Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watched five minutes of the new Porridge. Absolutely weapons grade shyte. Some decent actors in it too who should be hanging their heads in shame.
  • Watched five minutes of the new Porridge. Absolutely weapons grade shyte. Some decent actors in it too who should be hanging their heads in shame.

You should have read my earlier post & then you would have avoided the worst 5 mins of your life......... I did warn you !!
  • great new description ... 'weapons grade shyte' ..
    very pleasing that the English talent for poetic phrases is still alive and well ((:>) @Sillybilly
  • Watched the new walking dead series 8 episode this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it, finally picking up some pace after a good few boring fillers previously.
  • Watched the new walking dead series 8 episode this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it, finally picking up some pace after a good few boring fillers previously.

Don't worry they'll soon have 3 episodes where feck all happens to restore the natural order

Has series 10 just started this evening ??? how the feck can you have 10 series about a few people being hunted down by a pack of zombies !!! I remember watching the first ever episode and thought it ok but didn't get past episode two as I thought I'd seen it all by then. Jeez, John whatshisname must be milking it for all its worth.
  • Just caught up with the final episode of Rellik. Oh my god what a complete and utter load of nonsense...what a waste of time.

Only a shade better than - years ago - something like 23 episodes of "Invasion" before the ending petered out into nothing but a promise of Series Two which thankfully never materialised.
  • Just caught up with the final episode of Rellik. Oh my god what a complete and utter load of nonsense...what a waste of time.

Only a shade better than - years ago - something like 23 episodes of "Invasion" before the ending petered out into nothing but a promise of Series Two which thankfully never materialised.

I remember being gutted when that show got cancelled! Similar sort of time that Jericho got cancelled too, if only Netflix/Prime had been around and you could have enjoyed that second series ;)
  • edited October 2017
    Just finished Mindhunter. Really enjoyed it. Sometimes a bit style over substance but a good watch and only 10 episodes so hardly any fillers.
  • FYI for anyone that watched Gunpowder on the BBC
    The full series (3 episodes) is available on iplayer.
  • Sponsored links:

• FYI for anyone that watched Gunpowder on the BBC
    The full series (3 episodes) is available on iplayer.

Not watched the last one yet. But very good so far.
  • Just finished the second series of the Norwegian political drama Mammon, which is available on All 4. Really excellent 8 parter, although the plot is relatively complicated.

Also on there is an excellent French police series about serial killers called Dead Beautiful starring the deputy cop in the magnificent Spiral.
  • Hoping to finish Broadchurch tonight, after th first 2 seasons being fantastic watching, season 3 has been a bit of a let down, imo.

Gonna start Gunpowder tonight, I've heard good things!
  • Hoping to finish Broadchurch tonight, after th first 2 seasons being fantastic watching, season 3 has been a bit of a let down, imo.

I thought Season 2 of Broadchurch was awful. I only enjoyed season 1, 3 wasn't all that either.

Just finishing Ozark myself, average programme. Not sure where to go next, I never watched Dexter so might give that a true.
  • If you have Netflix and plenty of time to kill then Grimm is enjoyable for those who like Angel / Buffy type shows.

I thought Season 2 of Broadchurch was awful. I only enjoyed season 1, 3 wasn't all that either.

Just finishing Ozark myself, average programme. Not sure where to go next, I never watched Dexter so might give that a true.
    I really enjoyed Ozark and, IMO, the first 3 seasons of Dexter are fantastic, but it seems we don't share a similar taste :p

I really enjoyed Ozark and, IMO, the first 3 seasons of Dexter are fantastic, but it seems we don't share a similar taste :p
    I’m three episodes into Ozark. Nearly gave up as I found it very one dimensional but it’s beginning to pick up.

I’m three episodes into Ozark. Nearly gave up as I found it very one dimensional but it’s beginning to pick up.
    The final episode is brilliant
  • Anyone been watching Gameface on E4, 10pm on Thursday. Its a comedy, bit of a silly one but watchable.
  • Anyone been watching Gameface on E4, 10pm on Thursday. Its a comedy, bit of a silly one but watchable.

Yeah. Perfect description.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone caught second season of Jordskott?

I did don’t realise season 2 had started......need to catch up.
  • Has anyone caught second season of Jordskott?

I did don’t realise season 2 had started......need to catch up.

Is this a repeat of the series shown last year / earlier this year - it was about the policewomen coming back to where her child disappeared years before & investigating about the disappearance of another girl. As its on ITV encore I'm expecting it to be a repeat & not a new series.
  • It’s a new series mate.
  • just started the latest series of Scandal. Unbelievable plots but good viewing all the same.
  • Blue Planet II
    Starts in 15 minutes on BBC 1
  • So far, classic Attenborough
  • The Deuce is quality.......but I am really struggling to understand a lot of the dialogue. Amazing how they captured so accurately 1970s New York street life. A lot seems to be shot on location with whole streets taken over with 1970s Cadillacs and other cars from that period.
  • 'I know who you are' is back on BBC4 from Saturday November 4th
  • edited October 2017
    Just watched the first episode of season 2 of stranger things. Glad it's back!
  • Just watched the first episode of season 2 of stranger things. Glad it's back!

We've just watched the final 3 episodes & in fact all of them over 3 nights.

Absolutely my kind of thing ....well, stranger thing.

Loved the actors & the darkness but also the humour that surfaced at times.

Lots of parallels with "It" - both story lines using young teens battling against the forces of evil with both sets of characters well drawn & captivating in their own way.

Rumours of a 3rd series which I look forward to eagerly but with the hope that it doesn't disappoint.