Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Owen Hargreaves says a lot without really saying anything at all.
  • edited October 2017
    Our Girl on BBC now. Probably the worst thing I have seen on TV for a while.
  • Re Liar : anyone else thinking its now getting a bit too drawn out & unbelievable.

Also Relik - started off as a poor mans Memento and slowly getting even worse. Too convoluted although the ending last night was a twist & a half !!

Liar has got ridiculous now.......lost interest but will watch the last one next week out of curiosity......how on earth did she carry him out the car and tie him up
    What got me was how he knew where the police officer lived & then got into her house - or did I miss something ??
  • Watching The Deuce on Sky Atlantic and loving it (not read the entire thread, so if it's been mentioned already, I apologise!)..
  • 1StevieG said:

I like it, got into it last season. Last nights episode wasn't really anything to shout about but i am sure it will pick up.
  • Just finishing up Vikings on Prime. Can anyone recommend a Prime series to try next? Already ticked off black sails.
  • 1StevieG said:

I like it, got into it last season. Last nights episode wasn't really anything to shout about but i am sure it will pick up.
    thought it was much better when Lacey Turner was in it

• Just finishing up Vikings on Prime. Can anyone recommend a Prime series to try next? Already ticked off black sails.

Season 5 starts next month.

Black Sails I really struggled with...
  • 1StevieG said:

Didn't watch it then i am afraid got watching it with the ex :) do love a bit of Michelle Keegan though!
  • Sponsored links:

• currently on series 4 of vikings which im struggling with a bit, its not the fastest moving.

liar is another which is getting a bit ridiculous.

Watching season 4 is like pulling nails . I tried and I tried to get into it but I had to give up .
  • 1StevieG said:

Agreed , really enjoyed it when Lacy Turner was then main character, did follow it through into the next series with Michelle Keegan , but it wasn't so good, didn't bother with this new series at all.
  • currently on series 4 of vikings which im struggling with a bit, its not the fastest moving.

liar is another which is getting a bit ridiculous.

Watching season 4 is like pulling nails . I tried and I tried to get into it but I had to give up .
    It was fine until Ragnar's storyline ended. Though the Wessex stuff bores the shit out of me too.
  • 1StevieG said:

Agreed , really enjoyed it when Lacy Turner was then main character, did follow it through into the next series with Michelle Keegan , but it wasn't so good, didn't bother with this new series at all.
    Same as Safe House. First series had Christopher Ellison as the main character - Second series (that has just ended) had someone different.
  • Really looking forward to Mindhunter on Netflix. Read the book its based on and Fincher has some cracking history in this field with Se7en and Zodiac
  • 1StevieG said:

Its awful. Even Michelle Keegan cant make it watchable
  • 1StevieG said:

Its awful. Even Michelle Keegan cant make it watchable
    That is certainly a damning indictment, I would watch her if she gave a labour party political broadcast, with the sound off anyway.
  • edited October 2017

Just finishing up Vikings on Prime. Can anyone recommend a Prime series to try next? Already ticked off black sails.

I'm enjoying Mr Robot on it currently, it's a psychological drama about a vigilante hacker. It moves pretty quickly so makes for addictive viewing.
  • 'The Detectives' concluded last night .. a harrowing series of murders in one of England's major cities, most of them it seems as a result of broken homes and drug addiction ..

the casual violence meted out to the victims was extraordinary .. a young man battered to death seemingly for having a piss in the wrong place, a cross dresser murdered because the perpetrator heard voices and just wanted to kill someone, an 'honour killing', and a woman burnt to death by her mad brother who lobbed a Molotov cocktail into her house ..
    we might criticize the police sometimes, but (cliché time) they do stand between the majority of us and those in the minority who are too greedy, too stupid, too sick and too far gone to give a hoot about anyone else
  • Seen episode 4 yet?
    I don't think anyone can say they knew what was going on most of the time, writers included

Yeah that was odd and just not very good, though Sidse Babett Knudsen is quite the milf so wasn't all bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Same as Safe House. First series had Christopher Ellison as the main character - Second series (that has just ended) had someone different.
    I didn't realise the last episode of Safe House was the last episode and was waiting for the next episode. Didn't like the ending. Not as good as series one. In both series the Safe House has turned out to be anything but safe.

• Anyone see the (Trevor McDonald) programme "One hour to catch a killer" ? If so, did anyone else think it strange it was shown exactly a year after the murder ? I hope this was done on purpose & had the parents & friends consent. I would have thought it very insensitive otherwise. I wouldn't have wanted it screened on the anniversary - must have been very painful for the family.

Good programme though - although I thought they overdone the "first hour etc" but that being said it showed another scumbag changing his tune as soon as the evidence is put before him.
  • RedPanda said:

Just finishing up Vikings on Prime. Can anyone recommend a Prime series to try next? Already ticked off black sails.

I'm enjoying Mr Robot on it currently, it's a psychological drama about a vigilante hacker. It moves pretty quickly so makes for addictive viewing.
    I think I am up to date with Mr. Robot. Unless some new stuff has come out in the last 6 months or so. I really enjoyed it to begin with but it dragged for me towards the end
  • Dazzler21 said:

Does prime release everything at once like Netflix does with some series? Looking forward to season 5 but at the rate we are getting through it we'll need another one pretty soon!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Does prime release everything at once like Netflix does with some series? Looking forward to season 5 but at the rate we are getting through it we'll need another one pretty soon!
    Prime tend to release their big shows one episode a week.
  • Snowfall (BBC Sunday) looks as though it could be interesting .. or it could be just style over substance
  • Anyone see the (Trevor McDonald) programme "One hour to catch a killer" ? If so, did anyone else think it strange it was shown exactly a year after the murder ? I hope this was done on purpose & had the parents & friends consent. I would have thought it very insensitive otherwise. I wouldn't have wanted it screened on the anniversary - must have been very painful for the family.

Good programme though - although I thought they overdone the "first hour etc" but that being said it showed another scumbag changing his tune as soon as the evidence is put before him.

I found it very interesting
  • Snowfall (BBC Sunday) looks as though it could be interesting .. or it could be just style over substance

I had the recorder set for that, but the recorder decides whether or not it will actually record things.

Anybody else watch it?

I had the recorder set for that, but the recorder decides whether or not it will actually record things.

Anybody else watch it?

I did and quite enjoyed it. Got potential. Possibly not one to watch if you've got an elderly aunty visiting though.

Struggled with the combination of the sound mix and the 80's drug dealer slang a little bit too.

Anybody else watch it?

it's on iPlayer .. IF you can use that wherever you are ?