in France, caused by a tyre being ripped to shreds from a bit of metal that was on the runway & had fallen off a DC10 just minutes before (and was badly attached to that aircraft in the first place), French pilot had also filled the fuel tanks to the maximum (something that is never done) so when the shredded tyre hit the fuel tanks the fuel had nowhere to go to & so punctured a hole in the tanks, causing it to split out over the engine, burn & cause the engine to fail.

Then, incredibly, after 15 months of being out of service & having had some changes made to the tyres & fuel tanks, the test flight took place on september 11th 2001..........yep, twin towers day. Flights were grounded & lots of American refused to fly so passengers numbers dropped dramatically and both BA & Air France couldn't carry the losses.

As one of the pilots said - they thought the public wanted supersonic travel, get everywhere faster, but in reality EasyJet & Ryan have shown that all people want is cheap travel.

sad
  • Concorde looked amazing but was a financial disaster. Shame, really, as nothing compared to that throbbing roar as it came over South London around 5pm.
  • edited December 2017

cafc4life said:

Anyone watched Dark on Netflix? German drama about missing children. Haven't seen it but wondered if it's worth me getting involved or one to swerve

cafc4life said:

Anyone watched Dark on Netflix? German drama about missing children. Haven't seen it but wondered if it's worth me getting involved or one to swerve

On my list. Meant to be good.
    Apparently it is better to watch with subtitles as opposed to the dodgy English dub that is also available.
    Watched 4 episodes now and it's brilliant!

Can't compare it to stranger things coz haven't seen it.
    For me it has a lot of the qualities Lost had.
    By that I mean it switches from different twines of the story in each episode but each twine is gripping. It's nonstop for 50 or so minutes!
    Well worth a look.

P.S -and they were right about the English dub.
    Stick to the German audio with English subs.
    We've watched the whole series, dubbing and all.

Enjoyed first 4 or 5 but it began to get confusing after that.

Mr F watched until the bitter end but I fell asleep during the last 2 episodes.....aided by my evening glass of wine, no doubt.

Decided we need to watch it all again & hopefully might be able to make more sense of it then.

Good luck to those currently watching.
    Just got through it all. Does take some working out but I kind of see where they were/are going with it.
    Unwitting incest on another level!
    Takes a whole new angle on the phenomenon of time travel.

But I enjoyed it. Lots of creepy scenes of people out alone in the woods which is scary as shit but also gripping.

All set up for at least one more series but think it could run for a bit.

• edited December 2017
    Ive been hoping to find out when the second series of Danny Bakers Cradle to Grave was being broadcast (orig due 13/12/17) but it seems to have gone quiet.
  • cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

On my list. Meant to be good.
    Apparently it is better to watch with subtitles as opposed to the dodgy English dub that is also available.
    Watched 4 episodes now and it's brilliant!

Can't compare it to stranger things coz haven't seen it.
    For me it has a lot of the qualities Lost had.
    By that I mean it switches from different twines of the story in each episode but each twine is gripping. It's nonstop for 50 or so minutes!
    Well worth a look.

P.S -and they were right about the English dub.
    Stick to the German audio with English subs.
    Finally got round to watching the first episode and I really enjoyed it. Will carry on tonight with a few more. Agree that its better to watch in German with the subtitles. Has really eerie music throughout which I like
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

Ive been hoping to find out when the second series of Danny Bakers Cradle to Grave was being broadcast (orig due 13/12/17) but it seems to have gone quiet.

I don't think they have finished filming it yet . Might be something to do with a Peter Kay and some personal problems.
  • Not a series, just a 2 parter - story of Concorde on C5. Never flew in one but now wish I had. I did get a look around one when I was about 10 years old at the Fleet Air Museum though.

Didn't realise that the Government basically gave Concorde to BA for nothing in the late 70's & it cost billions not only to build but to run as well. Documentary didn't say whether we, the taxpayer, ever got any money back as Hesletine did say that the agreement was that once is was in profit BA had to share the money with the Government.

Most interesting thing was why it stopped flying. Air crash in France, caused by a tyre being ripped to shreds from a bit of metal that was on the runway & had fallen off a DC10 just minutes before (and was badly attached to that aircraft in the first place), French pilot had also filled the fuel tanks to the maximum (something that is never done) so when the shredded tyre hit the fuel tanks the fuel had nowhere to go to & so punctured a hole in the tanks, causing it to split out over the engine, burn & cause the engine to fail.

Then, incredibly, after 15 months of being out of service & having had some changes made to the tyres & fuel tanks, the test flight took place on september 11th 2001..........yep, twin towers day. Flights were grounded & lots of American refused to fly so passengers numbers dropped dramatically and both BA & Air France couldn't carry the losses.

