Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Snowfall (BBC Sunday) looks as though it could be interesting .. or it could be just style over substance

I had the recorder set for that, but the recorder decides whether or not it will actually record things.

Anybody else watch it?

it's on iPlayer .. IF you can use that wherever you are ?
    Yes mate, when the VPN behaves, I can. I have now reset the recorder too, so hope it all works. Bad tech week, but I am fighting back :-)

The first time I visited the States was 1980 and to LA, a right bloody shock to the system that was, so I am really interested in seeing this.

• Porridge - BBC1 9.30.

only one word for it. Dreadful.

how they have the audacity to use the name is beyond me. I reckon Ronnie B would be turning in his grave. If that is what comedy is nowdays then I'll stick to the excellent documentaries as above.
  • Snowfall (BBC Sunday) looks as though it could be interesting .. or it could be just style over substance

I had the recorder set for that, but the recorder decides whether or not it will actually record things.

Anybody else watch it?

except you can't download it. What is the point of iplayer then?

• agree with Golfie, Porridge is dire but even so not as bad as Jack Dee's Bad House on ITV.
  • Cold Feet was excellent last night,

Anybody else watch it?

Yes mate, when the VPN behaves, I can. I have now reset the recorder too, so hope it all works. Bad tech week, but I am fighting back :-)

The first time I visited the States was 1980 and to LA, a right bloody shock to the system that was, so I am really interested in seeing this.

I was in California in the 70s, great time before it started to go tits up .. been back several times since and I am always on my guard in the cities .. IF you ever get to see 'Snowfall', enjoy ((:>)

Anybody else watch it?

it's for those who want to watch without downloading ! .. or am I missing a relevant point in your question ?
  • Anyone see the (Trevor McDonald) programme "One hour to catch a killer" ? If so, did anyone else think it strange it was shown exactly a year after the murder ? I hope this was done on purpose & had the parents & friends consent. I would have thought it very insensitive otherwise. I wouldn't have wanted it screened on the anniversary - must have been very painful for the family.

Good programme though - although I thought they overdone the "first hour etc" but that being said it showed another scumbag changing his tune as soon as the evidence is put before him.

Don't know how he thought he had any sort of defence to start with
  • Anyone see the (Trevor McDonald) programme "One hour to catch a killer" ? If so, did anyone else think it strange it was shown exactly a year after the murder ? I hope this was done on purpose & had the parents & friends consent. I would have thought it very insensitive otherwise. I wouldn't have wanted it screened on the anniversary - must have been very painful for the family.

Good programme though - although I thought they overdone the "first hour etc" but that being said it showed another scumbag changing his tune as soon as the evidence is put before him.

Just got around to watching it. The amount of times Trevor McDonald said 'the golden hour' was bordering on ridiculous.

Cannot comprehend how anyone could do that. Not only has he ended the life of someone he supposedly "loves" but his own life is now ruined too.
  • Just finishing up Vikings on Prime. Can anyone recommend a Prime series to try next? Already ticked off black sails.

Very good: Bosch, The Americans, Prison Break, Goliath
    Good: Turn, Crossing Lines, Mozart in the Jungle, Man in the High Castle (series 1), Sneaky Pete, Night Manager
    Ok and very watcheable: Taken (the series), Rogue, Mad Dogs(US).
  • Sponsored links:

Anybody else watch it?

It is usually a rights issue. Not the BBC/iPlayer's fault, ultimately. Can be frustrating, I agree.

I downloaded W1A and Russia episodes without a problem and watched them on the journey back from London.

@Lincsaddick looks like my recorder captured Snowfall after all, so I look forward to checking it out. Just have a feeling I may need to use subtitles text, and I can't get them on recorded programmes.

• edited October 2017
    Rick & Morty... Any fans on here?

I tried to watch the first episode three times and couldn't get through the first five minutes. But people kept recommending it. Gave it another go, wow - what a series. Dark, imaginative and clever. Not to mention hilarious!

King Jellybean...
  • Electric Dream last night (episode 5 I think??)
    Best one so far.
  • "Escape" on C4.

A group of engineers etc are stranded somewhere & have 7 days to escape by using bits of debris that have been left for them. Last week a group were stuck in a ravine with temperatures in the upper 30's & having to dig out a wreck of a lorry to salvage its engine. Last night another group were in a swamp and had to cut off the top of a bus & used the engine from a motorbike to use like a motorboat.

Really good as I'm useless with my hands & so wouldn't have a clue what to do.
  • About 3 episodes in on Mindhunter, set In the 70's following 2 FBI teachers who start chatting to serial killers to unlock what makes them tick, where previously they had all been assumed to be crazed fuckwits and left to rot. I'm really enjoying watching this, it goes at a good pace. Not dull, I just make it sound like it is
  • Liar turned out to be a disappointing, 3 episodes too long imo.
  • Liar turned out to be a disappointing, 3 episodes too long imo.

Yeah that was pretty bad.
  • se9addick said:

Liar turned out to be a disappointing, 3 episodes too long imo.

I'm guessing there will be a who dunnit second series...
  • Sponsored links:

• About 3 episodes in on Mindhunter, set In the 70's following 2 FBI teachers who start chatting to serial killers to unlock what makes them tick, where previously they had all been assumed to be crazed fuckwits and left to rot. I'm really enjoying watching this, it goes at a good pace. Not dull, I just make it sound like it is

2 episodes in and very enjoyable so far. Some people at work have binge watched it all and say it's brilliant
  • se9addick said:

No point, obvious who dunnit. The black coppers army wife.

• se9addick said:

Agreed it was drawn out a bit long in the end, massive anticlimax at the end too and disappointing.

2nd series that has been agreed would be nice if they just start from scratch again and mix it up keep us guessing, feel its been dragged enough to carry onto the next series with the same cast and story.
  • se9addick said:

Agreed it was drawn out a bit long in the end, massive anticlimax at the end too and disappointing.

2nd series that has been agreed would be nice if they just start from scratch again and mix it up keep us guessing, feel its been dragged enough to carry onto the next series with the same cast and story.
    can't see there being a 2nd series, seeing as the main male character is dead.
  • se9addick said:

can't see there being a 2nd series, seeing as the main male character is dead.
    It came up on the screen at the end, that there will be a second series.
  • Series 2 will be a whodunnit (I reckon the son) or will be the son out to get revenge on Laura who has been made a police detective due to her ability to solve multiple crimes when she is not even a copper.
  • Electric Dream last night (episode 5 I think??)
    Best one so far.

Agreed, though guessed how the ending would go.
  • MrOneLung said:

Series 2 will be a whodunnit (I reckon the son) or will be the son out to get revenge on Laura who has been made a police detective due to her ability to solve multiple crimes when she is not even a copper.

don't bother watching it - it was his mum.
  • MrOneLung said:

Series 2 will be a whodunnit (I reckon the son) or will be the son out to get revenge on Laura who has been made a police detective due to her ability to solve multiple crimes when she is not even a copper.

don't bother watching it - it was his mum.
    they said this morning on tv apparently that the welsh dead fella is in the 2nd series.
  • gonna be flashbacks as to how he died surely.