Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just finished the first two episodes of absentia, so far, so good!
  • The Detectives on BBC2 .. real life cops chasing & catching low life murderers in Manchester .. 10/10 .. better than most fictional cops & robbers series

Agreed......it’s a really good insightful show.
  • Loved the first episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. It felt that it picked up seamlessly from where it left off a few years ago.
  • He looked bad before....but Richard Lewis looks as rough as a badger’s arse now.
  • 'Billion Dollar Deals' .. another superb BBC series about 'how we live today' without perhaps even realising it
  • Loved the first episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. It felt that it picked up seamlessly from where it left off a few years ago.

Agreed. Thought it was superb. Six years since the last season, that has flow.

Worth checking out 'Long Shot on Netflix. Amazing set of coincidences get a man off the death penalty and it's down to Larry David (true story)
  • edited October 2017

He looked bad before....but Richard Lewis looks as rough as a badger’s arse now.

It was shocking to see Richard Lewis, he looked at death's door when you saw him in profile and Larry looked 20 years older in that shower scene too (one for the ladies there). I was also surprised that Jeff and Leon hadn't changed at all since the last series and Jeff's (f*** you Larry) wife actually looked 5 years younger.
  • The Detectives on BBC2 .. real life cops chasing & catching low life murderers in Manchester .. 10/10 .. better than most fictional cops & robbers series

Agreed......it’s a really good insightful show.
    Have to agree. Nothing better than watching a proper fly on the wall programme. The way the Portuguese man changed once faced with all the evidence was amazing. Shows that there are some real scum bags out there - just hope you don't happen to come across one of them in your lifetime.
  • I've also been watching limitless, which is garbage, bit she loves it, so if looks like I'm in this for the long run :'(
  • Sponsored links:

• Tin Star - all filmed in my neck of the woods - saw them filming it at the time round here & didn't realise what it was they were making...
  • Oakster said:

Tin Star - all filmed in my neck of the woods - saw them filming it at the time round here & didn't realise what it was they were making...

I envy you living with those views year round.

• Oakster said:

Tin Star - all filmed in my neck of the woods - saw them filming it at the time round here & didn't realise what it was they were making...

Love the scenery but I thought the writing and acting were pretty poor. Gave up on it part way through episode 3.
  • currently on series 4 of vikings which im struggling with a bit, its not the fastest moving.

liar is another which is getting a bit ridiculous.
  • Been watching electric dreams on 4, it's like black mirror but not as good (so far, only seen 2).
  • Talal said:

Been watching electric dreams on 4, it's like black mirror but not as good (so far, only seen 2).

Yup, that's what I said.
    Almost like they lost Black Mirror to Netflix and made a point of finding a replacement.
  • Talal said:

Been watching electric dreams on 4, it's like black mirror but not as good (so far, only seen 2).

Yup, that's what I said.
    Almost like they lost Black Mirror to Netflix and made a point of finding a replacement.
    Missed your post. Yes seems like it. The 2 I've seen have been watchable but at the same time forgettable.
  • Re Liar : anyone else thinking its now getting a bit too drawn out & unbelievable.

Also Relik - started off as a poor mans Memento and slowly getting even worse. Too convoluted although the ending last night was a twist & a half !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Re Liar : anyone else thinking its now getting a bit too drawn out & unbelievable.

Also Relik - started off as a poor mans Memento and slowly getting even worse. Too convoluted although the ending last night was a twist & a half !!

Liar has got ridiculous now.......lost interest but will watch the last one next week out of curiosity......how on earth did she carry him out the car and tie him up

yes, although good, Liar is now becoming a bit too unbelievable. Still think there must be a twist in the tail somewhere.

Just catching up with The Detectives - Murder on the Streets. Very good indeed.

Written by same people I believe
  • I thought Rellik was written by the people who wrote The Missing on BBC
  • The Jamie Vardy V9 'talent hunt' show on Sky is interesting ..
  • I am liking Liar still, yes there has been alot of twists / not realistic too but kind of have to drag out really as 6 parts. I think its easy to watch, some shocking bits/ creepy too.

I read there is likely to be a 2nd one, i am hoping they use a different cast because otherwise it will feel dragged out. Would work better continue it but different actors/actresses and plot line which keeps you guessing
  • Just started watching the new Suburra series on Netflix.
    If it's anything like the film it should be a good watch.
  • Talal said:

Yup, that's what I said.
    Preferred episode 3 'The Commuter' but still felt like it was missing something.
  • Seen episode 4 yet?
    I don't think anyone can say they knew what was going on most of the time, writers included
  • Seen episode 4 yet?
    I don't think anyone can say they knew what was going on most of the time, writers included

Nope not yet, will get back to you but doesn't sound promising!