As one of the pilots said - they thought the public wanted supersonic travel, get everywhere faster, but in reality EasyJet & Ryan have shown that all people want is cheap travel.

sad

Not only did BA get the Concorde stock for free, they never paid a sou for it, 6k each way to NY but "it never washed it's face yer 'onner". When they decided to stop the supersonic services, they muttered some unconvincing drivel about environmental concerns and Branson wanted to buy them off BA to keep the much loved and by now unique shape in the air. He near enough offered them 'name your price'. BA said no chiefly out of spite for decades before when Branson called them out and proved they were cheating the fuck out of Virgin and others at Heathrow. BA lied thru their corporate teeth about some technical shit "Virgin could never achieve", even flat refusing to sell him their now worthless stock of parts and spares. What effing difference did it make to BA if Branson wanted to spunk millions on smthn that mightn't work? All sorts of airliners remain in service with much older airframes and technology than Concorde's. C"ntishness of the lowest order. Plus the 2 worst flights of my entire life have both been on BA, if I never again get to fly with that disgrace to the Union Flag it'll be a day too soon.

sad

Not only did BA get the Concorde stock for free, they never paid a sou for it, 6k each way to NY but "it never washed it's face yer 'onner". When they decided to stop the supersonic services, they muttered some unconvincing drivel about environmental concerns and Branson wanted to buy them off BA to keep the much loved and by now unique shape in the air. He near enough offered them 'name your price'. BA said no chiefly out of spite for decades before when Branson called them out and proved they were cheating the fuck out of Virgin and others at Heathrow. BA lied thru their corporate teeth about some technical shit "Virgin could never achieve", even flat refusing to sell him their now worthless stock of parts and spares. What effing difference did it make to BA if Branson wanted to spunk millions on smthn that mightn't work? All sorts of airliners remain in service with much older airframes and technology than Concorde's. C"ntishness of the lowest order. Plus the 2 worst flights of my entire life have both been on BA, if I never again get to fly with that disgrace to the Union Flag it'll be a day too soon.
    Agree with you re worst flights being with BA. We got stuck at Jersey airport in the summer of 1989 due to an impromptu BA crew strike. Had to sleep overnight in the airport lounge & then the only flight they could give us the next morning was into Southampton & not Gatwick. Promised us onward transport only to find that when we got into Southampton nothing had been organised & we had to arrange our own taxi back to Gatwick. Bastards.

She done it - old copper covered it up - young copper finds out -ends in a fight.

and whilst we're at it - Love,lies & records on BBC1............ the black girl who made the cup of tea & didn't see anything - she's in on the fake wedding scam.
    no he didn't

no she isn't

other than that you are spot on !!

no he didn't

no she isn't

other than that you are spot on !!

I was at least right about one thing.

Does anyone think the younger Bancroft looks like an alien or android ?

Does anyone think the younger Bancroft looks like an alien or android ?
    Err, no, CE.

Just watched the final episode in the series & enjoyed it immensely.
  • thought that was a really disappointing ending.
  • Cracking latest episode of Designated Survivor, might even be the last of the series. Completely over the top but love it.
  • Nug said:

Cracking latest episode of Designated Survivor, might even be the last of the series. Completely over the top but love it.

I'm a couple of episodes behind. I do wonder if the cheesiness was planned, I think they're making it up as they go along now.

Mr Robot S3 has finished and was excellent. I wish it had a bit more acclaim, it's a great mix of suspense, art and innovation. Sadly it's exclusive to Amazon, if it was on Netflix it would be pretty popular.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just binge watched the first 4 episodes of The Tunnel series 3. Excellent so far.
  • Watched the first two episodes of El Chapo. Sets the second series up nicely.

El Chapo is great. They've made the second series but i don't think Netflix have picked it up yet.

El Chapo is great. They've made the second series but i don't think Netflix have picked it up yet.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. The second series was added yesterday. Enjoy!
  • Anyone got the start date for the new series of The Bridge? It's sometime early in the new year.

I'm looking forward to McMafia on BBC1, starts on New Years Day. I've got a feeling it might be something they commissioned when they realised they could not do a series 2 of the Night Manager (le Carre would never have gone along with that, you feel). So I'm expecting big budget, high production values, taking on topical global crime issues, like the Night Manager. But it will all come down to the screenplay.

I'm getting agitated though about the failure to announce the new series of Spiral. I think it has already completed in France. I like Witnesses, but surely it's not an either/or choice for BBC4?
  • edited December 2017
    I saw an article in August with a 50 second trailer stating series 4 of The Bridge would commence in Denmark on 1st January 2018.

Sorry I wasn't clear. The second series was added yesterday. Enjoy!
    Brilliant . Cheers

I can't watch Bancroft. I can't take Sarah Parish seriously after watching her in W1A .