Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Davo55 said:

Don’t usually look on this thread but I strongly recommend Babylon Berlin. German with English sub-titles. Superb sense of time and place, interesting plot strands, very stylish.

And who has broadcast it, Davo?

It's on Now TV.
  • Davo55 said:

Don’t usually look on this thread but I strongly recommend Babylon Berlin. German with English sub-titles. Superb sense of time and place, interesting plot strands, very stylish.

It's on Now TV.
    And what is that? Subscription job?

• Davo55 said:

It's on Now TV.
    And what is that? Subscription job?

It's on Sky Atlantic
  • edited November 2017

Davo55 said:

@PragueAddick Richard, it's on Sky Atlantic.

Edit - as Beds says. Beat me to it.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Thanks. Haven't got Sky. Hopefully You Tube will be my friend. I think I recall reading about this series, and would be very interested to see it.

• Just started The Sinner on Netflix after it had some very positive reviews at work. Really good so far
  • Finished The Sinner last week, it was pretty good, worth a watch.
  • ITV have hit the jackpot again !

Tonight at 8pm

Two of my all time things combined in one TV show .

Joe Brand and Cats And kittens....

WTF

Just when you though they had scraped the entire barrel clean will Paul O’Grady and dogs they come up with this shite. I hope she gets her eyes clawed out.
  • Anyone else been watching Motherland? Graham Linehan one of the writers. First two episodes very good
  • Watched the pilot last year when BBC2 had that week of pilot episodes.
    Can't stand Diane Morgan so my judgement was clouded.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Thanks. Haven't got Sky. Hopefully You Tube will be my friend. I think I recall reading about this series, and would be very interested to see it.

@PragueAddick try bmovies.to. Best with Firefox or Chrome and as many heavy-duty adblockers, pop-up blockers, etc. that you can add to the browser.
  • Godless on Netflix has started well. Woman out of Downton Abbey by all accounts but couldn't be more different set in the Wild West.
  • @moutuakilla Mr Robot season 3 has really improved on season 2, very tense, unpredictable and original. Shame it's only on Amazon, it deserves more acclaim.
  • Recommend Godless.
  • McBobbin said:

Anyone else been watching Motherland? Graham Linehan one of the writers. First two episodes very good

Think it’s excellent and funny. Spot on about the chaos of having young children for some whilst others find it so easy.

The clique of school Mums, the stay at home Dads and Julia’s husband that never has to look after the kids I can all identify with through past experiences.
  • RedPanda said:

@moutuakilla Mr Robot season 3 has really improved on season 2, very tense, unpredictable and original. Shame it's only on Amazon, it deserves more acclaim.

I'll have to check it out. I did think it went a bit off the rails in the second season
  • Just finished Suburra on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic series . Highly recommend
  • Just finished Suburra on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic series . Highly recommend

Is Suburra a film or series? Heard good things about it!
  • I think there was a film and then Netflix made a prequel series.
  • I think there was a film and then Netflix made a prequel series.

That’s right . The film is great in its own right but the series is better .
  • Sponsored links:

• For those who like quirky comedy the new series of The Detectorists is on BBC 4 next Wednesday at 10pm.

excellent comedy this. Can't believe it isn't on BBC One.

• I've had Big Little Lies on my sky planner for months now and never really fancied it. Started watching it last night and it's brilliant. Reese Witherspoon is so bitchy !

it was really good, can't wait for the second series.
  • McBobbin said:

Anyone else been watching Motherland? Graham Linehan one of the writers. First two episodes very good

yes, bit of an acquired taste but reasonable funny and commute friendly.

• Nug said:

Godless on Netflix has started well. Woman out of Downton Abbey by all accounts but couldn't be more different set in the Wild West.

Watched the first three. 5 stars so far. Great acting.

• Just came across this very useful website which covers TV crime dramas, including what's coming up and when (something the BBC are useless at, on the web)

Next Saturday sees the return of Witnesses, the French crime drama set up on the Northern coast where the weather is like Ramsgate on a bad day. And Audrey Fleurot is in it. First series was on C4, but BBC4 has nabbed this series

But the website then asks, where is the new series of Spiral, which debuted in France this month? Because it seems The Bridge new series starts early Jan, and they probably only want to run one at a time.

They don't have an update on "Trapped" the Icelandic drama, but Series 2 is in production, probably at least ayear away for us.

It also doesn't cover "Occupied" the excellent Norwegian drama about the country being effectively annexed by the Russians, but there is a second series of that just started in Norway. They bloody better bring it on to British TV too, and sod what the Russian Embassy thinks about it. Can't remember whether that was BBC or C4 first time round.

Good website, follows British as well as foreign crime drama.

And not a good time for the series link function on my digibox to be playing up...

Did anyone else you catch Witnesses over the weekend?

Only seen the first episode yet so no spoilers please but had a really strong start and a plot line that's a little 'different' shall we say. TBF I'd happily watch Audrey Fleurot reading out a telephone directory so i'm probably a little biased.

The series is very good , finished it about a month a go but nowhere near as good as Gomorrah in my opinion. Third series is out in Italy, desperately Waiting for it to be shown here now. One of the best things I've seen
  • cafc4life said:

Just finished Suburra on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic series . Highly recommend

The series is very good , finished it about a month a go but nowhere near as good as Gomorrah in my opinion. Third series is out in Italy, desperately Waiting for it to be shown here now. One of the best things I've seen
    Yeah, I watched the first episode of Suburra immediately after finishing season 2 of Gomorrah and it suffered by the comparison so I didn't continue. Should maybe give it another try.

• Yes witnesses excellent start and strongly recommended to any subtitle lovers. Audrey gorgeous as ever.
  • Jints said:

cafc4life said:

Just finished Suburra on Netflix. Absolutely fantastic series . Highly recommend

Yeah, I watched the first episode of Suburra immediately after finishing season 2 of Gomorrah and it suffered by the comparison so I didn't continue. Should maybe give it another try.

Definitely give it another go . It really is good
  • Yes witnesses excellent start and strongly recommended to any subtitle lovers. Audrey gorgeous as ever.

Hmm, funny enough, I have only seen episode 1 so far, but I am not quite as sold yet as you and @Bournemouth Addick. I wasn't so sold on the first series compared with Spiral either, but the BBC obviously believe in it as they took the trouble to grab it off C4 (and thus spare us the 4x 4 ad breaks)